On this page:
Definition of the noun cypraeidae
What does cypraeidae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- family of marine gastropods comprising the cowries
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Cypraeidae: family Cypraeidae
- more generic term: mollusk family = a family of mollusks
- member of: order Pectinibranchia / Pectinibranchia = large order of gastropods comprising univalve mollusks that have a single gill resembling a comb
- member: genus Cypraea / Cypraea = type genus of the family Cypraeidae: the typical cowries
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cypraeidae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Wesley Tunnell
Cypraeidae is a large family of gastropods, also known as thin with a wide aperture and a thin outer lip. The shell of ...
Psychoactive Substances for Use in Sexual Practices by Christian Rätsch, Claudia Müller-Ebeling
The Cypraeidae Family, including the genus Cypraea, has about 200 species and was ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1890)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences and General Literature
–Cypraeidae (the Cowries).
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney (1903)
A genus of gastropods, type of the family Cypraeidae; the cowries. Cypraea moneta is the money-cowry, used in many parts of the world ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cypraeidae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cypraeidae
Click on an item to view that photo:
Various Cypraeidae found on the beach
Photo credit: Roberto Verzo
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of C3Y4P3R1A1E1I1D2A1E1
The value of this 10-letter word is 18 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Cypraeidae to find many related words and phrases!