On this page:
- David Helfand: David J. Helfand is a U.S. astronomer who is the president of Quest University. Prior to his presidency at Quest, he was a Visiting Tutor at Quest. He has also served as chair of the Department of Astronomy at Columbia University and co-director of the Columbia Astrophysics Laboratory. He was also part of the university's Physics Department. His stated research interests include radio surveys, the origin and evolution of neutron stars and supernova remnants, and active galactic nuclei. Helfand has been instrumental in the creation of general education classes oriented around the sciences, developing a course, Frontiers of Science, that has subsequently become part of the Core Curriculum of Columbia College, the university's undergraduate liberal arts and sciences division. He holds a Bachelor of Arts from Amherst College and a Ph.D. from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- David Helfand is a musical artist.
- David Helfand is a television editor.
- profession: Television editor
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing - Series - "That '70s Show" (Sparks)
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing - Comedy Series - "Weeds"
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing - Comedy Series - "Weeds" (Mrs. Botwin's Neighborhood)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for David Helfand
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of David Helfand for some fun with words!