On this page:
- Duran Duran are an English rock band formed in Birmingham in 1978. They were one of the most successful bands of the 1980s and a leading band in the MTV-driven "Second British Invasion" of the United States. Since the 1980s, they have placed 14 singles in the Top 10 of the UK Singles Chart and 21 in the Billboard Hot 100, and according to the Sunday Mercury, they have sold more than 100 million records.
- also known as デュラン・デュラン
- Nick Rhodes (Keyboard) since
- Nigel John Taylor (Guitar) between and
- Nigel John Taylor (Bass guitar) between and (18 years)
- Nigel John Taylor (Bass guitar) since
- Roger Taylor (Drums) between and (7 years)
- Roger Taylor (Drums) since
- Simon Le Bon (Vocals) since
- Stephen Duffy (Vocals) between and
- Andy Wickett (Vocals) between and
- Andrew Taylor (Guitar) between and (5 years)
- Andrew Taylor (Guitar) between and (6 years)
- Warren Cuccurullo (Guitar) between and (15 years)
- Sterling Campbell (Drums) until
- Simon Colley (Bass guitar) between and
- Jeff Thomas (Lead Vocals) in
- Alan Curtis (Guitar) in
- Andrew Taylor between and (5 years)
- Warren Cuccurullo between and (12 years)
- Andrew Taylor between and (5 years)
- Roger Taylor until
- Roger Taylor since
- Nigel John Taylor since
- Nigel John Taylor until
- Dom Brown
- genres: New Romanticism, New Wave, Pop music, Rock music, Pop rock, Alternative rock, Synthpop, Funk rock, Dance-pop, Post-punk, Electronic music, Dance-rock
- albums: "Careless Memories", "Duran Duran", "Girls on Film", "My Own Way", "Planet Earth", "Hungry Like the Wolf", "Rio", "Save a Prayer", "Seven and the Ragged Tiger", "Arena", "Notorious", "All She Wants Is", "Big Thing", "Decade", "Liberty", "Thank You", "Medazzaland", "Greatest", "Pop Trash", "Singles Box Set 1981–1985", "Astronaut", "What Happens Tomorrow", "Nice", "(Reach Up for the) Sunrise", "12'' Collection, Part 2", "A View to a Kill", "Acoustic World", "B-Sides Ourselves", "Come Undone", "Dance Into the Fire" (disc 2), "Essential Duran Duran (Night Versions)", "Hits", "Is There Something I Should Know?", "Master Mixes", "New Moon on Monday", "Out of My Mind", "Storytellers", "Strange Behaviour", "The Best of Duran Duran", "The Collection", "The Essential Collection", "The Presidential Suite", "The Reflex", "The Wild Boys", "Union of the Snake", "The 12" Collection", "Carnival", "Singles Box Set 1986–1995", "Red Carpet Massacre"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best Music Video - "Girls On Film/Hungry Like The Wolf"
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best Music Film - "Duran Duran"
- Grammy Award for Best Music Video - "Girls On Film/Hungry Like The Wolf" (Artist)
- Grammy Award for Best Music Film - "Duran Duran" (Artist)
- nominated to MTV Video Music Award for Best Stage Performance - "The Reflex"
- nominated to MTV Video Music Award for Best Editing - "The Reflex" (Editor: Steven Priest)
- nominated to MTV Video Music Award for Best Direction - "The Wild Boys" (Director: Russell Mulcahy)
- nominated to Brit Award for British Video - "The Wild Boys"
- nominated to American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Band/Duo/Group Video Artist
- Brit Award for British Video - "The Wild Boys"
- nominated to MTV Video Music Award for Best Cinematography - "Ordinary World" (Director of Photography: Martin Coppen)
- MTV Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award
- Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music
- official website: www.duranduran.com
- Duran Duran a.k.a. Nick Rhodes is an English musician, best known as the founding member and keyboardist of the new wave band Duran Duran.
- read more about Nick Rhodes
- Duran Duran a.k.a. Simon Le Bon: Simon John Charles Le Bon is an English musician, best known as the lead singer, lyricist and musician of the band Duran Duran and its offshoot, Arcadia.
