On this page:
- Dwight Clark: Dwight Edward Clark is a former American football wide receiver and executive. He played for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League from 1979 to 1987. With the 49ers, Clark played on two Super Bowl championship teams. He caught the winning touchdown pass thrown by quarterback Joe Montana in the NFC Championship Game in January 1982 against the Dallas Cowboys. The play, immortalized as "The Catch," propelled the 49ers to their first Super Bowl championship. Clark played college football at Clemson University before being drafted by the 49ers in the 10th round of the 1979 NFL Draft. He served as the general manager of the 49ers in 1998 and in the same capacity with the Cleveland Browns from 1998 to 2002.
- also known as Dwight Edward Clark
- born on (59 years ago) in Kinston
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: American football player
- parent of Mac Clark
- filmography: played Blade Steel in "Kindergarten Ninja"
- Dwight Clark is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Dwight Clark (actor)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dwight Clark
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Bob Boyles, Paul Guido
0 Citadel 7 WR Jerry Butler / Dwight Clark 0 Georgia 41 WR...
by George B. Kirsch, Othello Harris, Claire Elaine Nolte
They are images that we have all seen, read about, and talked about: quarterback Joe Montana being swarmed by a Dallas Cowboy onrush and yet somehow finding Dwight Clark in the back of the end zone with what football historians have ...
Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Soccer by David Blevins
In the fourth quarter, Montana led the team on an 11-play, 89-yard drive that ended with a touchdown pass to Dwight Clark, deep in the end zone, forever known as “The Catch.” From this win, the team would capture its first Super Bowl ...
by Paul Dickson
The fourth- quarter touchdown catch at the back of the end zone by San Francisco 49ers receiver Dwight Clark, which set up the 28–27 victory over the Dallas Cowboys ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dwight Clark
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: