On this page:
- Definition of the noun doubles
- Phrases with Doubles
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Doubles
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Doubles
- Photos about Doubles
- Video language resources about Doubles
- Quotes about Doubles
- Scrabble value of D2O1U1B3L1E1S1
- Anagrams of DOUBLES
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun doubles
What does doubles mean as a name of something?
- badminton played with two players on each side
- tennis played with two players on each side
Alternative definition of the noun doubles
- [sports, plurale tantum] a game between pairs of players
Specialised definition of the noun doubles
Glossary of sports
a racket game played between two pairs of players (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
in the racquet games (e.g. badminton, tennis, ping pong), a team consisting of two players. There are three forms: men's doubles, women's doubles, and mixed (one woman, one man). (Herbert Haag & Gerald Haag. 2003. Dictionary. Sport, Physical Education, Sport Science. Kiel, Institut für Sport und Sportwissenschaften)
Doubles is a common street food in Trinidad and Tobago. It is a sandwich made with two bara filled with channa. Topped with mango, shadon beni, cucumber, coconut, tamarind, and extra pepper sauce, this delicacy is the most popular fast food in Trinidad and Tobago. It is usually eaten for breakfast, and sometimes lunch, but can be a late night snack as well. Popular doubles venues are Sleepy's Doubles at St. Helena Junction, Deen's Doubles in San Juan, Ali's Doubles in San Fernando, Sauce Doubles in Curepe, Drupati's Toronto and Johnny's Doubles in La Romaine, Golconda and Sangre Grande.
- "Doubles" is a book by Audrey Grant.
- "Doubles" is a book by Karl Miller.
- also known as "Doubles: studies in literary history"
- "Doubles" is a 2011 Malayalam comedy-action drama film directed by debutant Sohan Seenulal and written by the Sachi-Sethu duo. It stars Mammootty, Nadia Moidu and Taapsee Pannu in the lead roles, and features an extensive cast of supporting actors with Saiju Kurup, Suraj Venjaramoodu, Salim Kumar, Anoop Chandran, Bijukkuttan, Y. G. Mahendra and Avinash amongst others. It also features Roma and Rima Kallingal in cameo roles. The film is an emotional drama that also combines comedy and action contents. It is produced by K. K. Narayanadas under the banner of Reels on Wheels Entertainment. The film released coinciding with the festival of Vishu on 14 April 2011.
- country: India
- language: Malayalam Language
- director: Sohan Seenu Lal
- producer: K.K. Narayana Das
- art direction by Gokul Das
- written by Sachi & Sethu
- cinematography by P. Sukumar
- music by James Vasanthan
- genres: Comedy, Action Film, Malayalam Cinema, Drama
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Doubles" is a Tamil drama film directed by Pandiarajan. The film stars him alongside Prabhu Deva, Meena and Sangeetha in the lead roles. The film's score and soundtrack are composed by Srikanth Deva.
- "Doubles" is a film, directed by Satoshi Isaka.
- "Doubles" is a musical album of Cian Nugent.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Doubles" is a composition.
- music by Jonathan Berger
Who is Doubles?
Doubles a.k.a. Darian Durant: Darian Bernard Durant is a professional American football quarterback who plays for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. He played college football at the University of North Carolina. After his college career, he held school records for completion percentage, touchdowns, passing yards, total offense and completions.
- read more about Darian Durant
- Doubles is a luge event.
- Doubles: A two base hit when a player safely reaches second base on a hit.
Phrases with Doubles
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Doubles
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Critical Juxtapositions of the Philosophical, the Sociohistorical and the Political by A. Gülerce
Crucialto the photographic doubles is that they externalize the dimension of the ...
The Giants Encyclopedia (2003)
by Tom Schott, Nick Peters
Doubles — Barry Bonds (38) Triples — Darren Lewis (7) Home Runs — Barry Bonds (46) RB1 — Barry Bonds (123) Stolen Bases — Darren ...
by John Grasso, Eric R. Hartman
GBR Britt Cederbrink, SWE Svea Ljungkvist, SWE Australia Malaysia United States Four-woman team Four-woman team All-events—M All-events—F Doubles—M Doubles—F Eight-man team Five-man team Five-woman team Four -woman ...
by Molefi Kete Asante, Ama Mazama
” Totemic doubles (human/animal doubles) are called an ewúúm ...
Doubles — W. A. Lamed and R. D. Wrenn. Mixed doubles— Miss Edna Wildey and N. W. Niles. Northwestern Championship, Minneapolis, August 8. Singles — N. Emerson, Cincinnati. Doubles — Waidner and Emerson forfeited to Graves and ...
by John Grasso, Bill Mallon, Jeroen Heijmans
Mixed doubles events in both badminton and tennis consist of two-player teams of one man and one woman. Surprisingly, the sport...
by William Hughes, David Punter, Andrew Smith
Though not without the psychoanalytic leanings of earlier studies, Ralph Tymms' Doubles in Literary Psychology (1949) was a particularly exhaustive account of doubles in literature well beyond the well-known examples in the German ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Doubles
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Doubles
Click on an item to view that photo:
The Spencer Twins - heirs apparent to the Bryan Brothers.
Photo credit: johnniec
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Doubles
Click on an item to play that video:
- Dialect coaching with lookalikes on "Celebrity Doubles" 1/3
- Dialect coaching with lookalikes on "Celebrity Doubles" 3/3
- Dialect coaching with lookalikes on "Celebrity Doubles" 2/3
- Why Extensive Reading Doubles Your Vocabulary
Why Extensive Reading Doubles Your Vocabulary.
- Doubles Meaning
Video shows what doubles means. Category:English plurals. a game between pairs of players. A sandwich of Trinidad and Tobago, made with two bara (flat ...
- Doubles drill - Intro and Explanation
- Doubles Description Bryans
Bob and Mike Bryan raise the bar when they take on the doubles description game.
- Doubles Description Dodig Melo
After an interesting warm-up technique, Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo are the final team to try and beat the Bryans at the doubles description game.
- Doubles Description Nestor Zimonjic
- Orbiting an accurate description for doubles hammock
Doubles hammock with Viktor Franyo with special guest appearance from Uys Du Buisson.
See also the pronunciation examples of Doubles!
Quotes about Doubles
Scrabble value of D2O1U1B3L1E1S1
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DOUBLES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Doubles!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Doubles to see it in context!