On this page:
- Definition of the noun douglass
- Phrases with Douglass
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Douglass
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Douglass
- Photos about Douglass
- Videos about Douglass
- Quotes about Douglass
- Scrabble value of D2O1U1G2L1A1S1S1
- Anagrams of DOUGLASS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun douglass
What does douglass mean as a name of something?
- United States abolitionist who escaped from slavery and became an influential writer and lecturer in the North (1817-1895)
- Douglass is a city in Butler County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 1,700.
- Douglass is an unincorporated community in western Nacogdoches County, Texas, United States. It is bordered on the west by the Angelina River. There are approximately 500 people who live in the area.
- Douglass is a residential neighborhood in Southeast Washington, D.C., on the eastern side of St. Elizabeths Hospital, on the border of the Congress Heights Metro Station. It is bounded by Suitland Parkway to the north and east, Alabama Avenue to the south, and the St. Elizabeths campus to the west.
There are other places with in their name, like Douglass Hills, Douglass College, Douglass Township, Douglass High School, Bishop Douglass School, Douglass Residential College, Frederick Douglass High School, Frederick Douglass Senior High School and Frederick Douglass National Historic Site.
Who is Douglass?
Douglass a.k.a. Douglas Murray Dumbrille is the son of actor Douglass Dumbrille.
- read more about Douglas Murray Dumbrille
- Douglass is a fictional character from the 1995 film Maanthrikam.
- Douglass is a fictional film character.
Douglass is a lunar crater on the far side of the Moon. It lies to the southwest of the crater Frost and south-southwest of the large walled plain Landau.
Phrases with Douglass
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Douglass
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Delectable Negro (2014)
Human Consumption and Homoeroticism within US Slave Culture by Vincent Woodard, Dwight McBride
Douglass is a free man, a man of agency and affluence, but still the historical problem of relatedness and all of its emotional and sexual implications bear down upon him in the present. It is during slavery that the orator first develops the habit ...
by Richard T. Schaefer
Frederick Douglass. Douglass was one of the foremost leaders of the abolitionist movement, which fought to end slavery in the United States during the decades before the Civil War. Douglass genuinely believed that racism could be ended ...
by Paul Finkelman
Dees, Morris Dershowitz, Alan DeWitt, General John Dies, Martin Douglas, William Orville Douglass, Frederick ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Douglass
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Douglass
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Lyle E. Douglass
Member, Wisconsin State Assembly, Waukesha County, 1940
Image from the 1940 Wisconsin Blue Book (published by the state as a public document; no copyright notice).
Photo credit: Political Graveyard
- Douglass High Indians
Good job whomever competed.
Photo credit: Jeff Attaway
- Douglass Lake sunset
Photo credit: umseas
- Beautiful Douglass Lake
Photo credit: umseas
- Horses in Douglass
Photo credit: Montgomery County Planning Commission
View more pictures about Frederick Douglass.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Douglass
Click on an item to play that video:
- Douglass Meaning
Video shows what Douglass means. , a less common spelling of Douglas.. Douglass Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Fred Douglass Elementary Dual Language Program
Dual language is a form of bilingual education in which students are taught literacy and content in two languages. Dual language programs foster bilingualism, ...
- Veronica Westbrook - Douglass K-8 Reading & Language Arts
View more videos about Frederick Douglass.
See also the pronunciation examples of Douglass!
Quotes about Douglass
Scrabble value of D2O1U1G2L1A1S1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DOUGLASS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Douglass!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Douglass to see it in context!