On this page:
- Definition of the noun dalmatia
- Phrases with Dalmatia
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dalmatia
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dalmatia
- Photos about Dalmatia
- Video about Dalmatia
- Scrabble value of D2A1L1M3A1T1I1A1
- Anagrams of DALMATIA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun dalmatia
What does dalmatia mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a historical region of Croatia on the Adriatic Sea; mountainous with many islands
- Dalmatia is one of the four historical regions of Croatia, alongside Croatia proper, Slavonia, and Istria. Located on the eastern coast of the Adriatic Sea, the region's hinterland, the Dalmatian Zagora, ranges in width from fifty kilometres in the north, to just a few kilometres in the south.
- also known as Dalmocija, Delmoacija, Durmacija, 達爾馬提亞
- part of Croatia
- Dalmatia was an ancient Roman province. Its name is probably derived from the name of an Illyrian tribe called the Dalmatae which lived in the area of the eastern Adriatic coast in Classical antiquity.
- Dalmatia: The Theme of Dalmatia was a Byzantine theme on the eastern coast of the Adriatic Sea in Southeastern Europe, headquartered at Zadar.
- Dalmatia a.k.a. Dalmatia, Pennsylvania: Dalmatia is a census-designated place located in Lower Mahanoy Township, Northumberland County in the state of Pennsylvania. The community is located along Pennsylvania Route 147 in southwestern Northumberland County, along the Susquehanna River. As of the 2010 census the population was 488 residents.
- read more about Dalmatia, Pennsylvania
There are other places with in their name, like Split-Dalmatia County.
"Dalmatia" is a composition.
- music by Estiva
Phrases with Dalmatia
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dalmatia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Comprising a Complete Description of the Earth, Physical, Statistical, Civil, and Political by Hugh Murray, William Wallace, Robert Jameson, Sir William Jackson Hooker, William Swainson, Thomas Gamaliel Bradford
- Dalmatia is the rudest ...
Dalmatia is the most visited region of Croatia. Although tourism collapsed in the 1990s because of the war, visitors have long since returned to the rocky coastline and sandy beaches, the deserted islands and the splendid cities of this Adriatic ...
Containing an Index to the Various Countries, Cities, Towns, Islands, Etc., Represented on the Map : and So Connected Therewith, that the Position of Any Place Exhibited on it May be Readily Ascertained : Also, a General Description of the Five Great Divisions of the Globe, America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceanica, with Their Several Empires, Kingdoms, States, Territories, Etc
DALMATIA is the rudest province ...
by Thomas (Spalatensis, Archdeacon), James Ross Sweeney
quodam genere navis piratice, que in usu erat apud illos, unde Lucanus: Pugnacesque ' Isidore of Seville says that Greece has seven provinces, and quarum prima ab occidente Dalmatia — Dalmatia is the first part of Greece from the west.
On Mercator's Projection : Containing an Index to Various Countries, Cities, Towns, Islands, &c., Represented on the Map and So Connected Therewith that the Position of Any Place Exhibited on it May be Readily Ascertained : Also a General Description of the Five Great Divisions of America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceanica by Samuel Augustus Mitchell
|| DALMATIA is the rudest province of the Austrian monarchy. It forms a line of coast, about 300 miles in extent, from the border of ...
Comprising a Complete Description of the Earth, Physical, Statistical, Civil, and Political ... by Hugh Murray
Dalmatia is the rudest province of the Austrian monarchy. It forms a line of coast, about 300 miles in extent, from the border of Illyria to the Gulf of Cattaro, having a long chain of islands running parallel. This coast is bleak and arid, covered with ...
The Catholic Encyclopedia (1913)
An International Work of Reference on the Constitution, Doctrine, Discipline, and History of the Catholic Church by Charles George Herbermann
The head of the Royal Dalmatian Government is a governor appointed by the king. Dalmatia is the most neglected country under Austrian rule. The population consists of Croats, who are in the majority, ...
An Unabridged Reprint of the 1901-2 Edition by Russell Sturgis
DALMATIA. 1 enpola of interesting masonry, and a temple of .Esenlapins, of a more eommon type ; hat eaeh of these haildings is more nearly elassieal in its arehitertnml adormnent. Narona, a very aneient eity whieh rereived a Roman eoloay, ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis, Or, Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, Etc. : Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
Hungarian Dalmatia, lying on the upper part of the Adriatic Sea, containing part of ancient Liburnia, and is more generally called MoR1. Ach 1A. . 2. Wenetian Dalmatia, or that part which was postelied by the Venetians, lying to the SE.
Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose
Situation, DALMATIA, a Province of the Austrian Empire, extent, ...
by Ga ́bor A ́goston, Bruce Alan Masters
Dalmatia (Serbo-Croat.: Dalmacija) Dalmatia is a historic coastal region of Croatia, situated in the Balkans between the Adriatic Sea, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the southern slopes of Mount Velebit. The coastal islands from Rab in the north ...
by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby
Dalmatia has no navigable rivers of importance. There are a number of lakes which dry up in the summer, and considerable tracts are covered with swamps and morasses. Dalmatia has almost a subtropical climate. The summer is exceedingly ...
Accompanied by an Atlas
DALMATIA, a country in the south of Europe, extending along the east side of the Adriatic, between 42°. 25". and 45°.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dalmatia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Dalmatia
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ghnetwork
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Dalmatia
Video shows what Dalmatia means. A region in Croatia, on the eastern coast of the Adriatic Sea.. A historic Roman province.. Dalmatia Meaning. How to ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Dalmatia!
Scrabble value of D2A1L1M3A1T1I1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DALMATIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Dalmatia!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Dalmatia to see it in context!