Edgar appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- "To lame his anal passage, drag desire in": no bonnier is Edgar Degas’s 'A Plan’ as I hem a lot.
- Sage, drag design iPods in as I trap a name now; as I saw one man a partisan is doping is Edgar Degas.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun edgar
- Other definitions of edgar
- Phrases with Edgar
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Edgar
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Edgar
- Photos about Edgar
- Videos about Edgar
- Quotes about Edgar
- Scrabble value of E1D2G2A1R1
- Anagrams of EDGAR
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun edgar
What does edgar mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Edgars
- the younger brother of Edwy who became king of Northumbria when it renounced Edwy; on Edwy's death he succeeded to the throne of England (944-975)
- examples: Let's meet Edgar Degas and look at his pictures with him. | Edgar Degas was luckier than many painters. | My name is Edgar Degas. | We have given Edgar Degas a voice that we hope suits him. | I am Edgar Degas. | Edgar de Wahl is the creator of Interlingue.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- instance of: King of England / King of Great Britain = the sovereign ruler of England
Other definitions of edgar
What does edgar also mean?
- Electronic Data-Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval, a system that performs automated collection, validation, indexing, acceptance, and forwarding of submissions by companies and others who are required by law to file forms with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC").
- Edgar [Ed-grr]is a village in Marathon County, Wisconsin, United States. It is part of the Wausau, Wisconsin Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1,479 at the 2010 census. Edgar has maintained Tree City USA standing since 1995.
- Edgar is a city in Clay County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 498 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Hastings, Nebraska Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Edgar a.k.a. Edgar, Montana: Edgar is a census-designated place and unincorporated community in Carbon County, Montana, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 114. Although it is unincorporated, Edgar has a post office with a ZIP code of 59026.
- read more about Edgar, Montana
- Edgar a.k.a. Edgar, Florida: Edgar is an unincorporated community in Putnam County, Florida, United States, located southwest of the town of Interlachen.
- read more about Edgar, Florida
- Edgar is a town in Ontario, 16 km northeast of Barrie, and 17 km southwest of Orillia. The community was named for John Edgar, pioneer.
- Edgar a.k.a. Edgar, California: Edgar is an unincorporated community in Imperial County, California. It is located on the San Diego and Arizona Eastern Railway 10 miles west of El Centro, at an elevation of 39 feet below sea level.
- read more about Edgar, California
- Edgar a.k.a. Edgar, Virginia: Edgar is an unincorporated community in Caroline County, in the U.S. state of Virginia.
- read more about Edgar, Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like Edgar County, Edgar Quinet, Edgar Springs, Edgar Township, Rand and Edgar Mural, Edgar Allan Poe Museum, Edgar Allan Poe Cottage and Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum.
Phrases with Edgar
Phrases starting with the word Edgar:
- edgar guest
- edgar allan poe
- edgar lee masters
- edgar albert guest
- edgar douglas adrian
- Edgar Rice Burroughs
Other phrases containing the word Edgar:
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Edgar
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Let Them Eat Shrimp (2011)
The Tragic Disappearance of the Rainforests of the Sea by K. P. Warne
As well as being a mangrove advocate, Edgar is a fruit lover who can spot a rare variety of banana from a hundred paces, so our trip...
Edgar is an aficionado of Ecuador's heirloom bananas, varieties that never see the hold of a container ship .
by Everette E. Dennis, Craig L. LaMay
Jim Edgar is the governor of Illinois. Title Goes Here* John Merrow ITEM: A popular reader for Reading, Writing, and Taxes ...
by J. Hector St. John de Crèvecoeur, Susan Manning
Edgar is the best sea-port, and the shire-town, and, as its soil is light and sandy, many of its inhabitants follow the example of the people of Nantucket. The town of Chilmark has no good harbour, but the land is excellent and no way inferior to ...
by S. A. Smith
Adrienne Lynn Edgar is an associate professor of Russian and.
by Tom Mack
Edgar, Walter B. (b. 1943). Historian, radio and television host, educator. Anyone living in South Carolina, newcomer or longtime resident, will encounter Walter Edgar in some form or another. Some meet him on ETV Radio by listening to the ...
by Robert L. Heath
EDGAR Online is an online subscription service (www.edgar-online.com) used to access a database of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) public filings. For a fee, investor relations and corporate public relations officers can gather ...
by Walter Edgar
Walter Edgar. Series. Editor's. Preface. The South Carolina Encyclopedia was published in 2006 to be a “people's encyclopedia,” a comprehensive singlevolume print reference for anything that anyone wanted to know about the Palmetto ...
by William Hughes, David Punter, Andrew Smith
These themes of the precariousness of human assumptions and of the irrationality of human impulses introduced in Wieland are developed most fully in Brown's fourth novel, Edgar Huntly. Edgar Huntly is ostensibly a murder mystery as the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Edgar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Edgar
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: photographer_edgar_teves_bien
AKA: Uncle Jesse
Photo credit: _tnz
Photo credit: TheoJunior
Photo credit: photographer_edgar_teves_bien
Photo credit: stannate
- Hiding Edgar
Photo credit: Rhett Sutphin
- Beaming Edgar
Photo credit: Rhett Sutphin
- Ian, Edgar
Photo credit: subterfu9e
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Edgar
Click on an item to play that video:
- EDGAR Meaning
Video shows what EDGAR means. Electronic Data-Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval, a system that performs automated collection, validation, indexing, ...
- Sayang - Parokya Ni Edgar (English Meaning)
- Why VGC Language School - Cynthia, Edgar & Jonas
There are several reasons why students from all over the world come to Vancouver, Canada, to study English at VGC Language School. In this video, students ...
- Edgar's verb
- Feeding Edgar (Please read full description before commenting.)
- Edgar - Description of Synaesthesia
- PKN6 - Quality education for all, not for foreign language schools... - Edgar Arakelyan
Pecha Kucha Night Yerevan Vol.6 Presentation: Quality education for all, not for foreign language schools... Presenter: Edgar Arakelyan...
- Edgar Lobaton - English as a Second Language
- Clase de Ingles (ESL) en el SAMA (Martha, Edgar, Erlin, Juan Carlos, y Rony)
- Edgar, Candance, and Emily Does Sigh Language Song
- Edgar de Gas ESL 1975
See also the pronunciation examples of Edgar!
Quotes about Edgar
Scrabble value of E1D2G2A1R1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EDGAR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Edgar!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Edgar to see it in context!