On this page:
"E-Flat": Komal Gandhar, also known as A Soft Note on a Sharp Scale, is a 1961 Bengali film written and directed by noted film maker Ritwik Ghatak. The title refers to the Hindustani equivalent of "E-flat". It was part of the trilogy, Meghe Dhaka Tara, Komal Gandhar, and Subarnarekha, all dealing with the aftermath of the Partition of India in 1947 and the refugees coping with it, though this was the most optimistic film of his oeuvre. The film explores three themes juxtaposed in the narrative, the dilemma of Anusuya, the lead character, divided leadership of IPTA and the fallout of the partition of India.
- also known as Kamol Gandhar, A Soft Note on a Sharp Scale, Komal Gandhar
- country: India
- language: Bengali Language
- producer: Ritwik Ghatak
- art direction by Ravi Chatterjee
- written by Ritwik Ghatak, Bijon Bhattacharya, Sukanta Bhattacharya, Salil Chowdhury, Jyotirindra Moitra & Rabindranath Tagore
- Bijon Bhattacharya as Gagan
- Supriya Devi as Ansuya
- Anil Chatterjee as Rishi
- Gyanesh Mukherjee as Debu Bose
- Abhi Bhattacharya
- Gita Dey as Shanta
- Abanish Banerjee as Bhrigu
- Satindra Bhattacharya as Shibnath
- Chitra Mandal as Jaya
- Mantu Ghosh
- Dwiju Bhawal
- Satyabrata Chattopadhyay as Prabhat
- Nirmal Ghosh
- Arun Mukherjee
- Tilottama Bandyopadhyay
- Arun Chowdhury
- cinematography by Dilip Ranjan Mukhopadhyay
- edited by Ramesh Joshi
- music by Rabindranath Tagore, Jyotirindra Moitra
- set decoration by Subodh Das
- genres: Musical, Drama, Musical Drama, Bengali Cinema, World cinema
- released on (53 years ago)
E-Flat is a film score composer.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for E-Flat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
All the Essential Terms, Composers, and Theory in an Easy-to-Follow Format! by L. C. Harnsberger
The different types include, from highest to lowest, the E-flat sopranino, B-flat soprano, E-flat alto, B-flat tenor, E-flat baritone, and B-flat bass.
Picture Chord Encyclopedia (2000)
Photos & Diagrams for 2,600 Guitar Chords! by Hal Leonard Corp.
Eflat dominant seventh, flat fifth E-flat ninth e. D G Б E 9sus4 (E 9sus)...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for E-Flat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about E-Flat
A small piece of the old Heintzman. 090327-008
Photo credit: waferboard
Quotes about E-Flat
When people come to me and tell me I was terrific in this or that, I do not want to fall flat on my face the next time. But, tough, I have fallen flat before. You just get up and dust yourself off. (Geoffrey Rush)
more quotes about e-flat...
Anagrams of E-FLAT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of E-Flat!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of E-Flat to see it in context!