On this page:
- Definition of the noun drizzle
- Definition of the verb drizzle
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Drizzle
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Drizzle
- Photos about Drizzle
- Video language resources about Drizzle
- Quotes about Drizzle
- Scrabble value of D2R1I1Z10Z10L1E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun drizzle
What does drizzle mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: drizzles
- very light rain; stronger than mist but less than a shower
Alternative definition of the noun drizzle
- Light rain.
- [context: physics, weather]. Very small, numerous, and uniformly dispersed water drops, mist, or sprinkle. Unlike fog droplets, drizzle falls to the ground. It is sometimes accompanied by low visibility and fog.
- [slang] Water.
Definition of the verb drizzle
What does drizzle mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: drizzled | drizzling | drizzles
- rain lightly
- examples: When it drizzles in summer, hiking can be pleasant | It was drizzleing all day long
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula it [Verb be] [Verb] It's raining it [Verb be] [Verb] [Theme] It's raining cats and dogs it [Verb be] [Verb] with [Theme] It was pelting with rain
Weather Verbs (with the same syntax): blow, clear, fog, freeze, gust, hail, howl, lightning, mist, mizzle, pelt, pour, precipitate, rain, roar, shower, sleet, snow, spit, spot, sprinkle, storm, swelter, teem, thaw, thunder.
- lexical domain: Weather - verbs of raining, snowing, thawing, thundering
- synonym of drizzle: mizzle
- more generic terms: rain / rain down = precipitate as rain
- moisten with fine drops
- examples: drizzle the meat with melted butter | They drizzle the bread with melted butter
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - being] [Verb] [Destination] Jessica sprayed the wall | Leslie staffed the store [Agent - being] [Verb] [Destination] with [Theme] Jessica loaded the wagon with boxes [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] Jessica squirted water [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] at [Destination] Jessica squirted water at me [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] [Locative Preposition] [Destination] Jessica loaded boxes into the wagon [Theme - substance or concrete object, plural] [Verb] [Locative or Directional Preposition] [Destination] Paint sprayed onto the wall
Verbs of Putting (with the same syntax): brush, hang, plaster, pump, rub, scatter, seed, sew, shower, smear, smudge, sow, spatter, splash, splatter, spray, spread, sprinkle, spritz, spurt, squirt, stick, strew, string, swab, wash, wrap.
- lexical domain: Contact - verbs of touching, hitting, tying, digging
- synonym of drizzle: moisten
- more generic words: splash / splosh / sprinkle = cause (a liquid) to spatter about, especially with force
Alternative definition of the verb drizzle
- To rain lightly.
- To pour slowly and evenly, especially with oil in cooking.
- [slang] To urinate.
Drizzle is a musical group.
- album: "Salem"
"Drizzle" is a short feature film by Heorhiy Deliyev. The movie was released in 2005 with original language in Ukrainian, Russian and some German. The film is a story about three individuals living at the end of the World War II, coping with harsh realities amidst adversity.
- released in (11 years ago)
- Drizzle is a free software/open source relational database management system that was forked from version 6.0 of the MySQL DBMS.
- genres: Database management system, Database
- license: GNU General Public License
- official website: www.drizzle.org
- Drizzle is a digital image processing method for the linear reconstruction of undersampled images. It is normally used for the combination of astronomical images and was originally developed for the Hubble Deep Field observations made by the Hubble Space Telescope. The algorithm, known as Variable-Pixel Linear Reconstruction, or informally as "Drizzle," preserves photometry and resolution, can weight input images according to the statistical significance of each pixel, and removes the effects of geometric distortion on both image shape and photometry. In addition, it is possible to use drizzling to combine dithered images in the presence of cosmic rays.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Drizzle
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
High Performance MySQL (2012)
Optimization, Backups, and Replication by Baron Schwartz, Peter Zaitsev, Vadim Tkachenko
Drizzle is a true fork of MyS QL, not just a variant or enhancement. It is not compatible with MySQL, although it's not so different that it's unrecognizable. In most cases, you won't simply be able to switch out your MySQL backend and replace it ...
by Chandrasekar, Chandrasekar A.
Drizzle is the common precipitation associated with the stratus cloud. Cumulus cloud is a low-level convective cloud consisting of individual cells, vertical rolls or towers. The chief characteristic of the cumulus cloud is a flat base and the typical ...
A Revised System of Logical Doctrine in Relation to the Forms of Idiomatic Discourse by Douglas Macleane
A pupil-teacher is a teacher-pupil, a rainy drizzle is a drizzling rain. On the other hand a libre-penseur is not necessarily a penseur libre. Quarles says : — ' Be wisely-worldly, be not worldly-wise ' ; and Tennyson warns us against thinking that ...
Reason, Thought and Language (1906)
by Douglas Macleane
drizzle is a drizzling rain. On the other hand a libre-penseur is not necessarily a penseur libre. Quarles says : — ' Be wisely-worldly, be not worldly-wise ' ; and Tennyson warns us against thinking that man-woman is woman-man. L Chop is ...
The Correspondence of Robert Redfield and Sol Tax by Robert Redfield, Sol Tax
star of thieves#; Jupiter is the star of horses#; if one watches while a star falls, one's life is shortened; drizzle is the urine of God#; San Sebastian is lord of the wind#; the snakes are owners of the roads#; sorcerers work at crossroads#; where ...
Applied Hydrometeorology (2009)
by Pukhraj Rakhecha, Vijay P. Singh
Drizzle: Drizzle is a fine sprinkle of very small and rather uniform water droplets, with a diameter of less than 0.5 mm. It occurs from low clouds (stratus type) and its intensity is generally less than 1 mm per hour. (ii) Rain: Rain is precipitation ...
Pure Vegan (2012)
70 Recipes for Beautiful Meals and Clean Living by Joseph Shuldiner
The homemade aioli drizzle is a nice touch, ...
What Is Weather? (2012)
by Ellen Lawrence
When tiny, slow-moving raindrops seem to float in the air, the rain is called drizzle. Snowy Weather Sometimes the air around a cloud is very. 9.
Priceless Poetic Reflections (2012)
Leaves are falling The drizzle is the unseen reason behind the madness Its 208 Autumn.
A Secret Map of Ireland (2010)
by Rosita Boland
Drizzle is an apostrophe, as ifto suggest ...
Songs for the Spirits (2010)
Music and Mediums in Modern Vietnam by Barley Norton
Persistent drizzle is a feature of spring in northern Vietnam, and the roads were covered with a treacherous film of wet mud. The large fume-billowing trucks that hurtled past at alarming speeds, seemingly with little regard to any other traffic, ...
by Robert J. Sternberg
drizzle, c. storm, d. humidity) : RAINFALL (b) A white lie is a minor lie; a drizzle is a minor rainfall. Vocabulary — Description 23. ( a. net, b. ten, c. met, d. end) : TEND :: MEN : MEND (b) Tend is pronounced as ...
by Jean Claude Corbeil, Ariane Archambault
heavy intermittent rain light continuous rain moderate continuous rain heavy continuous rain Sleet t (•\ J g snow low drifting snow high freezing rain thick intermittent drizzle Щ Щ light continuous drizzle * 1 * moderate continuous drizzle thick ...
Encyclopedia of Rainbows (2017)
Our World Organized by Color by Julie Seabrook Ream
Cherry Glaze with Cream Cheese Drizzle 2. Bubblegum Glaze with Pink Sprinkles 3. Cherry Blossom Glaze with Pastel Sugar Flakes 4. Pear Glaze with Apple Candy Sprinkles 5. Rosewater Glaze with White Sugar Pearls 6. Orange Glaze ...
by Hensleigh Wedgwood (M.A.)
— Drizzle. To dredge, to scatter flour on meat while roasting ; to dridge, to sprinkle. — Hal. Dan. drysse, to dredge, sprinkle, powder, to fall in small particles as sand. From the pattering sound of such a fall. Prov. Dan. draase, drase ...
by Martin Manser
drizzle verb drizzle over sprinkle (some liquid) over (something): Drizzle some lemon juice over the salad. drop ...
Third Revised Edition by Gregorio del Olmo Lete, Joaquín Sanmartín
“drizzle” or type of dew (Hb. rbybym, “rain(s) of dew”, HALOT 1178 f.; Arab. rabab, “(white) clouds”, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Drizzle
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Drizzle
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Jeppestown
Photo credit: sonicimac
Photo credit: Photo/Graphic
Photo credit: K A J O
Photo credit: Ishan Manjrekar
- Highway Drizzle
Photo credit: laurencotie
- Lemon drizzle cake
Photo credit: sk8geek
- Norman Garstin - A Steady Drizzle
Photo credit: irinaraquel
- Light drizzle
Photo credit: oglemylego
- Drizzle and Sheep
Photo credit: purdyrns
- Lemon drizzle cake and pink lemonade
Photo credit: KathrynW1
- Drizzle Can
Photo credit: GollyGforce - Living My Worst Nightmare
- Drizzle in May
Photo credit: kamshots
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Drizzle
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Drizzle!
Quotes about Drizzle
Let your love be like drizzle: it comes softly, but still swells the river.
more quotes about drizzle...
Scrabble value of D2R1I1Z10Z10L1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 26 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine