Eden appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Madam in Eden, I'm Adam.
- Madam, in Eden I'm Adam.
- Eve damned Eden, mad Eve.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun Eden:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun eden
What does eden mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- eden: -
- Eden: Edens
- any place of complete bliss and delight and peace
- a beautiful garden where Adam and Eve were placed at the Creation; when they disobeyed and ate the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil they were driven from their paradise (the fall of man)
- Eden is a city in Rockingham County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 15,527 at the 2010 census. The city was incorporated in 1967 through the consolidation of three separate towns: Leaksville, Spray, and Draper.
- Eden is a city in Concho County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,766 at the 2010 census. About half of the population consists of inmates housed at the Eden Detention Center, a for-profit prison operated by Corrections Corporation of America under contract with the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- Eden is a coastal town in the South Coast region of New South Wales, Australia. The town is 478 kilometres south of the state capital Sydney and is the most southerly town in New South Wales, located between Nullica Bay to the south and Calle Calle Bay, the northern reach of Twofold Bay, and built on undulating land adjacent to the third deepest natural harbour in the southern hemisphere, and Snug Cove on its western boundary. At the 2011 census, Eden had a population of 3,043.
- Eden is a town located south of Buffalo, in Erie County, New York, USA. The population was 7,688 at the 2010 census. The basis for choosing the town's name is unknown.
- Eden is a census-designated place in Weber County, Utah, United States. It lies between the North and Middle Fork of the Ogden River, north of Pineview Reservoir. The elevation is 4,941 feet. The population was 600 at the 2010 census. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 84310.
- Eden is a city in Jerome County, Idaho, United States. The population was 405 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Twin Falls, Idaho Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Eden is a village in Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 875 at the 2010 census. The village is located within the Town of Eden.
- Eden is a town in Lamoille County, Vermont, United States. The population was 1,152 at the 2000 census.
- also known as Eden, Vermont
- part of United States of America, Vermont, Lamoille County, Lamoille-3 Vermont Representative District, 2002–12
- Eden is a town in Marshall County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 89 at the 2010 census. Eden was founded at its current site in 1914. It was a merger of the towns of Old Eden and Frank, and was due to the coming of the railroad.
- Eden is a village in Yazoo County, Mississippi. The population was 126 at the 2000 census.
- Eden is a small unincorporated community in Graham County, Arizona, United States. It is part of the Safford Micropolitan Statistical Area. Eden has a ZIP Code of 85535; in 2000, the population of the 85535 ZCTA was 150.
- Eden is an unincorporated community in Green Township, Hancock County, Indiana. It is home to the headquarters of a large building materials company, which has an atrium full of taxidermed animals.
- Eden is a town in Iowa County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 397 at the 2000 census.
- Eden is a town in Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 979 at the 2000 census. The Village of Eden is located within the town. The unincorporated community of Marblehead is located also in the town.
- Eden is an unincorporated community in Ohio County, West Virginia, United States. It lies at an elevation of 797 feet.
- Eden a.k.a. Eden, Kansas: Eden is a small unincorporated community in Atchison County, Kansas, United States about 5 miles west and 5 miles north of Atchison. It lies at the present-day intersection of Labette Rd, 322nd Rd, and 326th Rd.
- read more about Eden, Kansas
- Eden a.k.a. Eden, Kentucky: Eden or Eden Stretch is an unincorporated community located in Butler County, Kentucky, in the United States.
- read more about Eden, Kentucky
- Eden is an unincorporated community in Logan Township, Peoria County, Illinois, United States. Eden is located on Eden Road and the Union Pacific Railroad 2 miles west of Hanna City.
- Eden a.k.a. Eden, Upshur County, West Virginia: Eden is an unincorporated community in Upshur County, West Virginia.
- read more about Eden, Upshur County, West Virginia
- Eden a.k.a. Eden, Boone County, West Virginia: Eden is an unincorporated community in Boone County, West Virginia.
- read more about Eden, Boone County, West Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like Eden Bay, Eden Roc, Eden Park, Eden Vale, Glen Eden, Eden Hills, Eden Rocks, Mount Eden, Castle Eden, Eden Garden, Eden Valley, East of Eden, Eden Gardens, Eden Prairie, Eden Project, Eden Cemetery, Eden District, Eden Township, Jardin d’Eden and Crosby-on-Eden.
Phrases with Eden
- Eden's Whale
- Jessica eden
- Aristias Eden
- garden of eden
- Chileolobus eden
- Coptoprepes eden
- Mecysmauchenius eden
- species Jessica eden
- Species Aristias Eden
- species Chileolobus eden
- species Coptoprepes eden
- species Mecysmauchenius eden
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Eden
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robin Feuer Miller
Eden is a past world in which the contradictions of the present world have not yet arisen; New Jerusalem is a future...
