On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun doubting thomas
What does doubting thomas mean as a name of something?
- the Apostle who would not believe the resurrection of Jesus until he saw Jesus with his own eyes
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of doubting Thomas: Saint Thomas / St. Thomas / Thomas / Thomas the doubting Apostle
- instance of: Apostle = one of the original 12 disciples chosen by Christ to preach his gospel; saint = a person who has died and has been declared a saint by canonization
- someone who demands physical evidence in order to be convinced (especially when this demand is out of place)
Alternative definition of the noun doubting thomas
- One who requires proof before believing.
- One who finds belief difficult.
- "Doubting Thomas" a.k.a. "Spy School" is a 2008 American comedy-drama film, released outside the United States as Doubting Thomas or Lies and Spies. The films stars Forrest Landis and AnnaSophia Robb as the lead characters. The movie focuses on the adventures of Thomas Miller, in his efforts to save the President's daughter from being kidnapped. This is the last film for Taylor Momsen, though she now fronts the rock band The Pretty Reckless.
- read more about Spy School
- "Doubting Thomas" is a 1935 film directed by David Butler.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- art direction by Jack Otterson
- costume design by René Hubert
- genre: Comedy
- released in (80 years ago)
"Doubting Thomas" is a novel written by Morris Gleitzman in 2006.
- genre: Children's literature
- "Doubting Thomas" is a musical album of Stephen Speaks.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Doubting Thomas": ''"Doubting Thomas" is a song played by the modern bluegrass band Nickel Creek. It was the eleventh song on Nickel Creek's latest album release, Why Should the Fire Die?. Doubting Thomas features Chris Thile on mandolin and lead vocals, Sara Watkins on violin, and Sean Watkins on guitar.
Doubting Thomas is an industrial band formed by two members of Skinny Puppy: cEvin Key and the late Dwayne Goettel. It is considered a Skinny Puppy side project. The band shares its name with an American roots band, to whom they have no relation.
- genre: Industrial music
- albums: "Father Don't Cry", "The Infidel", "Who Died and Made You King?"
- official website: www.subconsciousstudios.com/thomas
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Doubting Thomas
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Third Edition, 2011 by William Harwood
Doubting Thomas In the gospel called JOHN, Jesus' twin brother ...
by John Anthony McGuckin
and the apostles (including Doubting Thomas) were able to touch him (Jn. 20.24-29). However, after the resurrection, the body of Christ was no longer subject to illness or death. The restoration of health in the Old ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Doubting Thomas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Doubting Thomas
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Doubting Thomas
Life Magazine August 9, 1954
Photo credit: hannibal1107
- Doubting Thomas gallery
Map of Location
Photo credit: stu_spivack
- Doubting Thomas mosaic
Photo credit: annemarieangelo
- The Doubting Thomas Window
This window is at the east end of St Thomas' Church, Harty, Sheppey, Kent, over the altar
Photo credit: brianfuller6385
- Doubting Thomas stained glass
The work of Thomas Denny.
Photo credit: Matt From London
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Doubting Thomas
Click on an item to play that video:
- The true meaning of Doubting Thomas, It's not what you think.
- Doubting Thomas Meaning
Video shows what doubting Thomas means. One who requires proof before believing.. One who finds belief difficult.. Doubting Thomas Meaning. How to ...
- Doubting Thomas - The story behind the picture [Self Definition]
Label: 2 Circles.
- Random English Idiom of The Day A Doubting Thomas
A Doubting Thomas: A skeptic who needs physical or personal evidence in order to believe something.
See also the pronunciation examples of Doubting Thomas!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Doubting Thomas to see it in context!