On this page:
Definition of the noun Cowan
What does Cowan mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: cowans
- A worker in unmortared stone.
- [freemasonry] A person who wishes to learn the secrets of Masonry without experiencing the rituals or going through the degrees.
- Cowan is a city in Franklin County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 1,737 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Tullahoma, Tennessee Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Cowan is a small town near Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia, approximately 40 kilometres north of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of Hornsby Shire. It is described by some as part of the loosely defined North Shore region. Cowan shares the postcode of 2081 with Berowra. Brooklyn, which lies 6 kilometres to the north-east of Cowan, is sometimes considered the northernmost suburb of the Greater Sydney Metropolitan Area.
- also known as Cowan, New South Wales
- part of New South Wales
- Cowan is an unincorporated community in Monroe Township, Delaware County, Indiana.
- Cowan a.k.a. Cowan, Pennsylvania: Cowan is a populated place in Buffalo Township, Union County, Pennsylvania. Notable institutions in Cowan include Bucknell University's Forrest Brown Conference Center.
- read more about Cowan, Pennsylvania
- Cowan a.k.a. Cowan, Virginia: Cowan is an unincorporated community in Pulaski County, in the U.S. state of Virginia.
- read more about Cowan, Virginia
- Cowan is a Building.
Cowan is a fictional character from the 2006 film Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu.
Cowan is a website.
- official website: stateofnevada.info/people/Cowan
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cowan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Modern Pagans on the Internet by Douglas E. Cowan
A cowan is a person who is curious about the Old Ways, but may not know much (or anything) about them, or about this particular coven. In other words, a beginner. Cowans do not attend classes or rituals, but are welcome to come and chat ...
Cowan is an old lady.
You Cannot Surge Trust: Combined Naval Operations of the Royal Australian Navy, Canadian Navy, Royal Navy, and United States Navy, 1991-2003 (2015)
by United States. Army
Cowan is a better choice . . . most in the . . . [Abraham Lincoln carrier battle group]... will be so fitted.
Roth Unbound (2013)
A Writer and His Books by Claudia Roth Pierpont
Michelle Cowan is a minor character with major impact, a portrait of the successful modern woman—career, loving husband, ...
Faith-Based Marketing (2009)
The Guide to Reaching 140 Million Christian Customers by Bob Hutchins, Greg Stielstra
Rogers & Cowan is a forerunner in PR development with widespread experience in both faith-based and secular media. Through a carefully crafted and comprehensive plan focusing on the family-friendly nature of GodTube. com, they were ...
by Raven Grimassi
COWAN is a term used in modern Wicca and Witchcraft to denote someone who is not a Wiccan/Witch. Generally, the word implies that the person has no connection to, or sympathy for, the religion of Wicca/Witchcraft. CRAFT is a modern term ...
by Christopher H. Sterling
Louis Cowan is associated mainly with the creation of various quiz shows, both for radio andlaterfor television.However, Cowan himself was mostinterested in creating shows with an intellectualslantfor popularaudiences. Alongthose lines ...
by Gary McCulloch, David Crook
Instruction Gary McCulloch Integration Gary McCulloch Intelligence/intelligence tests Steven Cowan Intermediate/middle school Gary McCulloch International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA) Tom Woodin ...
by Augustus ROW
Cowan.—The term Cowan has, among our brethren of the Free and Accepted Craft, a meaning and signification of its own, which is so well understood by every Mason, that there is no reason to speculate upon its masonic interpretation here; ...
their physical and political geography : together with a brief notice of all the capitals, principal towns, and villages ... by William Henry Wells
COWAN. A parish in the hundred of Dundas, county of Cumberland, N.S.W., bounded on the N. E. by the Hawkesbury river from its confluence with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cowan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cowan
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Gavin Cowan.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Cowan
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Cowan!
Quotes about Cowan
Stars set black
As dawn awakens
The unyielding skies
From slumbers grasp
Dons her mask
To meet the day
Another day (Chuck Cowan)
more quotes about cowan...
Scrabble value of C3O1W4A1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cowan to see it in context!