Dome appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Mike Modano's on a dome, Kim.
- Tim, one memo decides I nab rusks urbanised ice-dome men omit.
- Seville dome-villas revere no canine men in acts I list: canine men in a cone reversal live model lives.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun dome:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun dome
- Phrases with Dome
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dome
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dome
- Photos about Dome
- Videos about Dome
- Quotes about Dome
- Scrabble value of D2O1M3E1
- Anagrams of DOME
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun dome
What does dome mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: domes
- a concave shape whose distinguishing characteristic is that the concavity faces downward
- informal terms for a human head
- a stadium that has a roof
- a hemispherical roof
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic word: roof = a protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building
- more specific terms:
- astrodome = a transparent dome on top of an airplane where the navigator can make celestial observations
- cupola = a roof in the form of a dome
- geodesic dome = a lightweight dome constructed of interlocking polygons
- onion dome = a dome that is shaped like a bulb
- pressure dome = a dome-shaped building that is pressurized
- whispering gallery / whispering dome = a space beneath a dome or arch in which sounds produced at certain points are clearly audible at certain distant points
Alternative definition of the noun dome
- A common structural element of architecture that resembles the hollow upper half of a sphere.
- Anything shaped like an upset bowl, often used as a cover, e.g. a cake 'dome'.
- Slang for head
Dome Co. Ltd, literally "child's dream", is a Japanese-based racing car constructor, involved mainly in open wheel and sports car racing.
- also known as Dome Co. Ltd.
- official website: www.dome.co.jp
- Dome a.k.a. Pakorn Lum: "Dome" Pakorn Lum is a Thai singer and actor. He made his acting debut in 2011 with the Thai television soap opera, Rak Mai Mee Wan Tai and also starred as a lead in the musical Tawiphob.
- read more about Pakorn Lum
- Dome is a German graffiti artist.
Dome was an English post-punk band, formed in 1980 and consisting of Bruce Gilbert and Graham Lewis of Wire.
- genres: Electronic music, Industrial music, Post-punk, Experimental rock
- albums: "1 + 2", "3 + 4", "Yclept", "Dome 3", "Dome 1-4+5", "Dome 2", "Dome", "Dome 4 - Will You Speak This Word"
Dome is a fictional character from the 2012 Thai film Seven Something.
"Dome" is a 2012 animated short film written and directed by Liam O Brien.
- producer: Liam O Brien
- based on a story by Liam O Brien
- genre: Animation
- released in
- official website: www.dome-film.com
"DOME" is a video game.
- developer: System Sacom
- genre: Adventure game
- publisher: System Sacom
"DOME" is an award-winning portfolio by Mark Power, depicting: The focus of British celebration of the new millennium is a dome in the southeast London suburb of Greenwich, on the prime meridian. Exactly 365m in diameter, to echo the days of the year, and supported by 12 towers, to reflect the hours on a clock face, it was built on wasteland that first had to be detoxified. The dome itself is a vast artificial sky of stretched fabric.
- taken in (17 years ago)
- media: photograph
- "Dome" is a musical album of Johannes Enders & Johannes Enders Quartet.
- released on (12 years ago)
- "Dome" is a musical single of W & W.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Dome" a.k.a. "+Dome" is a musical album of Seekae.
- released on
- "Dome" is a musical album of Dome.
- released in (35 years ago)
- "Dome" is a musical album of Groovin Ground.
- "Dome" is a musical album by Pakorn Lum.
- Dome a.k.a. Domè is an arrondissement in the Zou department of Benin. It is an administrative division under the jurisdiction of the commune of Zogbodomey. According to the population census conducted by the Institut National de la Statistique Benin on February 15, 2002, the arrondissement had a total population of 6,768.
- country: Benin
- Dome a.k.a. Dome, Arizona: Dome is a ghost town located in Yuma County, in southwestern Arizona, United States. Originally Swiveler's Station, 20 miles east of Fort Yuma, on the Butterfield Overland Mail route, a post office was established here in 1858. It was first under the name of Gila City the nearby boomtown 1 1/2 mile west of Dome but the post office closed July 14, 1863, after most of the town was swept away in the Great Flood of 1862, and then abandoned for the La Paz gold rush along the Colorado River. After the railroad passed by the site and an attempt to do large scale mining of the placers began, a new post office was established as "Dome" in 1892 but soon closed when the attempt failed. Subsequently it opened and closed several times before finally closing in 1940.
- read more about Dome, Arizona
- Dome a.k.a. Qaqqaq Kershaw is a mountain in Greenland.
- read more about Qaqqaq Kershaw
There are other places with in their name, like Blue Dome, Gold Dome, Semi-dome, Black Dome, Dome Creek, Ether Dome, Green Dome, Golden Dome, Tacoma Dome, Dome Village, Georgia Dome, Brighton Dome, Reichstag dome, Millennium Dome, Dome of the Rock, Hat Yai Ice Dome, Sixty Dome Mosque, Seagaia Ocean Dome.
