Edith appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Edith, cold-eyed, eyed loch tide.
On this page:
- Edith a.k.a. Nina Hartley is an American pornographic actress, pornographic film director, sex educator, sex-positive feminist, and author.
- read more about Nina Hartley
- Edith Durbin is the sister of Deanna Durbin.
Edith is a musical group.
- albums: "A Space Between Ever And Never", "Dreams", "Ice", "Livetime"
- Edith is a fictional character from the Despicable Me film series.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 1965 film The Rabbit Is Me.
- Edith is a fictional character in the 2010 film Balls.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 2000 film The New Country.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 1963 film The Big City.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 2008 film Fear Me Not.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 2014 film History of Fear.
- Edith is a ficitonal character from the 1960 film Kapò.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 1949 film Jour de Fête.
- Edith a.k.a. Édith is a fictional character from the 2004 drama film Look at Me.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 2011 short drama film Infinity.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 1999 film Tea with Mussolini.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 1983 film The Pirates of Penzance.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 1967 film Woman Times Seven, segment Super Simone.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 2006 film TxT.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 1913 film The Tale of the Ticker.
- Edith is a fictional character from the 1973 film The Hireling.
There are other characters with in their name, like Edith Head, Edith Piaf, Edith Evans, Edith Frank, Edith Green, Edith Stein, Edith Bunker, Edith Cavell, Edith Chapin, Edith Heller, Edith Hughes, Edith Rogers, Edith Iglauer, Edith Massola, Edith Marécaux, Edith Roosevelt, Edith Hollander-Frank.
"Edith" is a composition, cataloged instance.
Edith a.k.a. Edith, Texas is a ghost town in Coke County, Texas, eight miles west of Robert Lee on Highway 158. The population never really grew much, as the estimated 25 residents had left by the 1970s.
- read more about Edith, Texas
Edith is a female given name, derived from the Old English words ead, meaning 'riches or blessed', and gyð, meaning 'war', and is in common usage in this form in English, German, many Scandinavian languages and Dutch. Its French form, also a common name in French, is Édith. Contractions and variations of this name include Ditte, Edie and Edythe.
Phrases with Edith
Phrases starting with the word Edith:
- edith cavell
- edith wharton
- Edith's Copper
- edith louisa cavell
- Edith's Checkerspot
- Edith's Leaf-Eared Mouse
- edith newbold jones wharton
Phrases ending with the word Edith:
Other phrases containing the word Edith:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Edith
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
THE POST OFFICE DIRECTORY OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE, HEREFORDSHIRE, SHROPSHIRE, AND THE CITY OF BRISTOL, WITH MAPS ENGRAVED ESPRESSLY FOT THE WORK (1863)
Edith is a plain stone building, with a fine tower and lofty spire. The register dates back to the reign of Queen Elizabeth. The living is a rectory, with the curacy of Westhide attached, value about £500; the Rev. William Henry ...
by Greta Heintzelman, Alycia Smith Howard
CHARACTERS Jelkes, Miss Edith Edith is a traveling painter staying at a resort in ...
Beauty Shop for Rent (2007)
. . . fully equipped, inquire within by Laura Bowers
Edith is a good tipper, and ...
A Tennyson Dictionary (1967)
The Characters and Place-names Contained in the Poetical and Dramatic Works of the Poet, Alphabetically Arranged and Described with Synopses of the Poems and Plays by Arthur E. Baker
EDITH. Eadgyth Swanneshals (Edith of the Swan's neck)...
EDITH. See Alymer. Aylmer's Field. EDITH. Wife of the impetuous boy lover mentioned in Locksley Hall.
by Edith Wen-Chu Chen
Edith Wen-Chu Chen Grace J. Yoo. of Asian Americans are employed in the service industry, including restaurants and casinos, the enactment of indoor air ordinances will protect the employees' right not to be exposed to environmental ...
by Gregory Eiselein, Anne K. Phillips
Reflecting LMA's love of the stage, the story first introduces the "dramatis personae": cousins Jasper and the crippled Maurice Treherne; the glamorous Edith Snowden; and the ingenuous Octavia Treherne, sister of Jasper. LMA focuses on the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Edith
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of E1D2I1T1H4
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EDITH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Edith!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Edith to see it in context!