On this page:
- "Doors" a.k.a. "The Doors" is a 1991 American biopic about the 1960-70s rock band of the same name which emphasizes the life of its lead singer, Jim Morrison. It was directed by Oliver Stone, and stars Val Kilmer as Morrison, Meg Ryan as Pamela Courson, Kyle MacLachlan as Ray Manzarek, Frank Whaley as Robby Krieger, Kevin Dillon as John Densmore, and Kathleen Quinlan as Patricia Kennealy.
- also known as Dors, 火樂焚城
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Oliver Stone & Brian Grazer
- executive producer: Brian Grazer
- written by Oliver Stone & Randall Jahnson
- Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison
- Meg Ryan as Pamela Courson
- Kathleen Quinlan as Patricia Kennealy
- Billy Idol as Cat
- Jennifer Tilly as Okie Girl
- Kyle MacLachlan as Ray Manzarek
- Frank Whaley as Robby Krieger
- Kevin Dillon as John Densmore
- Paul Williams as Warhol PR
- Bill Graham as New Haven Promoter
- Josh Evans as Bill Siddons
- Dennis Burkley as Dog
- Annie McEnroe as Secretary
- Crispin Glover as Andy Warhol
- John Densmore as Engineer
- Michael Wincott as Paul Rothchild
- Mimi Rogers as Magazine Photographer
- Lisa Edelstein as Makeup Artist
- Debi Mazar as Whiskey Girl #1
- Oliver Stone as UCLA Film Professor
- Michael Madsen as Tom Baker
- Gretchen Becker as Mom
- Jerry Sturm as Dad
- Sean Stone as Jim Morrison
- Kendall Deichen as Little Sister
- Floyd Red Crow Westerman as Shaman
- Rion Hunter as Indian in Desert #1
- Wes Studi as Indian in Desert #2
- Steve Reevis as Indian in Desert #3
- Bernard Telsey as Young Man with Pam
- Bruce MacVittie as UCLA Student #1
- Andrew Lauer as UCLA Student #2
- Harmonica Fats as Blues Singer on Venice Boardwalk
- Kelly Hu as Dorothy
- John T. Forristal III as Bouncer
- Josie Bissett as Robby Krieger's Girlfriend
- Fiona as Fog Groupie
- Robert LuPone as Music Manager
- Paul A. Rothchild as Music Manager's Sidekick
- John Capodice as Jerry
- Eric Burdon as Backstage Manager
- Nellie Red Owl as Old Crone
- Victoria Seeger as Whiskey Girl #2
- Jacqui Bell as Whiskey Girl #3
- Sergio Premoli as Patron at The Whiskey
- Mark Moses as Jac Holzman
- Frank Military as Bruce Botnick
- Deborah Falconer as John Densmore's Girlfriend
- Michele Bronson as New York Groupie
- Will Jordan as Ed Sullivan
- cinematography by Robert Richardson
- edited by Joe Hutshing & David Brenner
- genres: Biographical film, Musical, Musical Drama, Music, Drama
- The ceremony is about to begin.
- The Ultimate Story of Sex, Drugs & Rock 'N' Roll.
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (23 years ago)
- award: - MTV Movie Award for Best Male Performance nomination for Val Kilmer
- "Doors" is a film, written and directed by Michele De Angelis.
- "Doors" is the eleventh album by saxophonist Eric Kloss which was recorded in 1972 and first released on the Cobblestone label.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (43 years ago)
- "doors" is a musical album of Dirty Old Men.
- released on
- "Doors" is a musical album of Ida Gard.
- released on
- "doors" is a musical single of Calmando Qual.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Doors" is a musical single of RODO.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Doors" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music by Takeshi Itoh
Doors a.k.a. The Doors were an American rock band formed in 1965 in Los Angeles, with vocalist Jim Morrison, keyboardist Ray Manzarek, drummer John Densmore and guitarist Robby Krieger. The band took its name from the title of Aldous Huxley's book The Doors of Perception, which itself was a reference to a William Blake quotation, from his famous work The Marriage of Heaven and Hell: "If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite." They were among the most controversial, influential and unique rock acts of the 1960s and beyond, mostly because of Morrison's wild, poetic lyrics and charismatic but unpredictable stage persona. After Morrison's death in 1971, the remaining members continued as a trio until finally disbanding in 1973.
- read more about The Doors
- Doors a.k.a. Door: A door is a moving structure used to block off, and allow access to, an entrance to or within an enclosed space, such as a building or vehicle. Similar exterior structures are called gates. Typically doors have an interior side that faces the inside of a space and an exterior side that faces the outside of that space. While in some cases the interior side of a door may match its exterior side, in other cases there are sharp contrasts between the two sides, such as in the case of the vehicle door. Doors normally consist of a panel that swings on hinges or that slides or spins inside of a space.
- also known as 門
- Doors are an inter-process communication facility for Unix computer systems. They provide a form of procedure call.
- Doors a.k.a. Door is a marketing campaign.
- read more about Door
- Doors is a 2008 International Emmy Award for Non-Scripted Entertainment nominated TV program aired in Japan.
Phrases with Doors
- At Church Every Time the Doors Are Open
- Barn doors
- Open Doors
- Early Doors
- out of doors
- Jack Out of Doors
- Behind closed doors
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Doors
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Editorial Staff, State History Publications, LLC
The William English House is architecturally distinguished as a fine brick farmhouse with its four west doors which act as an astronomical calendar to indicate the seasons of the year. It is like the ancient monument, Stonehenge, from about ...
Worldview, Symbolism, and Culture in Africa, Oceania, and North America by Hope B. Werness
Doors and Thresholds. The symbolic dividing line between secular/exterior space and sacred/interior space is often dramatically delineated in indigenous architecture. The doors of homes and palaces are oriented symbolically. For instance ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Doors
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Doors
Photo credit: James Byrum
View more pictures about The Doors.
Video language resources about Doors
Click on an item to play that video:
- Rational DOORS Next Generation: Terminology and Basic Concepts
- Doors 49 level windows phone BEST EXPLANATION
If you find it helpful, press like :) doors 49 level walkthrough.
- Introduction to IBM Rational DOORS eXtension Language (DXL)
0:20 - Video Agenda 1:21 - Why Use DXL? 3:24 - Types of DXL 4:30 - DXL Script Basics 6:45 - DXL Editor 10:49 - DXL reference manual 14:00 - Restricting DXL ...
- ProArmor Polaris RZR Doors Description
Full description of the RZR doors, their features and variations.
- Moshi Monsters Codes 4 Floors & Doors! (Oddie Code- Description Box)
Like Floors and doors? Get some free codes here! Plus a code for Oddie (Ultra Rare) seed code. To get Oddie: Purple Star Blossom, Yellow Star Blossom and ...
- IBM DOORS v9.x: Introduction to DOORS eXtension Language (DXL)
In this video technical sales specialist Jim Marsh takes you through the basics of IBM DOORS eXtension Language for DOORS v9.x. This is not an advanced ...
- SIPTU concerned after Dublin English-language school closes its doors
Leinster College says it will be closed until November 7th, but the union fears it will shut down permanently.
- THE TWISTED DOORS: The Scary Way to Learn English! ESL/EFL 4-6
Get the big 300-page ESL/EFL book "The Twisted Doors" with its accompanying audio CD at...
- Riders on the Storm (Doors cover, Riders on the Verb mix)
- Discover Estonian language #Theme = Windows, doors and related items
See also the pronunciation examples of Doors!
Quotes about Doors
Scrabble value of D2O1O1R1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DOORS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Doors!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Doors to see it in context!