- Dome: A dome is an element of architecture that resembles the hollow upper half of a sphere. Dome structures made of various materials have a long architectural lineage extending into prehistory.
- also known as 圓頂
- Dome a.k.a. Dôme Coffee is a franchise chain of European-style café restaurants based in Perth, Australia.
- Dome is a make of automobile produced by Dome Co. Ltd.
- Dome: In mathematics, a dome is a closed geometrical surface which can be obtained by sectioning off a portion of a sphere with an intersecting plane. It consists of two parts: a flat disk, which is joined to a convex surface whose curvature is uniform and which has a circular boundary: this boundary joins with the rim of the disk. The disk can be referred to as the dome's "base".
Phrases with Dome
Phrases starting with the word Dome:
Phrases ending with the word Dome:
- Wax Dome
- Flat Dome
- Lava dome
- Salt dome
- Blade Dome
- Green Dome
- onion dome
- radar dome
- Copper Dome
- Glossy Dome
- Golden Dome
- Hollow Dome
- teapot dome
- Yellow Dome
- Crossed Dome
- Globose Dome
- Pyramid Dome
View more phrases with the word Dome in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dome
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Hyperbolic Manifolds (2016)
An Introduction in 2 and 3 Dimensions by Albert Marden
If is the exterior of the unit circle, its convex hull is the half-plane underneath the hyperbolic plane rising from the circle; the dome is the plane. How about two round disks with angle of intersection α measured exterior to one disk and interior to ...
by Jade Hemsworth
A geodesic dome is a curved form made up of repeating geometric shapes. The overall structure is usually part of a sphere while the geometric shape is most often a triangle. You are basically trying to make a round structure using only ...
the first 100 days by Bruce LaVerne Foxworthy, Mary Hill, Geological Survey (U.S.)
The dome is a symmetrical mass, circular in area, about 700 feet in diameter and rising 130 feet above the level of the crater floor. It is tan to light...
Urban Development, Urban Space, Architecture and Population by Anette Gangler, Heinz Gaube, Attilio Petruccioli
As the two domes have different functions, they also have different shapes: the external dome is a tali sphere or cone terminating in a bulbous form, while the internal dome is a low ellipsoid, whose intrados are often covered by a third, purely ...
Structural Analysis of Historic Construction: Preserving Safety and Significance, Two Volume Set (2008)
Proceedings of the VI International Conference on Structural Analysis of Historic Construction, SAHC08, 2-4 July 2008, Bath, United Kingdom by Dina D'Ayala, Enrico Fodde
The dome is an unusual construction of the Middle Ages, (Wittkower 1962): Arnolfo certainly referred to the nearby...
Brunelleschi's Dome (2013)
How a Renaissance Genius Reinvented Architecture by Ross King
Brunelleschi's Dome is the story of how a Renaissance genius bent men, materials, and the very forces of nature to build an architectural wonder we continue to marvel at today.
The dome is a surface dipping ...
with its vast dome is the chief object of notice from every ...
Walking Tour Paris (2011)
Sketches of the city’s architectural treasures... Journey Through Paris' Urban Landscapes by G. Byrne Bracken
Aligned With this dome is the Pont des Arts, linking.
by Thomas Martyn
It is quite circular, wholly incrusted with black marble, heavy and dismal, resembling a melancholy mausoleum ; the dome is a very singular structure. A symphony is commonly played here every morning between eleven and twelve o' clock, ...
A Beginner's Guide by Homa Katouzian
The dome is double layered, and the acoustic properties and reflections at the central point under the dome is a point of interest for many visitors. There are two seminaries at the southwest and southeast sections of the mosque. It is one of the ...
by James T. Frane
single dome double dome Skylights are glass- or plastic-covered roof openings designed to provide an inexpensive and attractive means of adding natural light to both homes and offices. It takes only about 1 square foot of skylight to provide ...
by Andrew Petersen
dome Circular vaulted construction used as a means of roofing. First used in much of the Middle East and North Africa whence it spread to other parts of the Islamic world, because of its ...
Antarctica and the Arctic Circle: A Geographic Encyclopedia of the Earth's Polar Regions [2 volumes] (2014)
by Andrew Jon Hund
Dome Argus is considered to be the worldÊs coldest places with yearly temperatures estimated to reach −130°F (−90°C). Annual precipitation is between less than half an inch and slightly more than an inch (1ă3 cm) making Dome A one of ...
by Philip Mattar
The Dome of the Rock is considered one of the first great Islamic ...
Containing Full Definitions of the Prinicipal Terms of the Common and Civil Law, Together with Translations and Explanations of the Various Technical Phrases in Different Languages, Occurring in the Ancient and Modern Reports, and Standard Treatises; Embracing, Also, All the Principal Common and Civil Law Maxims. Compiled on the Basis of Spelman's Glossary, and Adapted to the Jurisprudence of the United States; with Copious Illustrations, Critical and Historical by Alexander Mansfield Burrill
See Dome. DOM. PROC. An abbreviation of Domus Procerum, or Domo Procerum; the House of Lords in England. Sometimes expressed by the letters D. P. Sugdenla Law of Prop. passim. DOMAIN. [L. Lat. domanium, demam'um.] Ownership ...
