On this page:
- Definition of the noun Deejay
- Definition of the verb Deejay
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Deejay
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Deejay
- Photos about Deejay
- Video language resources about Deejay
- Quotes about Deejay
- Scrabble value of D2E1E1J8A1Y4
- Anagrams of DEEJAY
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Deejay
What does Deejay mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: deejays
- disc jockey.
Definition of the verb Deejay
What does Deejay mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: deejayed | deejaying | deejays
- To perform as a disc jockey.
- Deejay is a fictional character from the TV series Austin & Ally.
- DeeJay is a fictional character from the 2011 film Comforting skin.
- Deejay is a fictional character from the 1979 film Gas Pump Girls.
- Deejay is a fictional character from the 2005 film Boy Eats Girl.
- Deejay is a fictional character from Coach Carter.
- Deejay is a fictional character from the 2006 film Poseidon.
- DeeJay is a fictional character from the TV Program I Didn't Do It.
Deejay is a term in Jamaican music for a reggae or dancehall musician who sings and "toasts" to an instrumental riddim.
- deejay a.k.a. Disc jockey: A disc jockey is a person who mixes recorded music for an audience; in a club event or rave, this is an audience of dancers. Originally, "disc" referred to phonograph records, not the later compact discs. Today, the term includes all forms of music playback, no matter which medium is used.
- read more about Disc jockey
- Deejay: Un deejay es un músico de reggae o dancehall que canta y practica toasting sobre un riddim o instrumental.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Deejay
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Power, Knowledge, and Pleasure in Lil’ Kim’s Lyricism by G. Thomas
The deejay is an icon for musical intelligence. Deejays channel anger, frustration, happiness, and joy of the Eternal,” 328); naturalist intelligence (“One would have to assume that groups of people who disregard the environment; polluting the ...
Encyclopedia of Television (2014)
by Horace Newcomb
"Video deejay" programming provided another economical means of filling airtime. Al Jarvis had created the radio deejay program at Los Angeles 's KWAB- AM in the early 1930s, and in the winter of 1950 Jarvis began daily broadcasts of ...
by Mwalimu J. Shujaa, Kenya J. Shujaa
As with the Jamaican dancehalls, various hiphop deejay crews, including those of the two other hiphop pioneers, DJ Afrika Bambaataa, the “godfather” of hiphop, and DJ Grandmaster Flash, began having “battles”—organized dances where ...
by the late Leonard Feather, Ira Gitler
deejay, WMBR, Cambridge, Mass. '76–84. Comps. and arrs. have been rec. by Mike Metheny; Orange Then Blue; Ed Schuller; LaPortaWilderWoodman Sxt. Favs: Elvin Jones, Tony Williams, DeJohnette. Fests: Berlin JF w.
by Jana Ranson
affray, allay, array, assay, astray, away, aweigh, ballet, belay, beret, betray, Biscay, blue jay, Bombay, bouquet, Broadway, cadre, café, causeway, chambray, convey, crochet, decay, deejay, defray, delay, dismay, display, doomsday, ...
by Random House
Cathay, causeway, chalet, chambray, chassé, child's play, cliché, cogway, convey, copay, corvée, couché, coupé, Courbet, crochet, croquet, curé, DA, daresay, D-day, death ray, decay, deejay, defray, delay, dengue, dismay, display, distrait, ...
by John William Griffith, Arthur Henfrey
Segments deejay lobed; end lobe distinct, cuneate, partly included in a notch between the lateral lobes. E. verrucosum (PI. 14. fig. 14). Rough ; segments three -lobed, lobes Droadly cuneate, with a shallow notch ; length 1-207". E. oblongum ...
The Film Encyclopedia 7e (2013)
The Complete Guide to Film and the Film Industry by Ephraim Katz, Ronald Dean Nolen
playing gonzo radio deejay Barry Champlain. FILMS INCLUDE: As actor—Born in Flames ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Deejay
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Deejay
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about DeeJay Jones.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Deejay
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Deejay!
Quotes about Deejay
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'deejay"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of D2E1E1J8A1Y4
The value of this 6-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine