Elfin appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Yawn if Lena, Nina, or Gina call: "Ella, can I groan in an elfin way?"
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective elfin
- Phrases with Elfin
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Elfin
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Elfin
- Photos about Elfin
- Video about Elfin
- Quotes about Elfin
- Scrabble value of E1L1F4I1N1
- Anagrams of ELFIN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective elfin
What does elfin mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- suggestive of an elf in strangeness and otherworldliness
- small and delicate
- relating to or made or done by or as if by an elf
- examples: elfin bells | all the little creatures joined in the elfin dance
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
- usually good-naturedly mischievous
Alternative definition of the adjective elfin
- Relating to or resembling an elf, especially in its tiny size or features.
- synonym: elvish
Elfin is a make of automobile produced by Elfin Sports Cars Pty Ltd.
- Elfin: The steamboat Elfin operated on Lake Washington and Puget Sound from 1891 to 1900. The vessel served as an important transportation link in the area when roads and railways were poor or non-existent, and there were no bridges across the lake.
- ELFIN: Electron Losses and Fields Investigation is a nanosatellite in development at University of California, Los Angeles. ELFIN is a 3U CubeSat designed to study space weather, specifically, the loss of relativistic electrons in the radiation belts.
- also known as Electron Losses and Fields Investigation
- Elfin a.k.a. PDZ and LIM domain 1 (elfin) is a gene.
- also known as carboxy terminal LIM domain protein 1, enigma homolog
Phrases with Elfin
Phrases starting with the word Elfin:
- Elfin Wood
- Elfin saddle
- Elfin Safety
- Elfin Skimmer
- Elfin Tree Fern
- Elfin Woods Warbler
- Elfin-Woods Warbler
Phrases ending with the word Elfin:
- Bog Elfin
- Pine Elfin
- Brown Elfin
- Hoary Elfin
- Moss' Elfin
- Desert Elfin
- Frosted Elfin
- Henry's Elfin
- San Bruno Elfin
- Eastern Pine Elfin
- Western Pine Elfin
Other phrase containing the word Elfin:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Elfin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Celtic Encyclopedia (1998)
by Harry Mountain
NAME Elfin ALTERNATIVE The Little People / Fay folk / Clashtyn FORM small mystical human (4 - 5 ft) (1.5 m) COUNTRY Scotland / Ireland / England / Isle of Man REMARKS Elfin were tiny, delicate beautiful people of good proportion. At one ...
by Teodor Flonta
Elfin corona la obra. Elfin hace el todo. P. O fim coroa a obra. R. Sfârşitullaudă începutul. La toate urma alege. Sim. The end tries all / The evening crowns the day.
by Michael Allaby
elfin. wood. A *facies of tropical upper *montane or subalpine forest, with dwarfed and gnarled trees, that grows on extreme or exposed.
by Alberto Manguel, Gianni Guadalupi
ELFHAME, an Elfin Kingdom beneath a hill near the Eskdalemuir Observatory on the Scottish border. The hill is almost perfectly round and ...
by Donald Haase
Gods and heroes — reduced in stature and importance as new beliefs supersede old ones — become the elfin peoples. Euhemerists (believers in an historical basis for myth and folklore) suggest that fairies are derived from folk memories of ...
Three Volume Set by John A Matthews
NDB elfin woodland A MONTANE FOREST formation of stunted stature (probably due to wind stress in exposed locations) that occurs at high altitude on mountains in SUBTROPICAL and TROPICAL ENVIRONMENTS. It is sometimes used as ...
by Diane Langmore
Renaming the firm Elfin Sports Cars Pty Ltd, Cooper manufactured more Streamliners and a string of other models, including the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Elfin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Elfin
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ChodHound
Photo credit: thomasrdotorg
Two Exmoor ponies are currently on loan to Bredhurst Woodland Action Group from Kent Wildlife Trust. The ponies are grazing land to help restore it to the chalk grassland it once was.
Photo credit: Jack Picknell
Elfin at the Clipsal 500 race at Adelaide, South Australia.
Photo credit: racin jason
- Beale Elfin
Photo credit: Bud Petal
- Elfin & Ruldolph!
Photo credit: ohefin
- Elfin Lakes
Photo credit: jessicanicklen
- Elfin Clubman racer
As driven by Tony D'Alberto. This is a 330Kw V8 weighing under 900Kgs. It is, simply put, freakin' mental.
Photo credit: thomasrdotorg
- Elfin Ranger's Station
Photo credit: keepitsurreal
- Elfin Streetgoer
By the magic Tower of Car Washing.
Photo credit: CarbonNYC [in SF!]
- Elfin Forrest
Photo credit: NullSynapse
- Moss's Elfin
Callophrys mossii found at Bass Creek NRA (Lolo National Forest) near Florence, MT.
Photo credit: Striking
View more pictures about Elfin saddle.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Elfin
Video shows what elfin means. An elf; an inhabitant of fairy-land.. A little urchin or child.. elfin pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Elfin!
Quotes about Elfin
It’s a small town.
It’s only a suburb.
But it’s a nice suburb.
Sometimes a suburb
can be a nice place to see.
Flowering free kiwi city
of botanic elfin trees.
city of New Zealand.
(Terence George Craddock)
more quotes about elfin...
Scrabble value of E1L1F4I1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ELFIN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Elfin!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Elfin to see it in context!