Elves appears in the following tongue twister:
- Elizabeth has eleven elves in her elm tree.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun elves
What does elves mean as a name of something?
- an acronym for emissions of light and very low frequency perturbations due to electromagnetic pulse sources; extremely bright extremely short (less than a msec) electrical flashes forming a huge ring (up to 400 km diameter) in the ionosphere
- examples: Elves are Santa's little helpers. | The lord of the elves will cross the sea only if the lord of Mordor is defeated. | Elves have pointy ears. | Elves are very beautiful. | Elves are very mean.
- lexical domain: Natural Phenomena - nouns denoting natural phenomena
- more generic term: atmospheric electricity = electrical discharges in the atmosphere
Alternative definition of the noun elves
- Plural of elf.
"Elves" is a 1989 American horror film directed by Jeffrey Mandel and starring Dan Haggerty, Deanna Lund and Ken Carpenter.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Mark Paglia
- executive producers: Jerry Graham, John Fitzgerald, Dale Mitchell
- production design by Kari Stewart
- written by Jeffrey Mandel
- Dan Haggerty as Mike McGavin
- Julie Austin as Kirsten
- Deanna Lund as Kirsten's Mother
- Borah Silver as Kirsten's Grandfather
- Mansell Rivers-Bland as Rubinkreuz
- Christopher Graham as Willy
- Laura Lichstein as Brooke
- Stacey Dye as Amy
- Winter Monk as Kurt
- Jeff Austin as Emil
- Allen Lee as Dr. Fitzgerald
- Paul Rohrer as Professor O'Conner
- Ken Carpenter as Shaver
- Michael Tatlock as Hugh Reed
- Michael Herst as Sgt. DeSoto
- Chris Hamner as Kevin
- D.L. Walker as Dave
- James Albert as Mark
- Douglas K. Grimm as Dead Santa
- Bob Holland as Wino
- casting by Gerald I. Wolff
- cinematography by Kenny Carmack
- edited by Tom Matthies
- music by Vladimir Horunzhy
- genre: Horror
- tagline: They don't work for Santa anymore!
- released on (25 years ago)
Elves is a fictional character from 2006 film Tanghi Argentini.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Elves
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Secrets of the Dragon Riders (2010)
Your Favorite Authors on Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle by James A. Owen
Writing about elves is a two-edged sword: On the So to begin at the beginning, sort of: according to.
by Jeffrey Andrew Weinstock
Our earliest solid evidence for beliefs about elves comes from the second half of the first millennium CE, in texts written by churchmen in Germanic languages. Narratives featuring elves as protagonists are few, however, until the early modern ...
by Kathy Charner, Maureen Murphy
Five little elves went out to play Over the hills and far away. When Santa Claus called, "Ho, ho, ho, ho!" Only four little elves went home real slow. Four little elves went out to play Over the hills and far away. When Santa Claus called, "Ho, ho, ...
by Raven Grimassi
ELVES are creatures that figure prominently in the lore of Europe, particularly in England, Scotland, and Scandinavia.
by Vidrine, Beverly Barras
Elves. Elves are pictured as tiny old-looking people. Christmas elves often wear red suits. It is said that they make toys in Santa's workshop at the North Pole . Epiphany. The last day of the Christmas season is called Epiphany. This feast is ...
J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia (2007)
Scholarship and Critical Assessment by Michael D. C. Drout
Tolkien chooses to reincarnate Elves who die because they are a part of the Story and cannot escape it, whereas men, who are mortal, have the gift of death ( which they often consider a curse) that allows them to leave the Story and become ...
by Margo DeMello
THE ELVES AND THE ...
by Theresa Bane
Rural elves live in caverns, fields, mountains and wilderness. TROOPING FAIRIES are small, benevolent, and kind, freely helping humans, whereas solitary fairies have a tendency to be injurious and if they choose to assist a person will set a ...
3000 Entries on the Mystical and Occult Traditions by Nevill Drury
Elf See Elves. Elfill Elf-like. Having similar qualities to elves. Eliade, Mircea (1907 -1986) Romanian- born authority on comparative religion and mysticism who was professor of the history of religions at the University of Chicago. A remarkably ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Elves
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Elves
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Elves
Elves Are The Definition Of Awesome
See also the pronunciation examples of Elves!
Quotes about Elves
Scrabble value of E1L1V4E1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ELVES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Elves!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Elves to see it in context!