Down in the Delta
On this page:
"Down in the Delta" is a 1998 drama film directed by Maya Angelou. The film stars Alfre Woodard, Al Freeman, Jr., Esther Rolle, Loretta Devine, and Wesley Snipes.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Wesley Snipes, Reuben Cannon, Rick Rosenberg
- production design by Lindsey Hermer-Bell
- edited by Nancy Richardson
- music by Stanley Clarke
- costume design by Maxyne Baker
- location: Toronto
- genres: Indie film, Coming of age, Childhood Drama, Drama
- tagline: Sometimes, the last place you expected to be is the one place you've always belonged...
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (16 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Down in the Delta
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Encyclopedia of Places in American Popular Culture [3 volumes] by Gladys L. Knight
Though the area includes 18 counties, the region is most often referred to collectively as “the Delta,” or, more colloquially, “down in the Delta.” The Mississippi Delta is actually not a delta but an alluvial plain, where regular flooding occurs.
From the Age of Segregation to the Twenty-first Century Five-volume Set by Paul Finkelman
2:473 recording by Smith, Bessie, 4:326 Down in the Delta (film, Angelou), ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Down in the Delta
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Down in the Delta
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Down in the Delta"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1