- read more about Simon Le Bon
There are other people with in their name, like Duran Duran Duran.
Duran Duran is a fictional film character.
"Duran Duran" is a book by Neil Gaiman.
- also known as "Duran Duran: The Book"
- copyright: 1984-12-01
- "Duran Duran": Duran Duran is the seventh studio album and the second self-titled album by Duran Duran, released on 11 February 1993. It reached the Top Ten in North America and provided two Top Ten hits in the U.S, "Ordinary World" and "Come Undone". Those hits made the band one of only a very select few artists from their era to have true mainstream success in the 1990s, a fact that caught both the record industry and the band members themselves by surprise. The album went multi-platinum in the U.S and Canada, and gave to the band the largest world tour to date.
- "Duran Duran": Duran Duran is the debut album by the English pop rock band Duran Duran, released worldwide on EMI Records on 15 June 1981.
- "Duran Duran" is a Finnish-language song by Finnish singer Jenni Vartiainen, released as the first promotional single of her second studio album Seili on December 13, 2010, by Warner Music Finland. The song is written by Teemu Brunila. "Duran Duran" peaked at number 10 on the Finnish Singles Charts in February 2011 and has sold gold in Finland with over 5,400 copies.
- music and lyrics by Teemu Brunila
- "Duran Duran": Officially titled simply Duran Duran, this video compilation is sometimes unofficially referred to in print as the Duran Duran video album or Duran Duran: The First 11 Videos. This pioneering video album won a 1984 Grammy Award for Best Long Form Music Video.
- Duran Duran is an award-winning music video.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Duran Duran
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Life in Stitches (2011)
Knitting My Way through Love, Loss, and Laughter by Rachael Herron
Duran Duran is a registered trademark of ...
1,000 UK Number One Hits (2010)
by Jon Kutner, Spencer Leigh
are part of a group and they think Duran Duran is a cool name. Which it is. Various changes take place with Nick playing alongside three unrelatedTaylors – John (now on bass), Andy ...
1001 Things You Hate to Love by Sam Stall, Lou Harry, Julia Spalding
DURAN DURAN wiches and frozen coffee drinks, but the mainstay is still big cups of steaming, fresh-brewed joe— the better to go with Cinnamon Cake Sticks (450 calories each) and Apple Crumb Donuts (230 calories). This is definitely your ...
Encyclopedia of Percussion (2013)
by John H. Beck
(Duran Duran, k.d. lang, Paul McCartney).
by Frank William. Jefkins
Nestlé's Nescafé sponsoring ILR Network Chart Show, Philips sponsoring Dire Straits and Sony supporting Duran Duran.
Thin Lizzy 10 Carpenters,Deep Purple ,DefLeppard, Duran Duran,Eurythmics, Guns'n'Roses, IronMaiden, MoodyBlues, ...
by Mehmet Odekon
Live Aid performers included Status Quo, The Style Council, Adam Ant, Queen, Sting, Phil Collins, U2, The Beach Boys, David Bowie, Elton John, Madonna, Dire Straits, Paul McCartney, Duran Duran, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, B.B. King, Hall ...
by Donald G. Godfrey, Frederic A. Leigh
Artists like Duran Duran and Madonna were MTV staples before they appeared on most radio stations playlists. The network's influence extended beyond the music industry. Performers like Cyndi Lauper, Boy George, Madonna, and Nirvana ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Duran Duran
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Duran Duran
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Duran Duran/ SXSW
Photo credit: annainaustin
- Duran Duran Chicago
Photo credit: leyla.a
- Duran Duran onstage
Photo credit: Phil Guest
- Duran Duran is running for City Council!
Photo credit: bcgrote
- Homage to Duran Duran
Photo credit: simiant
- WWTW meet Duran Duran
Photo credit: Walking With The Wounded
- Leyla - Duran Duran in Chicago
Photo credit: leyla.a
Video language resources about Duran Duran
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Duran Duran!
Quotes about Duran Duran
You listen to a piece of music and it will remind you of something-it might make you happy, it might make you sad, but it is very emotive. And I think that Duran Duran have always understood that. (Nick Rhodes)