An Encyclopedia of the Pacific Rim's Earthquakes, Tsunamis, and Volcanoes by Bethany D. Rinard Hinga Ph.D.
A lava dome is a rounded, steep-sided mound of lava formed over a volcanic vent. It is formed of thick, viscous lava such as rhyolite or dacite, which is unable to flow long distances from where it is erupted. Lava domes typically are formed on ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dome
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Dome
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: nahid-v
Photo credit: BrownGuacamole
Photo credit: ognjen.odobasic
Vatican Museum, Rome
Photo credit: isaacalfon
Photo credit: Ania Mendrek
The Martorana's dome
Photo credit: spaceodissey
Photo credit: woofiegrrl
Photo credit: Saffron Waller Photography
Photo credit: woofiegrrl
Photo credit: hernanpba
Photo credit: Adrian Fallace Photography
The Queen Victoria Building (or QVB), is a late nineteenth-century building designed by the architect George McRae in the central business district of Sydney, Australia. The Romanesque Revival building was constructed between 1893 and 1898 and is 30 m wide by 190 m long. The building fills a city block bounded by George, Market, York and Druitt Streets. Designed as a marketplace, it was used for a variety of other purposes, underwent remodelling and suffered decay until its restoration and return to its original use in the late twentieth century.
Photo credit: Sidneiensis
Photo credit: akk_rus
- MIT Dome
Underneath the Building 7 lobby dome at MIT.
Photo credit: madprime
- Flowers at Dome
Photo credit: BudiFotography
- Berlin dome
Photo credit: cosmo_71
- Flowers at Dome
Photo credit: BudiFotography
- Dome Skylight
Dome Skylight with Blue Sky and White Clouds, pics by Mike Mozart of TheeToyChannel and Jeepersmeda on Youtube
Photo credit: JeepersMedia
- Oyster Dome
Photo credit: bato93
- Bexhill Dome
Photo credit: Nick_Rowland
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Dome
Click on an item to play that video:
- Dome Meaning
Video shows what dome means. A structural element resembling the hollow upper half of a sphere; a cupola.. Anything shaped like an upset bowl, often used as ...
- Slang Dome - Words
Music and Words by Giovanni Privitelli.
- Slang Dome - Keep it going
This track was composed, arranged, recorded and mixed by Giovanni Privitelli in a couple of days at the end of june 2013.
- Chrome dome Meaning
Video shows what chrome dome means. A bald head, a person who is bald.. A haircut in which the hair is clipped extremely close to the scalp.. chrome dome ...
- Crowd Explanation for Dome nose cone
- Slang Dome - Infinite Memories
Second single contain on the instrumental album Slang Dome - Voices Of Remembering.
- Slang Dome - Ambition
Music and Vocals by Giovanni Privitelli Copyright by Slang Dome Music.
- Slang Dome - Drops of poison
- Slang Dome - It's now the time
It's now the time by Slang Dome from the album It's now the time Released 2009-11-13 on track by track Download on iTunes: ...
- Slang Dome - Treasure Chest
Treasure Chest by Slang Dome from the album It's now the time Released 2009-11-13 on track by track Download on iTunes: ...
- Lava dome Meaning
Video shows what lava dome means. A roughly circular mound-shaped bulge that builds up from the slow eruption of viscous felsic lava from a volcano.
- Slang Dome - Vorrei dirti
Atmospheric italian song made by Giovanni Privitelli.
- Slang Dome - Change The World
- Slang Dome - Lost Around You
- Ribbed Dome Loading Explanation
Offset loads are applied to a ribbed dome constructed by Queen's Universtiy Belfast students of Architecture. Andrew Coyle explains the setup.
- Slang Dome - It's now the time (track by track) [Full Album]
Slang Dome - It's now the time Released 2009-11-13 on track by track Download on iTunes: ...
- Slang Dome - Wrapped Around (Instrumental Version)
Brand new single from the instrumental album Voices Of Remembering. In this track were used the following instruments: drum machine, electric guitar, electric ...
- Slang Dome - Still Love You
Still Love You by Slang Dome from the album High And Low Released 2009-05-22 on track by track Download on iTunes: ...
- Slang Dome - High & Low
High & Low by Slang Dome from the album High And Low Released 2009-05-22 on track by track Download on iTunes: ...
- Slang Dome - Mind and Soul
Mind and Soul by Slang Dome from the album High And Low Released 2009-05-22 on track by track Download on iTunes: ...
- Description and Feature Wenzel Alpine 8 5 X 8 Feet Dome Tent 2 2
- Per 2 Dome Description
- ESL RB15 - Dome's Taxi Ride
- ESL - Travel - California Travel: The majesty of Yosemite's Half Dome - Future Questions
To join a class...
See also the pronunciation examples of Dome!
Quotes about Dome
Scrabble value of D2O1M3E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DOME
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Dome!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Dome to see it in context!