|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun entrapment
What does entrapment mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: entrapments
- a defense that claims the defendant would not have broken the law if not tricked into doing it by law enforcement officials
Alternative definition of the noun entrapment
- The state of being entrapped.
- [legal] Action by law enforcement personnel to lead an otherwise innocent person to commit a crime, in order to arrest and prosecute that person for the crime.
- [chemistry] A method of isolating specific cells or molecules from a mixture, especially by immobilization on a gel.
- "Entrapment" is a 1999 American caper film directed by Jon Amiel and starring Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- also known as Verlockende Falle, Capcana pentru hot, 將計就計
- countries: United States of America, United Kingdom, Germany
- language: English Language
- producers: Sean Connery, Michael Hertzberg, Rhonda Tollefson
- executive producers: Ronald Bass, Arnon Milchan, Iain Smith
- production design by Norman Garwood
- art direction by Kevin Phipps, Jim Morahan, Keith Pain
- written by Ronald Bass & William Broyles, Jr.
- based on a story by Ronald Bass & Michael Hertzberg
- Sean Connery as Robert MacDougall
- Catherine Zeta-Jones as Virginia Baker
- Ving Rhames as Aaron Thibadeaux
- Will Patton as Hector Cruz
- Maury Chaykin as Conrad Greene
- Terry O'Neill as Quinn
- Kevin McNally as Haas
- Madhav Sharma as Security Chief
- David Yip as Chief of Police
- Tim Potter as Millennium Man
- Eric Meyers as Waverly Technician
- Aaron Swartz as Cruz's Man
- William Marsh as Computer Technician
- Tony Xu as Banker
- Rolf Saxon as Director
- Tom Clarke Hill as Operator
- David Howard as Technician
- Stuart Ong as Doctor
- Ravin J. Ganatra as 1st Security Guard
- Rhydian Jai-Persad as 2nd Security Guard
- Hari Dhillon as 3rd Security Guard
- Kee Thuan Chye as Trader #1
- Harry Fielder as Stallholder
- Craig Fong as Gangster
- casting by Donna Isaacson & Michelle Guish
- cinematography by Phil Méheux
- edited by Terry Rawlings
- music by Christopher Young
- costume design by Penny Rose
- set decoration by Anna Pinnock
- locations: Blenheim Palace, Eilean Donan Castle
- genres: Crime Fiction, Thriller, Action Film, Adventure Film
- tagline: The trap is set.
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (15 years ago)
- Razzie Award for Worst Actress nomination for Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Razzie Award for Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble nomination for Sean Connery & Catherine Zeta-Jones
- European Film Awards Audience Award for Best Actor nomination for Sean Connery
- European Film Audience Award for Best Actress nomination for Catherine Zeta-Jones
- European Film Awards Audience Award for Best Actor, received by Sean Connery
- European Film Audience Award for Best Actress, received by Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Actress - Action, received by Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "Entrapment": In a story ripped from today’s headlines, Entrapment highlights the ongoing struggle between New York City's gay community and the police department. Dimitri Romanov stars as an innocent bystander, roped into a sick game of cat and mouse. Only through sheer force of sexual will can he survive his imprisonment and sexual manipulation.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- directors: mr. Pam & Michael Lucas
- producer: Michael Lucas
- cinematography by mr. Pam
- genre: Gay pornography
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Entrapment" is a musical album of Christopher Young, soundtrack.
- also known as Entrapment Soundtrack
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Entrapment" is a musical single of Apex.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Entrapment" is a musical album of Big Remo.
- released on (4 years ago)
Entrapment is a musical group.
- albums: "The Obscurity Within...", "Pyre / Entrapment", "Lamentations of the Flesh"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Entrapment
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Fay
Entrapment is not something for which one might be punished or even admonished. Entrapment is nothing more than a criminal defense. Because entrapment is a criminal defense, only the government can entrap. What's more, the defense of ...
A Practical Guide to Law, Policy, and Procedure by Dennis G. Fitzgerald
Although entrapment is a complete defense to a crime, it is extremely difficult for the defense to prove. While undercover agents and agents controlling informants should use caution as they develop a criminal case to avoid entrapment issues, ...
by Paul Finkelman
Entrapment is a defense to criminal charges based on the idea that the defendant was induced to commit the crime by...
by Joanna M. Bassert, Dennis M. McCurnin
TECHNICIAN NOTE Epiglottic entrapment is a condition wherein the aryepiglottic membrane that extends from the arytenoid cartilage to the ventral surface of the epiglottis hypertrophies and rolls upward to envelop the rostral and abaxial ...
Private Security Law (1993)
Case Studies by David Maxwell
Entrapment is the act of officers or agents of the government in inducing persons to commit crimes not contemplated by them for the purpose of instituting criminal prosecutions. This occurs when the criminal design originates ...
100 Nights in the Dark (2000)
A Collection of Contemporary Film Reviews and Essays by Joe Barlow
ENTRAPMENT (*** out of a possible ****) STARRING: Sean Connery, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Ving Rhames, Will Patton DIRECTOR: John Amiel WRITERS: Ron Bass, William Broyles RATED: PG-13 RELEASED: 1999 Entrapment is a sneaky ...
by Michael Whitman, Herbert Mattord, Andrew Green
Entrapment is the action of luring an individual into committing a crime to get a conviction. Enticement is legal and ethical, whereas entrapment is not. It is difficult to gauge the effect such a system can have on the average user, especially if the ...
by Jerome P. Bjelopera, Mark A. Randol (au)
Entrapment is an affirmative defense in which the defendant has the burden of proof. It excuses a criminal defendant from liability for crimes proved to have been induced by certain governmental persuasion or deceit. To claim inducement, a ...
by Vincent N. Parrillo
persuasive power of the tactics used by law enforcement personnel to determine whether an entrapment defense will prevail. Its aim is not to excuse defendants but to monitor police behavior so that it adheres to acceptable standards of ...
by Roger Bartlett, Chris Gratton, Christer Rolf
NERVE ENTRAPMENT is important to know whether the nerve is occasionally impinged in certain anatomic positions or actually entrapped permanently by surrounding tissues. It follows that a nerve can be entrapped virtually in any location ...
by David Mellinkoff
entrap o entrapment entrap: an old synonym for the common verb trap, with a special emphasis on using guile to get someone into your power. The verb and the common noun entrapment (the action or ...
by Margaret E. Beare
One major disadvantage of sting operations is that, during ensuing litigation, a defense attorney will frequently attempt to assert an “entrapment” defense. Even if the defense is unsuccessful, law enforcement will be subject to unfavorable ...
Encyclopedia of Soil Science (2008)
by Ward Chesworth
Entrapment of air As water moves into the porous medium, it displaces most of the air ahead of its path, but it also manages to trap a fraction of it. How such entrapment takes place can be qualitatively understood by considering a system of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Entrapment
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Entrapment
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Natashi Jay
Photo credit: geyergus
Photo credit: jurvetson
Photo credit: Kurayba
Model: Sammie Lesley
A-level work - In preperation to the images to the left.
Photo credit: simonlesleyphoto
- Rust Entrapment
Watts Lens, Big Up Film, No Flash
Photo credit: Fairy Heart ♥
- Stop Police Entrapment
Photo credit: Daquella manera
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of E1N1T1R1A1P3M3E1N1T1
The value of this 10-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Entrapment to see it in context!