The Emerald Modem (2004)
A User's Guide to Earth's Interactive Energy Body by Richard Leviton
Here is the remarkable thing: Eden is a state of mind, a consciousness, perpetually available and reclaimable, and it is a geomantically tem-plated...
In archetypal terms, the Ofanim explain, “Eden is a primary patterning from the Architect of All That Is, the Mother-Father God.
William Blake and Gender (2005)
by Magnus Ankarsjö
Eden is the most mysterious of Blake's levels.
God's Beauty (2012)
A Call to Justice by Patrick T. McCormick
Eden is a riot of color and forms, a rainbow of creatures, pressed down and overflowing with bounty and beauty.
by G Gaskell
®Eden is a symbolical expression for correct and divine reason.
by Elizabeth Webber, Mike Feinsilber
Eden 170 In use again, by Democratic Senator Tom Daschle, quoted by the Associated Press, March 31, 1995: To cut off aid to children, to cut off aid to educational opportunities for children is, as we say in South Dakota, eating the seed corn.
by Robert W. Hamblin, Charles A. Peek
EDEN. Our understanding of the Edenic motif in American fiction stems largely from its articulation by three primary critics — R.W.B. Lewis, Leslie Fiedler, and D. H. Lawrence. According to Lewis, as well as numerous other literary historians , ...
Calmet's Great Dictionary of the Holy Bible: Sacred geography; or, A companion to the Holy Bible ... Originally composed by Edward Wells ... Now revised and corrected; also augmented by a series of geographical excursions ... Published under the direction of the editor of Calmet's Dictionary of the Holy Bible; intended as a fifth volume to that work (1817)
by Augustin Calmet
The word Eden, in Hebrew, according to its primary and common acceptation, denotes pleasure or delight. Whence the same word was applied in a secondary ...
A Blake Dictionary (2013)
The Ideas and Symbols of William Blake by S. Foster Damon
The EDEN of Genesis was the land in the east of which God planted a garden (" Paradise”) for the dwelling-place of the newly created Adam. It contained every tree that was beautiful or good for food, including the Tree of Life (immortality) and ...
A Dictionary of Correspondences, Representatives, and Significatives Derived from the Word of the Lord. Extracted from the Writings of E. Swedenborg. [Abridged Principally from The"Dictionary of Correspondences,"by G. Nicholson.] (1841)
by Emanuel Swedenborg, George NICHOLSON (Incumbent of Little Budworth.)
See Forest, Eden, Cast out.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Eden
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Eden
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Eden
Click on an item to play that video:
- Eden Meaning
Video shows what Eden means. A garden built by God as the home for Adam and Eve; sometimes identified as part of Mesopotamia. A paradise on Earth; ...
- Dawn Eden - Finding Meaning in Suffering
Author Dawn Eden...
- Mt. Eden Dubstep - Sierra Leone (1080p Highest Definition)
- Eden Pontificates on the Meaning of Ooogh
- Todd Bentley & Kevin Prosch - The language of Eden
2 -Todd Bentley & Kevin Prosch - The language of Eden.
- S4 League | [ESL] VoV vs Eden
Peace Guys!!! MIVI is here with a new video , so now you can see the second match from the second S4 League 2on2 team from Voices of Violence. Chered: ...
- Cruz & Eden's scene - Body language
1986 Episode 374.07.
- Language - Eden or Society
- E3 2010 Child OF Eden(look at description 4 info)
- A River Flows from Eden: The Language of Mystical Experience in the Zohar
See also the pronunciation examples of Eden!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Eden's Sign Language 2 - Bath
- Eden's Sign Language 1 - More, All Done
Eden signs 'More' and 'All done' at 10 months old.
- Eden's sign language 3 - Messy Pea-eater (all done, food, milk)
Eden signs 'all done' 'food' and 'milk'. She has signed milk since 9 months, 'all done' since 10 months and 'food' recently. She does say words, the signing isn't ...
- Eden singing with sign language
- Happy Birthday to 5 Year old Eden in American Sign Language
Quotes about Eden
Did the Harebell loose her girdle
To the lover Bee
Would the Bee the Harebell hallow
Much as formerly?
Did the "Paradise"—persuaded—
Yi eld her moat of pearl—
Would the Eden be an Eden,
Or the Earl—an Earl? (Emily Dickinson)
more quotes about eden...
Scrabble value of E1D2E1N1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EDEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Eden!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Eden to see it in context!