On this page:
Dost is sometimes a misspelling of dust.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb dost
What does dost mean as a doing word?
- [archaic] Second-person singular simple present form of do (used with the pronoun 'thou') as opposed to the present subjunctive doest.
- "Dost" is a 1974 Hindi film. Produced by Premji it was directed by Dulal Guha. The film stars Dharmendra, Hema Malini, Shatrughan Sinha, Asit Sen and Rehman. The films music is by Laxmikant Pyarelal.
- country: India
- languages: Hindi Language, Urdu Language
- producer: Premji
- executive producer: J.N. Manchanda
- art direction by Desh Mukherjee
- written by Shafiq Ansari & Sachin Bhowmick
- based on a story by Sachin Bhowmick
- Dharmendra as Maanav
- Hema Malini as Kaajal Gupta
- Shatrughan Sinha as Gopichand Sharma
- Amitabh Bachchan as Anand
- Ravindra Kapoor as Shyamal
- Kumari Naaz as Kalyani Sharma
- Kanhaiyalal as Gadibabu
- Anwar Hussain as Ustad Monto Sardar
- Abhi Bhattacharya as Father Francis
- Ramayan Tiwari
- Master Bunty as Munna Sharma
- Raju as Rajesh Gupta
- Maruti Rao as Akbar
- Rehman as Mr. Gupta
- cinematography by M. Rajaram
- edited by Bimal Roy
- music by Laxmikant Shantaram Kudalkar, Pyarelal Ramprasad Sharma
- costume design by Leena Daru, Shafiq Master, Sewakram
- genres: Family, Drama
- released on (40 years ago)
- award: - Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor (Gopichand 'Gopi' Sharma) nomination for Shatrughan Sinha
- "Dost" is a 1989 Hindi film directed by K Murali Mohan Rao and produced by A. Suryanarayana under Bhanodaya Productions banner. Mithun Chakraborty and Amala play the lead pair of this family drama with Amjad Khan, Kiran Kumar, Asrani, Sujit Kumar, Shobha Khote, Sharat Saxena, Vikas Anand, Kader Khan, Dalip Tahil, Annu Kapoor and Bob Christo in the support cast. The lyrics were written by Indeevar with music composed by Rahul Dev Burman.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- director: K. Muralimohana Rao
- producer: A. Suryanarayana
- written by Indivar, Kader Khan, M.D. Sunder
- Kader Khan as Budhi
- Asrani as Sukhiya
- Sujit Kumar as Brijmohan
- Dalip Tahil as Anthony
- Mithun Chakraborty as Raja
- Kiran Kumar as Nagendra S. Singh
- Annu Kapoor as Forest Officer
- Sharat Saxena as Mongola
- Amala Akkineni as Pooja
- Amjad Khan as Sher Singh
- Bob Christo
- Master Antriksh
- Vikas Anand as Raja's boss
- Jack Gaud
- Ghanshyam as Bhola
- Shubha Khote as Mrs. Sher Singh
- Manmauji as Poojary
- Asrani as Sukha
- Bandini Mishra as Gilli
- cinematography by K S R Swamy
- edited by J. Narasimha Rao
- music by Rahul Dev Burman
- genres: Musical, Drama, Bollywood, World cinema, Musical Drama
- released on (25 years ago)
- "Dost" is a 2004 Telugu film produced by N Radhakrishna Reddy under banner N.R.K. Cinemas, directed by Muppalaneni Siva. Siva Balaji, K. Viswanath, Suhasini and Neha play the lead with the support cast of Brahmanandam, M. S. Narayana, Tanikella Bharani, Venu Madhav, Ali, Hema, Shankar Melkote, Raghu Babu, Mohana, Srikar Babu and Karthik. The music was composed by Koti. The film was a remake of Malayalam film Nammal.
- "Dost" is a 1944 Bollywood film produced under banner Navin Pictures, directed by Shaukat Hussain Rizvi. Kanhaiyalal and Maya Banerjee play the lead with Agha, Himalaya Dasani, Husn Banu, Mirza Musharraf, Motilal, Noor Jehan, Ram Pyari, Shaukat Hussain Rizvi, Sherali and Varmala Kumthekar in the support cast. The lyrics were written by Shams Lakhnavi with music composed by Sajjad Hussain.
- "Dost" is a 1954 Hindi film produced by Kuldip Sehgal for Kuldip Pictures and directed by Rajendra Sharma. This film stars Suresh and Usha Kiran in lead roles with Om Prakash, Kammo, Khairati, Mohna, Majnu, Ramesh Thakur, Randhir, S. Kapoor, S. Nazir and Uma Dutt in support cast. The lyrics for this film were written by Varma Mallick with Hansraj Behl composing the music.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dost
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Lindsay Brown, Amelia Thomas
The Mumbai publication Bombay Dost is a gay and lesbian magazine available at a limited number of bookshops and newsstands in Delhi. For further information about India's gay scene, there are some excellent websites, including Gay ...
by Paul Harding
Bombay Dost is a gay and lesbian magazine. Its website ( w www.bombay-dost. com) has articles, information and back issues. The magazine is published in Mumbai. DISABLED TRAVELLERS There are few provisions for disabled travellers ...
Correctional Mental Health (2010)
From Theory to Best Practice by Thomas J. Fagan, Robert K. Ax
The DOST is a 67-item self-report inventory that includes subscales of Social Desirability, Malingering, Psychosis, Cognitive Impairment, and Aggressiveness. Adequate internal consistency (α = .77–.89) and test-retest (.71–.94) reliabilities ...
Dictionary of Homonyms (2007)
by David Rothwell
dost, dust The word dost is an old-fashioned form of the second person singular present of the verb 'to do';. Dust is a grey powder that magically ...
The State of the Parties (2014)
The Changing Role of Contemporary American Parties by John C. Green, Daniel J. Coffey, David B. Cohen
Meredith Dost is a graduate of the College of William 390 About ...
by James Stuart Olson, Robert Shadle
DOST MUHAMMAD KHAN Confronted by Sir Alfred Milner's* policy of anglicization after the war, the Gereformeerde Kerk and its leaders acted to preserve Afrikaner culture through a system of church schools promoting Christelijk ...
by Abbas Gurbanoghlu
Yaxşı dost yaman günda tanınar// Köhlan at yoxuşda, asil dostsa yaman günda tanınar// Dara ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dost
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Dost
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Andrew Dost.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Dost
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Dost!
Quotes about Dost
Prospero: If thou neglect'st or dost unwillingly / What I command, I'll rack thee with old cramps, / Fill all thy bones with aches, make thee roar / That beasts shall tremble at thy din. (William Shakespeare)
more quotes about dost...
Scrabble value of D2O1S1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DOST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Dost!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Dost to see it in context!