On this page:
- Definition of the adjective cryptic
- Definition of the noun cryptic
- Phrases with Cryptic
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cryptic
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cryptic
- Photos about Cryptic
- Video language resources about Cryptic
- Quotes about Cryptic
- Scrabble value of C3R1Y4P3T1I1C3
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective cryptic
What does cryptic mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more cryptic / most cryptic
- of an obscure nature
- having a secret or hidden meaning
- having a puzzling terseness
- example: a cryptic note
- similar: concise
Alternative definition of the adjective cryptic
- Having hidden meaning.
- Mystified or of an obscure nature.
- Involving use of code or cipher/cypher.
Definition of the noun cryptic
What does cryptic mean as a name of something?
- [informal] A cryptic crossword.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Thriller, Science Fiction, Supernatural
- released in (6 years ago)
"Cryptic" is a work written by Jack McDevitt.
- released in (32 years ago)
- award: - Nebula Award for Best Short Story nomination for Jack McDevitt
- "Cryptic" is the seventh full-length studio album by the Swedish death metal band Edge of Sanity, released on December 1, 1997 by Black Mark Productions. It is the only Edge of Sanity album in which Dan Swanö does not contribute. Guitarist, Andreas Axelsson hired a new vocalist in an attempt to keep the band together.
- "Cryptic" is a musical album of F.L.O..
- released on
- "Cryptic" is a musical album of Roger Rotor.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Cryptic" is a musical album of Here Come the Mummies.
- released on
- "Cryptic" is a musical album of Mistress of the Dead.
- released in (9 years ago)
Cryptic is a musical group.
- album: "Once Holy Realm"
- Cryptic is a geologic time period.
- cryptic a.k.a. cripto, FRL-1, cryptic family 1 is a gene.
- read more about cripto, FRL-1, cryptic family 1
Phrases with Cryptic
- Cryptic Warbler
- Cryptic Frogfish
- Cryptic Antthrush
- Cryptic Chameleon
- Cryptic crossword
- Cryptic Kelp Crab
- cryptic coloration
- Cryptic Flycatcher
- Cryptic Fritillary
- Cryptic Forest Falcon
- Cryptic Teardrop Crab
- Cryptic Tadpole Shrimp
- Cryptic Burrowing Anemone
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cryptic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of toxicology (2005)
Dib-L] by Philip Wexler, Bruce D. Anderson
AlphacryptovirusAlphacryptovirus, type species, white clover cryptic virus , type species, white clover cryptic virus 1 (WCCV1) 1 (WCCV1) The segmented dsRNA genome (two RNAs of about 2.0 and 1.7 kbp, and possibly a third RNA in some ...
Cryptic : Anything hidden. 1) Structurally heterozygous individuals that are not identifiable as they do not show abnormal meiotic chromosome ...
by Michael Allaby, Chris Park
See also cryptic coloration. cryptic coloration (crypsis) A form of *camouflage, in which an animal has colouring and/or markings that make it difficult to detect against the background, as a protection against *predators. See also cryptic.
by Gurbachan Miglani
cryptic polymorphism: A type of polymorphism that is controlled by recessive genes. cryptic satellite: A satellite DNA sequence not identified as such by a separate peak on a density gradient; that is, it remains present in main-band DNA . cryptic ...
which have clues offering only one means of arriving at eachsolution, cryptic crossword clues usually have two. These are a definition and a secondary ...
A Dictionary of Zoology (2014)
by Michael Allaby
crypsis See CRYPTIC COLORATION . crypt ...
by Albert G. Mackey
* CRYPTIC DEGREES The degrees of Royal and Select Master. Some modern ritualists have added to the list the Degree of ...
The Birdwatcher's Dictionary (2010)
by Peter Weaver
Cryptic Camouflaging. Cryptic colouration and patterning of ADULT birds, eggs and young is well seen in many ground-nesting SPECIES, for example the Ringed Plover Charadrius hiaticula and the Woodcock Scolopax ruslicola. The term ...
by Augustus ROW
Cryptic Masonry. —Cryptic, from the Latin word crypticus, signifying concealed or subterraneous.
by Julius M. Cruse, Robert E. Lewis
To render immunoglobulin molecules less immunogenic in a heterolo- gous recipient, they may be treated with pepsin to remove cryptic T cell epitopes. The dominant epitopes are most efficiently processed and presented from native antigen.
A Dictionary of Genetics (2006)
by Robert C. King, William D. Stansfield, Pamela Khipple Mulligan
Cryptic coloration is a form of camouflage that makes the species inconspicuous against its natural backgrounds. Behavioral crypsis includes stealthy movements and unflinching inactivity when a predator is nearby. See adaptive melanism.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cryptic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cryptic
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: rivo
Photo credit: CatherineSherer
A reference to the architect T C Hine from 1881.
Taken during a Nottingham photography meet-up.
Photo credit: ☺ Lee J Haywood
Photo credit: rakugo
Can you decipher it?
Photo credit: Cindy Funk
Photo credit: Abulic Monkey
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Missing a few letters here....
Photo credit: cogdogblog
In the crypt of Canterbury cathedral [0171-0032]
Photo credit: Simon Blackley
Andreas Manessinger, manessinger.com, Creative Commons BY-SA
Photo credit: amanessinger
- Cryptic Clue
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Cryptic wrasse (Pteragogus cryptus)
Photo credit: krokodiver
Photo credit: axmai
- Cryptic Lizard on Tonsai, Krabi
can you see it?
Photo credit: James Gagen
- Cryptic Barklouse
Lichenomima sp. Rock Creek Park, Washington, DC, USA.
Photo credit: treegrow
- Cryptic Wosog
Crypt of Les Invalides
Photo credit: Son of Groucho
- Cryptic Modules
18 x 25
price on request
Photo credit: Abecedarian Gallery
- Cryptic roof
Photo credit: feltip1982
- Cryptic Sponge Shrimp (Galastorcaris paronae)
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Photo credit: krokodiver
- Run! Cryptic region
Photo credit: shiver menna
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Cryptic
Click on an item to play that video:
- Cryptic Meaning
Video shows what cryptic means. Having hidden meaning.. Mystified or of an obscure nature.. Involving use of code or cipher/cypher.. Cryptic Meaning. How to ...
- Online Tech Webinar: Removing the "Cryptic" from Encryption: HIPAA and the Meaning of Secure PHI
Brian Balow of Dickinson Wright and April Sage of Online Tech discuss the HIPAA Breach Notification Rule and the implementation of HHS encryption standards ...
- Cryptic Clues For You To Answer - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Cryptic Clues - Find The Answer - ESL British English Pronunciation
- CLIP Formula Free Statistics 101: A Typical Cryptic Description
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Research Unit presents: Statistics 101: Formula Free Statistics Faculty: Nick Barrowman, PhD At the ...
- The Cryptic Language Comercial
- The Y.K. Dictionary - Cryptic
- Cryptic LPs | Pokemon HeartGold | Episode #18 (Check Description)
- Cryptic staff check description of the video please
View more videos about Cryptic Crossword.
See also the pronunciation examples of Cryptic!
Quotes about Cryptic
The drawing of the blinded sight
Close them hide hold disguise
Folded cryptic open veiled
What see to see too much of the light
Mortal whirled too much of the world
Unseen closed immortal healed
Sometimes caved means to be saved (Miroslava Odalovic)
more quotes about cryptic...
Scrabble value of C3R1Y4P3T1I1C3
The value of this 7-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cryptic to see it in context!