On this page:
Earthbeat a.k.a. EarthBeat! is a record label.
- "Earthbeat" is an album released by Paul Winter in 1987. The album is a joint project between the Paul Winter Consort and the Dimitri Pokrovsky Ensemble, from Russia. The two groups combined their musical styles to create an entirely new sound. The result was a melding of Russian circlesongs and folk melodies with Brazilian and African drums and harmonies, along with the western jazz harmonies implemented by the Winter Consort. The album is considered monumental, as it was the first album of original music created by Americans and Russians together. The album was recorded in both Moscow and New York City.
- "Earthbeat" is a compilation album of Future Sound of London's early releases, using several aliases. All of the tracks on this album are by Garry Cobain and Brian Dougans but under pseudonyms such as 'Mental Cube' and 'Yage'. The duo had been releasing songs under these aliases for around two years before they recorded "Accelerator" as FSOL.
- "Earthbeat" is a musical single of The Slits.
- released in (34 years ago)
- "Earthbeat" is a musical album of Be Forest.
- released in
- "Earthbeat" is a musical album of Sedition.
- released in (22 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Earthbeat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Frank Hoffmann
Winter's world music interests represent a political statement for the artist; Earthbeat (Living Music #0015; 1987), a collaboration with the Moscow-based Dimitri Potrovsky Singers comprised largely of traditional Russian songs, released during ...
1974-1982 by Nicholas Rombes
22; Viv Albertine quoted in Kris Needs, “The Slits,” ZigZag, August 1977; Tessa Pollitt interviewed by Gregory Mario, “Earthbeat: In the Beginning There Was a Rhythm,” available at www.3ammagazine.com; Viv Albertine quoted in Jon Savage, ...
Encyclopedia of the Blues (2005)
by Edward Komara
Natural Light (Earthbeat! CD-73830). Painting ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Earthbeat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Earthbeat
Lieb from Earthbeat!/Music for Little People
Lieb released several Eric Bibb albums and brought him to Humboldt...
Photo credit: Bob Doran
Scrabble value of E1A1R1T1H4B3E1A1T1
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EARTHBEAT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Earthbeat!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Earthbeat for some fun with words!