On this page:
- David Griffiths, was a Welsh Christian missionary and translator in Madagascar. He translated the Bible and other books into the Malagasy language. The Malagasy Bible of 1835 was among the first Bibles to be printed in an African language.
- David Griffiths: David Andrew Griffiths is an English cricketer. He is a left-handed batsman and a right-arm medium-fast bowler.
- David Griffiths is an English professional golfer.
- David Griffiths is a composer, baritone and convener of the Conservatorium of Music at the University of Waikato. Griffiths has gained national and international recognition as a composer, opera singer and recital soloist. His choral compositions are particularly popular in the United States of America and have, in recent years, been recorded by several choirs while many works have been included on various record labels including Naxos Records, Kiwi Pacific and Atoll.
- David Griffiths, is a Welsh portrait painter.
- David Griffiths a.k.a. Peter Griffiths is a film producer.
- read more about Peter Griffiths
- David Griffiths: David Nigel Griffiths MA, FSA was the Archdeacon of Berkshire from 1987 to 1992.
- born on (88 years ago)
- profession: Chaplain
- died on
- David Griffiths is a co-operative economist, who has contributed a number of books and articles on the subject of unemployment, the history of Victoria's Co-operative movement, and 'social care co-operatives' amongst other subjects. Between 1981 and 1984, Griffiths was the Co-ordinator of the Victorian State Government's Co-operative Development Program, and the Social Welfare officer for the charity the Brotherhood of St. Laurence. Griffiths is the current Secretary, and a former Chairman, of the Co-operative Federation of Victoria, and is the webmaster and a regular contributor to the CFV's australia.coop web portal. australia.coop was the first country-wide web portable under the .coop domain established in the world.
- profession: Economist
- written works: "The Italian commedia", "Range improvement in Arizona", "A new housing policy for Labour", "Hints for the million", "How to push a wheelchair", "Autocracy in the airwaves", "The masquerades of Nigeria", "His new children", "Unemployment, muddled or managed", "Acting through mask", "Mask"
- David Griffiths is a former rugby player who turned coach in 1998, having been forced to retire early after being injured whilst playing Rugby Union Sevens in Hong Kong 1997. He contributed initially to developing youth rugby union and rugby league, before returning to professional rugby in 2001. Since then he has made successful coaching contributions at Hull Kingston Rovers, The Bradford Bulls and The Doncaster Rugby League Club to name but a few.
- David Griffiths was a British Labour Party politician.
- born on (119 years ago)
- died on (39 years ago)
- David Griffiths is a screenwriter and film producer.
- David Griffiths is a television producer.
- profession: Television producer
- film produced: The Seagull
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Classical Music Program - "Great Performances" (Bernstein at Tanglewood), with Harry J. Kraut, Klaus Hallig, Leonard Bernstein
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Classical Music Program - "Great Performances" (Rubinstein), with Helmut Bauer, Arthur Rubinstein, Fritz Buttenstedt
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Classical Music Program - "Great Performances" (Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic), with Harry J. Kraut, Leonard Bernstein, Klaus Hallig
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Classical Music Program - "Great Performances" (Arthur Rubinstein - Chopin), with Fritz Buttenstedt & Arthur Rubinstein
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Classical Music Program - "Live from Lincoln Center", with André Previn, Van Cliburn, Ken Campbell & John Goberman
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Classical Music Program - "Great Performances" (Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic), with Leonard Bernstein, Klaus Hallig, Harry J. Kraut
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Classical Program - Performing Arts - "Great Performances" (Placido Domingo Celebrates Seville), with Thomas Buerger, Plácido Domingo, Horant H. Hohlfeld
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Classical Program - Performing Arts - "Great Performances" (Placido Domingo Celebrates Seville), with Plácido Domingo, Horant H. Hohlfeld, Thomas Buerger
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Classical Program - Performing Arts - "Liberty Weekend" (International Concert), with David L. Wolper
- David Griffiths is an author, film story contributor.
- born in (71 years ago)
- written works: "Pure Mathematics. Volume One", "Winning Ways at Bridge", "Flavio's Disgrace", "Pop-Up Paris", "Inequality in the World", "Fits and Misfits", "The Losing Trick Count", "Living in a Democracy", "Changing Society", "SNMP 2", "Anglo-Saxon Studies in Archaeology and History", "Snmp", "Backstagers", "A Musical Place of the First Quality", "Psychology and Medicine", "Touch and the Masquerades of Nigeria", "Introduction to Elementary Particles", "Little Black Bridge Book"
- David Griffiths a.k.a. Dave Griffiths is an actor.
- read more about Dave Griffiths (actor)
- David Griffiths is a film producer and actor.
- profession: Film producer, actor
- David Griffiths is a cinematographer.
- profession: Cinematographer
- David Griffiths is the son of Kenneth Griffith.
- David Griffiths is a cinematographer.
- profession: Cinematographer
David Griffiths is a fictional character from the 1978 film Money Movers.
David Griffiths was a British sports shooter. He competed in two events at the 1912 Summer Olympics.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for David Griffiths
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mark Hiscock, Guy Hindle, Mike Johnson, Tim Wuthenow, James Taylor, David Griffiths, Graeme Everton, IBM Redbooks
David Griffiths is a senior member of the Operational Decision Manager on z/OS development team based in the Hursley development laboratory. After obtaining a degree in Physics at Manchester University, David started programming in ...
by Benjamin Franklin V
David Griffiths, Hot Jazz: From ...
by Urs Eggli, Leonard E. Newton
David Griffiths (1867– 1935), British-born US-American horticulturist and mycologist, and student of prickly pears at the US Department of Agriculture. ( Sedum) grijalvensis For the occurrence in the valley of the Río Grijalva, Chiapas, ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
David Griffiths, John Rutter, Ken Camroux, Alfred Humphreys, Michael Tough, Peter Heppleston, Matt Hawthorne, Jan Muszynski, Charles Northcote, Yumi Takigawa, Ken Ogata, Keiko Ito, Ichiro Kijima, Takashi Noguchi, Nenji Kobayashi, ...
Dictionary of Pseudonyms (2010)
13,000 Assumed Names and Their Origins, 5th ed. by Adrian Room
Clwydfardd: David Griffiths (1800–1894), Welsh poet. The first Archdruid took ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for David Griffiths
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about David Griffiths
Hummel Missa Solemnis Te Deum David Griffiths Naxos
See more here:
Photo credit: iClassicalComCouldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine