The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective disturbed:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective disturbed
- Definition of the verb disturbed
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Disturbed
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Disturbed
- Photos about Disturbed
- Video language resources about Disturbed
- Quotes about Disturbed
- Scrabble value of D2I1S1T1U1R1B3E1D2
- Anagrams of DISTURBED
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective disturbed
What does disturbed mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more disturbed / most disturbed
- having the place or position changed
- examples: the disturbed books and papers on her desk | disturbed grass showed where the horse had passed
- similar: disarranged
- afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief
- emotionally unstable and having difficulty coping with personal relationships
- affected with madness or insanity
Alternative definition of the adjective disturbed
- Showing symptoms of mental illness, severe psychosis, or neurosis.
- Extremely surprised; shocked.
Definition of the verb disturbed
What does disturbed mean as a doing word?
- past of disturb
Disturbed is an American rock band from Chicago, Illinois. The band's members are vocalist David Draiman, guitarist Dan Donegan, bassist John Moyer, and drummer Mike Wengren. Former band members are bassist Steve "Fuzz" Kmak and vocalist Erich Awalt.
- also known as Brawl
- genres: Alternative metal, Hard rock, Heavy metal, Nu metal, Rock music, Metalcore, Rap metal
- albums: "The Sickness", "Voices", "Believe", "Ten Thousand Fists", "Prayer", "Remember", "Indestructible", "Live & Indestructible", "M.O.L.", "Indestructible in Germany", "Asylum", "Another Way to Die", "Disturbed", "The Lost Children", "Music as a Weapon II", "Stricken", "Stupify", "Down with the Sickness", "The Game", "Liberate", "Guarded", "Just Stop", "Land of Confusion", "Inside the Fire", "Perfect Insanity", "The Night", "The Animal", "Warrior", "Hell", "Disturbing the Peace"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Billboard Music Award for Top Rock Artist
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance - "Inside the Fire"
- official website: www.disturbed1.com
- "Disturbed" is the second album by Coo Coo Cal, released on September 18, 2001 through Tommy Boy Records. Most of the album was produced by Bigg Hank, though Bink, DJ Cipha Sounds, Rated X and Kay Gee of Naughty by Nature also contributed production to the album.
- genre: Hip hop music
- released on (13 years ago)
- "Disturbed" is a musical album of Anorexia Nervosa.
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Disturbed" is a musical album of Disturbed.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Disturbed" is a 1990 American horror film directed by Charles Winkler starring Malcolm McDowell as a psychiatrist who rapes a young woman in his care, then must deal with her vengeance-seeking daughter 10 years later.
- "Disturbed": The quiet town of Quartz Hill is about to experience the worst night of the town's history. A notorious killer has escaped from death row with one thought on his mind: revenge. Unaware of the danger, the Fontaine family continues with its normal routine. One by one, the killer stalks each family member that put him in jail. As he kills each victim, we gain insight into a man who is truly disturbed.
- country: United States of America
- director: Randy E. Aldridge
- Lisa Coldwell as Nikki Thompson
- Melissa Deverian as Ashlee Fontaine
- Peyton Aldridge as Peyten Fontaine
- Gary Slayton as Officer Slayton
- Alex Aldridge as Alex Fontaine
- Randy E. Aldridge as Mason
- Ronnie Wilbir as Barbie Fall
- Christopher Cuthbert as Greg Archoe
- Robert Yegkhiaian as Dr. Keller
- Cindy Aldridge as Mason's Mommy
- Brian McLaughlin as Mason
- Joy Jones as Suzie Love
- Justin Reno as Zack
- Jodi Bookout as Billie
- Chuck Asberry as Medical Examiner
- John Crenshaw as Detective
- Marsha Cox as Tortured Woman
- Marsha Cox as Concerned Onlooker #1
- Todd Cetti as Tony Lombardi
- Debbie Lamb as Brenda Lombardi
- Kyle Cetti as Lombardi Child #1
- Travis Cetti as Lombardi Child #2
- Cooper Cetti as Lombardi Child #3
- Steven Lamb as Lombardi Child #4
- Vanessa Seguin as Jump Rope Girl
- Joy Rodriguez as Barbie's Mom
- Jeff Robinson as Paramedic 1
- Jose Vasquez as Paramedic 2
- Andrew Rovachi as Paramedic 3
- Louise McLaughlin as Concerned Onlooker #2
- Cassandra Jones as Concerned Onlooker #3
- Brandon Owen as Concerned Onlooker #4
- Cindy Asberry as Concerned Onlooker #5
- genres: Horror, Slasher
- released in (8 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Disturbed
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Doris Pronin Fromberg, Leslie R Williams
Lazarus Emotionally Disturbed Children who are classified as emotionally disturbed have difficulties in peer and adult relationships, exhibit inappropriate behaviors, and evidence pervasive moods of unhappiness or depression.
The whole district was said disturbed area under the Assam Disturbed Areas Act, 1955, to enable the government to make adequate provision for the suppression of the disturbances, maintenance of the public order and communication ...
by John Henry Clarke
This peculiar symptom was noted: “A tendency to sleep, disturbed every three to four ...
Volume 43 - Process Control: Feedback Simulation to Process Optimization by John J. McKetta Jr
The feed stream temperature is generally constant on supply, but short- term deviations are expected (disturbed for controllability reasons).
Encyclopedia of the Elements (2008)
Technical Data - History - Processing - Applications by Per Enghag
The Disturbed Sulfur ...
Hydrologic Data and Internet Resources by Pedro Fierro, Jr., Evan K. Nyer
b For slightly disturbed ecosystems where the management goal is no change in biodiversity, users may prefer to apply a higher protection level. c ...
by William Phillips, Brian Cogan
DISTURBED 75 DISSECTION (1989–2006). Jon Nodtveidt (vocals/guitar), John Zwetsloot (guitar, replaced by Johan Norman, finally Set Tietan), Peter Palmdahl (bass, replaced by Bruce Leclercq), Ole Ohman (drums, replaced by Tomas ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Disturbed
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Disturbed
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Disturbed
Click on an item to play that video:
- Disturbed - Meaning Of Life (Instrumental version)
An instrumental version of the Disturbed song "Meaning Of Life" from the album "The Sickness".
- Disturbed - The Meaning Behind Asylum (Making The Record) [Webisodes]
Chicago, Illinois metal band Disturbed has successful mixed aggressive riffs and vocals with a melodic approach to form a winning formula that has earned the ...
- Disturbed - Meaning of Life - Guitar Cover
- Disturbed - Meaning Of Life (Waven Remix)
- Disturbed - Meaning of Life/Get Psycho cover (Jeroen Petri)
Another awesome song from Disturbed Gear used: ESP SV Roland Cube 20x.
- Disturbed "Meaning of Life" -- Expert Pro-Drums (RB3)
- Meaning of Life by Disturbed Full Band FC #1221
The last of the Disturbed DLC. Once again, big ups to Tony, Tim, and Petter on the PS3 side. They all play like Bawsses. Beleee dat! - Pete Guitar - Petter ...
- Disturbed Meaning of Life Drumless Track
Drumming mastery is easy if you know these 2 things: - Able to control your limbs independently within tempo subdivision and - Stick controls Ask any drummer, ...
- Disturbed - Meaning of Life - Phase Shift Drums
All rights reserved to the respective owners.
- Rock Band 3 Disturbed - Meaning Of Life 100% FC (Expert Drums)
- Disturbed - Meaning Of Life (Album - The Sickness Track 12)
- Disturbed Meaning
Video shows what disturbed means. Showing symptoms of mental illness, severe psychosis, or neurosis.. Extremely surprised; shocked.. Disturbed Meaning.
- Disturbed - Meaning Of Life (Funny cover)
- Disturbed - "Meaning Of Life" - 04/08/2009
Disturbed playing "Meaning Of Life" off of their album The Sickness. Recorded at Gwinnett Arena on April 8, 2009 on their Music As A Weapon tour. The pictures ...
- Disturbed - Meaning of Life - Rock Band: Harmonies Project
This video demonstrates the Rock Band: Harmonies Project upgrade for Disturbed's "Meaning of Life". This upgrade is subject to change, and the currently ...
- (Audio Surf) Disturbed - Meaning Of Life
Disturbed - Down With The Sickness...
- Rock Band 2 - Disturbed - Meaning Of Life DLC 98%
- Disturbed - Interview Dan And John Talk About The meaning Of Asylum And Three
- RockBand - Disturbed - Meaning Of Life - Guitar - Expert
NEWEST ROCKBAND DLC AS OF 3-2-10*** For those that want to see the guitar charts of this song before purchase. Watch now before the youtube police take ...
- Disturbed - Meaning of life (la volan)
See also the pronunciation examples of Disturbed!
Quotes about Disturbed
Be not disturbed at being misunderstood; be disturbed at not understanding.
more quotes about disturbed...
Scrabble value of D2I1S1T1U1R1B3E1D2
The value of this 9-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine