|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun entrapment
What does entrapment mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: entrapments
- a defense that claims the defendant would not have broken the law if not tricked into doing it by law enforcement officials
Alternative definition of the noun entrapment
- The state of being entrapped.
- [legal] Action by law enforcement personnel to lead an otherwise innocent person to commit a crime, in order to arrest and prosecute that person for the crime.
- [chemistry] A method of isolating specific cells or molecules from a mixture, especially by immobilization on a gel.
- "Entrapment" is a 1999 American caper film directed by Jon Amiel and starring Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- also known as Verlockende Falle, Capcana pentru hot
- countries: United States of America, Germany, United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producers: Sean Connery, Rhonda Tollefson, Michael Hertzberg
- executive producers: Ronald Bass, Arnon Milchan, Iain Smith
- production design by Norman Garwood
- art direction by Kevin Phipps, Jim Morahan, Keith Pain
- written by William Broyles Jr. & Ronald Bass
- based on a story by Ronald Bass & Michael Hertzberg
- Sean Connery as Robert MacDougall
- Catherine Zeta-Jones as Virginia Baker
- Ving Rhames as Aaron Thibadeaux
- Will Patton as Hector Cruz
- Maury Chaykin as Conrad Greene
- Terry O'Neill as Quinn
- Kevin McNally as Haas
- Madhav Sharma as Security Chief
- David Yip as Chief of Police
- Tim Potter as Millennium Man
- Eric Meyers as Waverly Technician
- Aaron Swartz as Cruz's Man
- William Marsh as Computer Technician
- Tony Xu as Banker
- Rolf Saxon as Director
- Tom Clarke Hill as Operator
- David Howard as Technician
- Stuart Ong as Doctor
- Ravin J. Ganatra as 1st Security Guard
- Rhydian Jai-Persad as 2nd Security Guard
- Hari Dhillon as 3rd Security Guard
- Kee Thuan Chye as Trader #1
- Harry Fielder as Stallholder
- Craig Fong as Gangster
- casting by Michelle Guish & Donna Isaacson
- cinematography by Phil Meheux
- edited by Terry Rawlings
- music by Christopher Young
- costume design by Penny Rose
- set decoration by Anna Pinnock
- locations: Blenheim Palace, Eilean Donan Castle
- genres: Crime Fiction, Thriller, Action Film, Adventure Film
- tagline: The trap is set.
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (14 years ago)
- Razzie Award for Worst Actress nomination for Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Razzie Award for Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble nomination for Catherine Zeta-Jones & Sean Connery
- European Film Awards Audience Award for Best Actor nomination for Sean Connery
- European Film Audience Award for Best Actress nomination for Catherine Zeta-Jones
- European Film Awards Audience Award for Best Actor, received by Sean Connery
- European Film Audience Award for Best Actress, received by Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Actress - Action, received by Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "Entrapment": In a story ripped from today’s headlines, Entrapment highlights the ongoing struggle between New York City's gay community and the police department. Dimitri Romanov stars as an innocent bystander, roped into a sick game of cat and mouse. Only through sheer force of sexual will can he survive his imprisonment and sexual manipulation.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- directors: mr. Pam & Michael Lucas
- producer: Michael Lucas
- cinematography by mr. Pam
- genre: Gay pornography
- released in (5 years ago)
- "Entrapment" is a musical album of Christopher Young, soundtrack.
- also known as Entrapment Soundtrack
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Entrapment" is a musical single of Apex.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Entrapment" is a musical album of Big Remo.
- released on
- albums: "The Obscurity Within...", "Pyre / Entrapment"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Entrapment
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Fay
Entrapment is not something for which one might be punished or even admonished. Entrapment is nothing more than a criminal defense. Because entrapment is a criminal defense, only the government can entrap. What's more, the defense of ...
by Eugene F. Ferraro
Because entrapment is a criminal defense, only the government can entrap someone. An employer cannot entrap an employee, a private undercover investigator in the workplace cannot entrap a co-worker, and a private investigator cannot ...
A Practical Guide to Law, Policy, and Procedure by Dennis G. Fitzgerald
Although entrapment is a complete defense to a crime, it is extremely difficult for the defense to prove. While undercover agents and agents controlling informants should use caution as they develop a criminal case to avoid entrapment issues, ...
by Paul Finkelman
Entrapment is a defense to criminal charges based on the idea that the defendant was induced to commit the crime by...
Private Security Law (1993)
Case Studies by David Maxwell
Entrapment is the act of officers or agents of the government in inducing persons to commit crimes not contemplated by them for the purpose of instituting criminal prosecutions. This occurs when the criminal design originates ...
The Entrapment Defense (2013)
by Paul Marcus
Entrapment is an area of the law where the Supreme Court decisions have overwhelmingly dominated the jurisprudence. The lower courts in the federal system have had to apply and shape the law, and state courts have looked to the United ...
by Ronald Bacigal
Entrapment is an affirmative defense because the defendant usually admits to committing the offense but nonetheless seeks to avoid conviction and punishment. The entrapment defense focuses on whether the defendant was induced to ...
by Marc Safran, James E. Zachazewski, David A. Stone
DESCRIPTION Medial plantar nerve entrapment is a nerve disorder in the foot that causes pain and occasionally loss of feeling in the foot involving the first (big) and second toes.
Learn to Write and Interpret Police Reports by Patrick Morley
” Thus, entrapment is a common defense. Entrapment is defined as in criminal law,
Tunnel Syndromes (2001)
by Marko M. Pecina, Andrew D. Markiewitz, Jelena Krmpotic-Nemanic
20–23 Suprascapular nerve entrapment is an infrequently observed disorder that is often misdiagnosed. The manner of presentation of this syndrome depends on the ...
by Vincent N. Parrillo
persuasive power of the tactics used by law enforcement personnel to determine whether an entrapment defense will prevail. Its aim is not to excuse defendants but to monitor police behavior so that it adheres to acceptable standards of ...
by Roger Bartlett, Chris Gratton, Christer Rolf
NERVE ENTRAPMENT is important to know whether the nerve is occasionally impinged in certain anatomic positions or actually entrapped permanently by surrounding tissues. It follows that a nerve can be entrapped virtually in any location ...
by Arthur T. Hubbard
physical adsorption micro-encapsulation covalent linking entrapment cross- linking entrapment in conductive polymers tective membrane that is permeable for the analyte but impermeable for microorganisms and large molecules such as ...
by Margaret E. Beare
One major disadvantage of sting operations is that, during ensuing litigation, a defense attorney will frequently attempt to assert an “entrapment” defense. Even if the defense is unsuccessful, law enforcement will be subject to unfavorable ...
Encyclopedia of Soil Science (2008)
by Ward Chesworth
Entrapment of air As water moves into the porous medium, it displaces most of the air ahead of its path, but it also manages to trap a fraction of it. How such entrapment takes place can be qualitatively understood by considering a system of ...
by P. Somasundaran
They can be divided loosely into three major groups by the type of the retention forces involved: physical adsorption, entrapment (in polymeric gel or microcapsules), and binding (cross- linking and binding to functionalized supports). However ...
by Lawrence M. Salinger
The defense most commonly raised in undercover law enforcement “stings” is entrapment.
As a legal matter, entrapment occurs when government agents act in a way that induces and encourages a crime by making false representations ...
by William F. Perrin, Bernd Wursig, J. G.M. Thewissen
Entrapment. and. Entanglement. JON. LIEN. Fishermen use a variety of techniques to capture fish. A common method is the use of gill nets that hang passively in the water, like curtains, and ensnare fish ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Entrapment
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Entrapment
Click on an item to view that photo:
sculpture garden bench
Photo credit: marc falardeau
Box of Hexagons...
Photo credit: TMAB2003
Photo credit: geyergus
Photo credit: jurvetson
Photo credit: Natashi Jay
Model: Sammie Lesley
A-level work - In preperation to the images to the left.
Photo credit: simonlesleyphoto
- Rust Entrapment
Watts Lens, Big Up Film, No Flash
Photo credit: Fairy Heart ♥
- Stop Police Entrapment
Photo credit: Daquella manera
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of E1N1T1R1A1P3M3E1N1T1
The value of this 10-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Entrapment to see it in context!