On this page:
Definition of the noun Delhi Belly
What does Delhi Belly mean as a name of something?
- [idiomatic] Digestive illness or diarrhoea, especially if suffered by a visitor to India.
"Delhi Belly" is a 2011 Indian black comedy film written by Akshat Verma and directed by Abhinay Deo. It stars Imran Khan, Kunaal Roy Kapur, Vir Das, Poorna Jagannathan and Shenaz Treasurywala. While the original version was in Hinglish, a Hindi dubbed version was also released. The film is produced by Aamir Khan Productions and IBC Motion Pictures. The theatrical trailer of the film premiéred with Aamir Khan's Dhobi Ghat on 21 January 2011 while the film was released on 1 July 2011. The film was given an 'A' certificate for its profanity and sexual content. The film was remade in Tamil as Settai.
- country: India
- languages: Hindi Language, English Language, Urdu Language, Hinglish
- directors: Abhinay Deo & Akshat Verma
- producers: Aamir Khan, Kiran Rao, Jim Furgele & Ronnie Screwvala
- executive producer: Aamir Khan
- production design by Shashank Tere
- written by Akshat Verma
- Vir Das as Arup
- Kunaal Roy Kapur as Nitin
- Imran Khan as Tashi Malhotra
- Vijay Raaz as Cowboy
- Shenaz Treasury as Sonia
- Aamir Khan as Disco Fighter
- Lushin Dubey as Sonia's Mother
- Poorna Jagannathan as Menaka
- Kim Bodnia as Vladimir Dragunsky
- Paresh Ganatra as Manish Chand Jain
- Anusha Dandekar as VJ Sophaya
- Rahul Singh as Rajiv
- Raju Kher
- Rajendra Sethi as Jeweller
- Shilpa Mehta as Tashi's Mother
- Neville Dadachanji as Keval Maharaj
- Nikita Bhatt as Leena
- Divya Bhatia as Tashi's father
- Bugs Bhargava as Arup's boss
- Dhaval Barbhaya as R. Balachandar
- Ashraf-Ul-Haque as Titoo
- Imran Khan as Tashi Dorjee Lhaloo
- casting by Aadore Mukherjee Mehra
- cinematography by Jason West
- edited by Huzefa Lokhandwala
- music by Ram Sampath
- costume design by Niharika Khan
- genres: Crime Fiction, World cinema, Action Film, Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama
- released on
- Filmfare Award for Best Film (Aamir Khan Productions and UTV Motion Pictures) nomination for Aamir Khan, Kiran Rao, Ronnie Screwvala
- Filmfare Award for Best Music Director nomination for Ram Sampath
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Vir Das
- Filmfare Award for Best Director nomination for Abhinay Deo
- Filmfare Award for Best Story nomination for Akshat Verma
- Filmfare Award for Best Screenplay nomination for Akshat Verma
- Stardust Award for Breakthrough Performance – Female nomination for Poorna Jagannathan
- Star Guild Award for Best Debut Director nomination for Abhinay Deo
- Filmfare Award for Best Editing nomination for Huzefa Lokhandwala
- Filmfare Award for Best Art Direction nomination for Shashank Tere
- Filmfare Award for Best Debut Director nomination for Abhinay Deo
- Filmfare Award for Best Screenplay, received by Akshat Verma
- Filmfare Award for Best Art Direction, received by Shashank Tere
- Filmfare Award for Best Editing, received by Huzefa Lokhandwala
- Filmfare Award for Best Debut Director, received by Abhinay Deo
- Stardust Award for Breakthrough Performance – Female (Jury's choice), received by Poorna Jagannathan
- Star Guild Award for Best Debut Director, received by Abhinay Deo
- official website: www.utvgroup.com/motion-pictures/2011/delhi-belly.html
"Delhi Belly" is the soundtrack album of the 2011 film.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Delhi Belly
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
30, 1993 Delhi belly noun diarrhoea suffered by tourists US, 1944 Anyone suffering from art-gallery gout, Delhi belly, jaded eyeballs or other ills of the traveler on the high road, is hereby advised to relax while suffering. ¦ Washington Post ...
by John Ayto, John Simpson
dee deep deep six deevy def dekko Delhi belly dice dicey dick dicken dick-head dickweed dicky. G. V. HIGGINS Janet riled you enough so that you decided to deck Janet. Janet called the cops (1985). dee noun A detective. 1882–.
Shorter Slang Dictionary (2003)
by Paul Beale, Eric Partridge
Delhi belly stomach trouble, esp. diarrhoea, sufferedby visitors to India. Sincethelate 19th century. See also gippy tummy. deli a delicatessen.Of US origin ...
of Australian words and phrases by John Miller
Delhi belly A case of severe diarrhoea suffering by people who travel to India. deli Shortened form of delicatessen. delish Another way of saying delicious. delo Shortened form of delegate. demo Abbreviation of demonstration. If you want to ...
by Philip D. Morehead
Slang, fart, backdoor trots, Delhi belly, Montezuma's revenge. e. angina, chest pain, arrhythmia, bradycardia, tachycardia, cardiac arrest, fibrillation, heart murmur, palpitation. f. headache, cephalalgia, migraine; insomnia, sleeplessness ; ...
by Allan Beaver
Defense Travel System Delhi belly departure tax departure time direct access system direct. 127 thing the beginner must do when handling a deck plan, is to find the key list for the symbols used, in order to be able to decode the deck plans .
by Eric Partridge
Delhi Belly. lndian variety of the illness known as Gippy Tummy, q.v. ' Delhi Rebels, the. An insulting nickname of the Royal Munster Fusiliers (disbanded 1922): they ...
Dictionary of Euphemisms (2008)
by R. W. Holder
Cairo crud, Delhi belly, the Rangoon runs, and Spanish tummy are among the hazards that await other travellers. We also have a wide choice of allusive terms for the night soil when we have been or done big jobs, of which manure is possibly ...
by S. Medlik
Delhi belly Commonly used term for a diarrhoea (diarrhea) suffered when travelling abroad as a result of eating unwashed fruit or drinking contaminated water. Also called Montezuma's revenge. See also traveller's diarrhoea (traveler's ...
by Thomas Bartram
DELHI BELLY. Treatment same as for irritable bowel or diarrhoea. DELIRIUM TREMENS. D.T.s Occurswhen heavy drinkers are deprived of alcohol,or from mental shock. Hallucinations, during whichhe talks tohimself. Imaginesheis chasedby ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Delhi Belly
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Delhi Belly
Auf in den Kampf gegen den Delhi Belly.
Photo credit: dietollevonlioe
Video language resources about Delhi Belly
Click on an item to play that video:
- Delhi belly Meaning
Video shows what Delhi belly means. Digestive illness or diarrhoea, especially if suffered by a visitor to India.. Delhi belly Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Aamir Khan says Delhi Belly has colorful language
For the latest on Bollywood like zoOm on...
- Aamir: ''Delhi Belly' is not for kids, the language is SCANDALOUS!'
Aamir Khan unveils the first look of 'Delhi Belly' in Mumbai Log on to...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Delhi Belly to see it in context!