On this page:
"Doña Perfecta" is a 19th-century realist novel by Benito Pérez Galdós from what is called the first of Galdós's three epochs in his novels of social analysis.
- also known as "Don̓a Perfecta: Novela española contemporánea"; "Doña Perfecta: drama en cuarto actos, arreglo teatral de la novela del mismo titulo"; "Doña Perfecta: novela española contemporánea"; "Doña Perfecta: drama en cuatro actos"; "Dona Perfecta [EasyRead Comfort Edition]"; "Dona Perfecta (Large Print)"; "Dona Perfecta [EasyRead Edition]"; "Dona Perfecta [EasyRead Large Edition]"; "Dona Perfecta (Dodo Press)"; Don̓a Perfecta; Dona Perfecta
"Doña Perfecta" is a 1951 Mexican film version of the famous novel by Benito Pérez Galdós, directed by Alejandro Galindo and starring Dolores del Río.
- country: Mexico
- language: Spanish Language
- written by Íñigo de Martino
- based on a story by Benito Pérez Galdós
- starring: Dolores del Río
- genres: Romance Film, War film, Drama
- released on (64 years ago)
- Ariel Award for Best Art Direction nomination for Gunther Gerzso
- Ariel Award for Best Picture (Directed by Alejandro Galindo) nomination for Cabrera Films
- Ariel Award for Best Actor in a Minor Role nomination for Manuel Arvide
- Ariel Award for Best Actress nomination for Dolores del Río
- Ariel Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Carlos Navarro
- Ariel Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Julio Villarreal
- Ariel Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination for Natalia Ortiz
- Ariel Award for Best Director nomination for Alejandro Galindo
- Ariel Award for Best Sound nomination for Manuel Topete
- Ariel Award for Best Editing nomination for Fernando Martinez
- Ariel Award for Best Adapted Screenplay nomination for Alejandro Galindo
- Ariel Award for Best Production Design nomination for Gunther Gerzso
- Ariel Award for Best Actress, received by Dolores del Río
- Ariel Award for Best Supporting Actor, received by Carlos Navarro
- Ariel Award for Best Adapted Screenplay, received by Alejandro Galindo
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Doña Perfecta
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Film Essays by Andrés Zamora
Certainly Doña Perfecta is a representation of the most reactionary political and religious ideologies in and about Spain. Similarly, Bernarda Alba and the mothers in Bodas de sangre and La familia de Pascual Duarte stand for a rural atavism that frequently has been either praised or derided as the authentic essence of the nation. Nevertheless, it is the considerable parallel flow of images of Spain as mother that propelled a national interpretation of those infamous maternal figures by ...
An Encyclopedia of Movies, Stars, Concepts, and Trends by Scott L. Baugh
Doña Perfecta (1951), Señora Ama (1955),
Doña Perfecta (1951), nominated for seven Silver Ariels including Best Director for Galindo and a Golden Ariel—and winner of three Silver Ariels for screenplay, DEL TORO, BENICIO (1967–) supporting actor for Carlos Navarro, and.
by Eladio Cortés
Doña Perfecta Longines ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Doña Perfecta
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: