On this page:
- Definition of the noun congo
- Phrases with Congo
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Congo
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Congo
- Photos about Congo
- Video language resources about Congo
- Quotes about Congo
- Scrabble value of C3O1N1G2O1
- Anagrams of CONGO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun congo
What does congo mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- congo: congoes / congos
- Congo: -
- black tea grown in China
- "Congo" is a 1995 action adventure film loosely based on Michael Crichton's novel of the same name. It was directed by Frank Marshall and stars Laura Linney, Dylan Walsh, Ernie Hudson, Tim Curry, Grant Heslov, and Joe Don Baker. The film was released on June 9, 1995 by Paramount Pictures.
- also known as Kongo
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, American Sign Language, Swahili Language
- producers: Kathleen Kennedy & Sam Mercer
- executive producers: Frank Marshall & Frank Yablans
- production design by J. Michael Riva
- art direction by Richard Holland
- written by John Patrick Shanley
- based on "Congo" by Michael Crichton
- Laura Linney as Dr. Karen Ross
- Dylan Walsh as Dr. Peter Elliot
- Ernie Hudson as Captain Munro Kelly
- Tim Curry as Herkermer Homolka
- Grant Heslov as Richard
- Joe Don Baker as R.B. Travis
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Kahega
- Bruce Campbell as Charles Travis
- Misty Rosas as Amy the Talking Gorilla
- Mary Ellen Trainor as Moira
- Delroy Lindo as Captain Wanta
- Joe Pantoliano as Eddie Ventro
- Frank Welker
- Stuart Pankin as Boyd
- Lola Noh as Amy the Talking Gorilla
- Carolyn Seymour as Eleanor Romy
- Romy Rosemont as Assistant
- James Karen as College President
- Bill Pugin as William
- Lawrence T. Wrentz as Prof. Arliss Wender
- Robert Almodovar as Rudy
- Kathleen Connors as Sally
- Joel Weiss as TraviCom Operator
- John Hawkes as Bob Driscoll
- Peter Jason as Mr. Janus
- Jimmy Buffett as 727 Pilot
- James Paradise as Transport Worker #1
- William John Murphy as Transport Worker #2
- Thom Barry as Samahani
- Ayo Adejugbe as African Airport Guard
- Kevin Grevioux as Roadblock Officer
- Karara Muhoro as Roadblock Soldier
- Darnell Suttles as Hospital Interrogator
- Michael Chinyamurindi as Claude from Mombasa
- Willie Amakye as Lead Porter
- Malang as Porter #1
- Jay Speed Forney as Porter #2
- Shelton Mack as Porter #3
- David Mungai as Porter #4
- Anthony Mutune as Porter #5
- Sylvester Mwangi as Porter #6
- Les Robinson as Porter #7
- Nelson Shalita as Porter #8
- E.J. Callahan as DC-3 Pilot
- Guy Toley as DC-3 Co-Pilot
- Jackson Gitonga as Mizumu Tribesman #1
- Andrew Kamuyu as Mizumu Tribesman #2
- Fidel Bateke as Witch Doctor
- Shayna Fox as Amy the Talking Gorilla
- Taylor Nichols as Jeffrey Weems
- casting by Allison Cowitt & Mike Fenton
- cinematography by Allen Daviau
- edited by Anne V. Coates
- music by Jerry Goldsmith
- costume design by Marilyn Matthews
- set decoration by Lisa Fischer
- location: Arcadia
- genres: Action Film, Adventure Film, Mystery, Science Fiction
- tagline: Where you are the endangered species.
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (20 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Director nomination for Frank Marshall
- Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor nomination for Tim Curry
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress nomination for Amy the Talking Gorilla
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Screenplay (from the Novel by Michael Crichton) nomination for John Patrick Shanley
- Razzie Award for Worst Picture nomination for Kathleen Kennedy, Sam Mercer, Paramount Pictures
- Razzie Award for Worst New Star nomination for Amy the Talking Gorilla
- Razzie Award for Worst Original Song (For the song "(Feel The) Spirit of Africa".) nomination for Lebo M. & Jerry Goldsmith
- Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Animal Star (Amy the Talking Gorilla) nomination for Misty Rosas
- "Congo" a.k.a. "Kongo" is a talking Pre-Code film produced and distributed by MGM, directed by William J. Cowen, and starring Walter Huston, Lupe Vélez, and Virginia Bruce in this adaptation of the 1926 Broadway play, which had starred Huston.
- read more about Kongo
- Congo is a fictional character from the 2005 film Country Concert.
- Congo is a fictional character from the 1942 film Duke of the Navy.
Phrases with Congo
- congo eel
- congo gum
- congo red
- Congo Eels
- congo copal
- congo franc
- Congo Mahoe
- Congo Peggy
- Congo Shrew
- congo snake
- Congo Tetra
- Congo Coffee
- Congo Gerbil
- Congo Martin
- Congo Barbaso
- Congo Bay Owl
- Congo Peacock
- congo peafowl
- Congo Moor Chat
View more phrases with the word Congo in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Congo
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
D.R. Congo (2010)
by Loso Kiteti Boya
travel back and forth on the meandering road of the Congolese journey. The DR Congo is a land of ecological gigantism...
China Opened (2015)
by Karl Friedrich August Gützlaff
The Congo is the principal tea consumed in England. There are three kinds...
World history, Africa by CTI Reviews
CHAPTER HIGHLIGHTS: KEY TERMS, PEOPLE, PLACES, CONCEPTS Congo: Congo is a geographical region in...
But since then the Congo, with the vast natural resources, vast wealth, huge land mass, the Congo is an impoverished country right now. It can barely feed its own people. It cannot even feed its own people. All of the potential that exists there ...
The Last Rhinos (2012)
My Battle to Save One of the World's Greatest Creatures by Lawrence Anthony, Graham Spence
The Congo is the deepest river in the world and it flows virtually across Africa, crossing the equator twice on its 3,000-mile journey to the sea. At some points this absolutely amazing river is over a hundred miles wide. Only the Amazon pumps ...
by Mr. Dhaneshwar Ghura, Ms. Rina Bhattacharya
Among the explanatory variables only the terms of trade and the error correction term are taken to be exogenous, the terms of trade is taken to be exogenous since Congo is a small economy with little influence on world market prices.
by Michael Gardiner, Graeme Macdonald, Niall O'Gallagher
oseph Conrad's Congo is the horror of an inhuman colonial trade in commodities and lives. At the icy heart of Corbet's Canada is a white void , reflecting back the moral hollowness of imperial, industrial Europe.
by James Ciment, Immanuel Ness
the Democratic Republic of Congo (formerly Zaire), is located in the heart of the continent, bordered by no less than nine countries. A collection of various kingdoms and ethnic groups in the ...
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (1916)
1, 2, 4 Benito, French Congo 1, 2, 6 Gross (Grand) Popo, Togoland— Bereby, Ivory Coast... . . . 1 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Congo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Congo
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Congo
Click on an item to play that video:
- Congo's dandies give new meaning to fashion victim
The streets of Congo's capital Brazzaville have taken on a more stylish appearance thanks to the 'sapeurs', a sartorial subculture of colourful dandies inspired by ...
- Congo Meaning
Video shows what Congo means. A country in Central Africa with Brazzaville as capital. Official name: Republic of the Congo.. A country in Central Africa with ...
- Congo Peggy Meaning
Video shows what Congo Peggy means. A red ant.. Congo Peggy Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Congo Peggy. Powered ...
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Congo
- The Jesus Film - Kifuliiru / Fuliiru / Fulero / Fuliru / Kifulero Language (D.R. Congo)
The Story of the Life and Times of Jesus Christ (Son of God). According to the Gospel of Luke. (D.R. Congo) Kifuliiru / Fuliiru / Fulero / Fuliru / Kifulero Language.
- Lari language original song Congo Esparanz
Esparanz is from the Congo. This is an original song he wrote in his native tongue Lari. It is a worship song that he and his wife sing. Like and share if you'd like ...
- Luzi of Congo,A congolese speaking Nepalese Language.
Nepal army is helping peace process in Congo. As they are known for their bravery, UN has been sending them in different countries to end conflict in these ...
- The Story of Jesus - Chokwe Congo / Ciokwe / Tshokwe / Tschiokwe Language
The Story of the Life and Times of Jesus Christ (Son of God). According to the Gospel of Luke. (D.R. Congo) Chokwe Congo / Ciokwe / Tshokwe / Tschiokwe ...
- Words of Life KAKWA: Congo People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life KAKWA: Congo People/Language Movie Trailer c13030 [c13030t] Other names for this language are: Bari Kakwa, Kakua, Kakwa, Kakwa: ...
- The Story of Jesus - Beembe / Kibeembe / Bembe Language (Congo)
The Story of the Life and Times of Jesus Christ (Son of God). According to the Gospel of Luke. (Congo) Beembe / Kibeembe / Bembe Language. God Bless You ...
- Third Language Congo Line!!
- Character description 1 red hook aka congo
See also the pronunciation examples of Congo!
Quotes about Congo
A single bracelet does not jingle.
more quotes about congo...
Scrabble value of C3O1N1G2O1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CONGO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Congo!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Congo to see it in context!