On this page:
- Definition of the verb emigrate
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Emigrate
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Emigrate
- Photos about Emigrate
- Video about Emigrate
- Quotes about Emigrate
- Scrabble value of E1M3I1G2R1A1T1E1
- Anagrams of EMIGRATE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb emigrate
What does emigrate mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: emigrated | emigrating | emigrates
- leave one's country of residence for a new one
- example: Many people had to emigrate during the Nazi period
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- antonym: immigrate
- more generic words: migrate / transmigrate = move from one country or region to another and settle there
- more specific word: expatriate = move away from one's native country and adopt a new residence abroad
- entailment: go away / go forth / leave = go away from a place
Alternative definition of the verb emigrate
- [intransitive] To leave the country in which one lives, especially one's native country, in order to reside elsewhere.
- antonym: immigrate
Emigrate is a European alternative metal band based in New York, led by Richard Z. Kruspe, the lead guitarist of the Neue Deutsche Härte band Rammstein.
- genres: Alternative metal, Industrial metal, Heavy metal, Alternative rock, Hard rock, Industrial rock
- albums: "Emigrate", "New York City", "Temptation", "Silent So Long"
- official website: www.emigrate.eu
"Emigrate": Emigrate is the first full-length self-titled studio album by the European band Emigrate. This album was released August 31, 2007 in Europe and was released in the United States and in Australia on January 29, 2008 but still has no Worldwide release dates.
- genres: Alternative metal, Industrial metal, Alternative rock, Industrial rock
- released on (8 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Emigrate
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Raymond Taras
A key reason underlying such differentiated rights is the assumption that decid~ ing to emigrate is a conscious and free choice made by people that implicitly or explicitly acknowledges the need to adapt to a new environment.40 Not making an ...
Essays by John Lucas
If Tom Arnold's decision to emigrate is a collapse into an amalgam of evasion and utopianism, we should not underestimate the radical integrity which made it seem the ...
Concepts, Methods, and Applications by André Grow, Jan Van Bavel
The probability that an individual of a given age did not yet develop an intention to emigrate is the empirical survival function of Xi. The non-parametric method ( Kaplan-Meier estimator) is used to estimate the empirical survival function.
A Compendium of Mistakes in Grammar, Usage, and Spelling with Commentary on Lexicographers and Linguists by Robert Hartwell Fiske
emigrate Misused for immigrate. t # VTI BOOPVODFE 'SJEBZ UIBU IJT government would tighten a ban on American ...
by Rafael Medoff, Chaim I. Waxman
During the late 1950s, the Romanian authorities permitted Jews to emigrate to Israel, and 96,000 did so.
by G. Johannes Botterweck, Helmer Ringgren
P In the other Semitic languages, the verb means “to open," “make manifest," or “ emigrate," “go into exile," and the nouns are rendered by “colony of emigrants," or by “exile" or “exiles." 2. In the OT. The verb occurs about 180 times in Biblical ...
by Bryan A. Garner
immigrate; emigrate. Immigrate - to migrate into or enter (a country ). Emigrate = to migrate away from or exit (a country). Perhaps it is indicative of the relative worth of the two forms of government that before the Soviet Union ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Emigrate
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Emigrate
Click on an item to view that photo:
Can't even afford to emigrate
Photo credit: Paul C Reynolds
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Emigrate
Video shows what emigrate means. To leave the country in which one lives, especially one's native country, in order to reside elsewhere.. Emigrate Meaning.
See also the pronunciation examples of Emigrate!
Quotes about Emigrate
Scrabble value of E1M3I1G2R1A1T1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EMIGRATE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Emigrate!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Emigrate to see it in context!