On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun dm
What does dm mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonym of DM: diabetes mellitus
- more generic word: diabetes = a polygenic disease characterized by abnormally high glucose levels in the blood
- more specific terms:
- insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus / ketoacidosis-prone diabetes / juvenile-onset diabetes / ketosis-prone diabetes / growth-onset diabetes / autoimmune diabetes / juvenile diabetes / type I diabetes / IDDM = severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset; characterized by polyuria and excessive thirst and increased appetite and weight loss and episodic ketoacidosis
- ketoacidosis-resistant diabetes mellitus / non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus / ketosis-resistant diabetes mellitus / maturity-onset diabetes mellitus / ketoacidosis-resistant diabetes / non-insulin-dependent diabetes / adult-onset diabetes mellitus / ketosis-resistant diabetes / maturity-onset diabetes / mature-onset diabetes / adult-onset diabetes / type II diabetes / NIDDM = mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults; can be precipitated by obesity or severe stress or menopause or other factors
- chemical diabetes / latent diabetes = a mild form of diabetes mellitus in which there are no overt symptoms but there are abnormal responses to some diagnostic procedures
- a metric unit of length equal to one tenth of a meter
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonyms of dm: decimeter / decimetre
- more generic term: metric linear unit = a linear unit of distance in metric terms
- part of: m / meter / metre = the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- part: centimeter / centimetre / cm = a metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter
- Dm a.k.a. Dominica, officially the Commonwealth of Dominica, is an island nation in the Lesser Antilles region of the Caribbean Sea, south-southeast of Guadeloupe and northwest of Martinique. Its size is 750 square kilometres and the highest point in the country is Morne Diablotins, which has an elevation of 1,447 metres. The Commonwealth of Dominica had a population of 72,301 at the 2014 Census. The capital is Roseau which is located on the leeward side of the island.
- DM a.k.a. Dubai Municipality: Władze Miasta Dubaju – jednostka organizacyjna zarządzająca Dubajem.
- read more about Dubai Municipality
- DM a.k.a. Derick Martini: Derick Patrick Martini is an American screenwriter and film director.
- read more about Derick Martini
- DM a.k.a. D.M. Sevilla is an actor.
- read more about D.M. Sevilla (actor)
Dm a.k.a. Maersk Air A/S was a Danish airline which operated between 1969 and 2005. Owned by the eponymous A. P. Møller–Mærsk Group, it operated a mix of scheduled and chartered passenger and cargo services. Headquartered at Dragør, its main operating bases were Copenhagen Airport, Billund Airport and Esbjerg Airport. The airline had offshore helicopter operations from 1975 to 1999 and had three airline subsidiaries: Maersk Air UK, Maersk Commuter and Star Air.
- also known as Mærsk Air
"Dm" a.k.a. "D.M." is the third album of Daichi Miura.
- dm: .dm is the country code top-level domain for Dominica. Registrants of a second-level .dm domain get the corresponding third-level names within .com.dm, .net.dm and .org.dm automatically included. There are no restrictions on who can register these names, but they are not very heavily used.
- also known as .dm
- official website: www.nic.dm
- DM was the windowing system used by Apollo Computer Inc. for its Apollo/Domain line of workstations running the AEGIS operating system, later renamed Domain/OS.
- DM a.k.a. Dmpk is a protein.
- read more about Dmpk
- Dm a.k.a. dystrophia myotonica-protein kinase is a gene.
- also known as myotonin protein kinase A, myotonic dystrophy associated protein kinase, dystrophia myotonica 1, DM protein kinase, thymopoietin homolog, myotonic dystrophy protein kinase
- Dm a.k.a. dystrophia myotonica 1 (includes dystrophia myotonia protein kinase) is a gene.
Scrabble value of D2M3
The value of this 2-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.