On this page:
- Definition of the noun crustacean
- Definition of the adjective crustacean
- Phrases with Crustacean
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Crustacean
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Crustacean
- Photos about Crustacean
- Video language resources about Crustacean
- Scrabble value of C3R1U1S1T1A1C3E1A1N1
- Anagrams of CRUSTACEAN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun crustacean
What does crustacean mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: crustaceans
- any mainly aquatic arthropod usually having a segmented body and chitinous exoskeleton
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- more generic word: arthropod = invertebrate having jointed limbs and a segmented body with an exoskeleton made of chitin
- more specific terms:
- malacostracan crustacean = a major subclass of crustaceans
- decapod crustacean / decapod = crustaceans characteristically having five pairs of locomotor appendages each joined to a segment of the thorax
- brachyuran = typical crabs
- stomatopod crustacean / stomatopod = a kind of crustacean
- branchiopod crustacean / branchiopodan / branchiopod = aquatic crustaceans typically having a carapace and many pairs of leaflike appendages used for swimming as well as respiration and feeding
- copepod crustacean / copepod = minute marine or freshwater crustaceans usually having six pairs of limbs on the thorax
- mussel shrimp / seed shrimp / ostracod = tiny marine and freshwater crustaceans with a shrimp-like body enclosed in a bivalve shell
- cirripede / barnacle / cirriped = marine crustaceans with feathery food-catching appendages; free-swimming as larvae
- member of: class Crustacea / Crustacea = class of mandibulate arthropods including: lobsters; crabs; shrimps; woodlice; barnacles; decapods
Alternative definition of the noun crustacean
- Any arthropod of the subphylum Crustacea, including lobsters, crabs, shrimp, barnacles and woodlice.
Definition of the adjective crustacean
What does crustacean mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of or belonging to the class Crustacea
- Crustacean is a musical group.
- albums: "Greed, Tyranny & Sodomy"
- Crustacean is a thrash metal band from the Netherlands.
- genre: Heavy metal
Phrases with Crustacean
- copepod crustacean
- decapod crustacean
- stomatopod crustacean
- branchiopod crustacean
- malacostracan crustacean
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Crustacean
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopaedia britannica (1922)
the new volumes, constituting, in combination with the twenty-nine volumes of the eleventh edition, the twelfth edition of that work, and also supplying a new, distinctive, and independent library of reference dealing with events and developments of the period 1910 to 1921 inclusive. The first-third of the new volumes by Hugh Chisholm
Waptia fieldensis Walcott, a Afysji-like crustacean. — Opabinia regalis Walcott, a Branch: pus-like crustacean. — Another specimen of Opabinia regalis Walcott. — Burgessia India Walcott, an A pus-like crustacean. — Marrella splendens ...
A Dictionary of Owa (2014)
A Language of the Solomon Islands by Greg Mellow
crustacean arimango Mud Crab. Scylla serrata gafe crab (generic) gafe arite Spotted Reef Crab. Carpilius maculatus gafe gafe faruta ...
Oldest known crustacean larva, Wujicaris muelleri from the lower Cambrian of China (520 million years old), already closely resembling modern larval morphology. (b) Modern-type mantis shrimp larva from the Upper Jurassic Solnhofen ...
by A & C Black Publishers Ltd
crustacean shed periodically as the animals grow, e.g. crabs or lobsters crustacean crustacean /kr|steiʃ(ə)n/ noun SEA- FOOD an animal with a hard shell, usually living in the sea, e.g. a lobster, crab or shrimp The crayfish is afreshwater ...
Environmental Law Lexicon (2015)
by Nicholas A. Robinson
CRUSTACEAN: A large class of (arthropodan) animals, usually aquatic, bearing a horny shell, such as lobsters, barnacles, shrimps, water fleas, etc. [TIE]; crustacean includes any part, product, egg, or offspring thereof, or the dead body or ...
by Joseph C. Salamone
CRUSTACEAN CHITIN SYNTHESIS Subcellular organelles, particularly the Golgi complex, are crucial to the synthesis of chitin in the crustaceans. The crustacean cuticle consists of a protein-polysaccharide complex where chitin is covalently ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
python crushing tooth molar crush inward stave crush noisily crunch crush out of shape stave crush to powder grind, pound crush underfoot trample crush utterly overwhelm crush with teeth chew, grind crustacean barnacle, crab, crayfish, ...
by M. F. Fuller
Crustacean feeding 127 128 Crustacean feeding OFFSHORE COASTAL ESTUARY Mysis Protozoea Megalopa Nauplius. and also because not all the N present in biological materials is in the form of protein. Compounds, other than protein, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Crustacean
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Crustacean
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: naan
Crustacean in the Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid attraction in New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom.
Photo credit: Sam Howzit
Photo credit: Tnkntx
Photo credit: swkaplan
Photo credit: Maëlick
- Black Pepper Crab at Crustacean
Photo credit: Clemson
- Garlic Noodle from Crustacean
Photo credit: Clemson
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Crustacean
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Crustacean!
Scrabble value of C3R1U1S1T1A1C3E1A1N1
The value of this 10-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CRUSTACEAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Crustacean!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Crustacean to see it in context!