|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun entrapment
What does entrapment mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: entrapments
- a defense that claims the defendant would not have broken the law if not tricked into doing it by law enforcement officials
Alternative definition of the noun entrapment
- The state of being entrapped.
- [legal] Action by law enforcement personnel to lead an otherwise innocent person to commit a crime, in order to arrest and prosecute that person for the crime.
- [chemistry] A method of isolating specific cells or molecules from a mixture, especially by immobilization on a gel.
- "Entrapment" is a 1999 American caper film directed by Jon Amiel and starring Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- also known as Verlockende Falle, Capcana pentru hot, 將計就計
- countries: United States of America, United Kingdom, Germany
- language: English Language
- producers: Sean Connery, Michael Hertzberg, Rhonda Tollefson
- executive producers: Ronald Bass, Arnon Milchan, Iain Smith
- production design by Norman Garwood
- art direction by Kevin Phipps, Jim Morahan, Keith Pain
- written by Ronald Bass & William Broyles, Jr.
- based on a story by Ronald Bass & Michael Hertzberg
- Sean Connery as Robert MacDougall
- Catherine Zeta-Jones as Virginia Baker
- Ving Rhames as Aaron Thibadeaux
- Will Patton as Hector Cruz
- Maury Chaykin as Conrad Greene
- Terry O'Neill as Quinn
- Kevin McNally as Haas
- Madhav Sharma as Security Chief
- David Yip as Chief of Police
- Tim Potter as Millennium Man
- Eric Meyers as Waverly Technician
- Aaron Swartz as Cruz's Man
- William Marsh as Computer Technician
- Tony Xu as Banker
- Rolf Saxon as Director
- Tom Clarke Hill as Operator
- David Howard as Technician
- Stuart Ong as Doctor
- Ravin J. Ganatra as 1st Security Guard
- Rhydian Jai-Persad as 2nd Security Guard
- Hari Dhillon as 3rd Security Guard
- Kee Thuan Chye as Trader #1
- Harry Fielder as Stallholder
- Craig Fong as Gangster
- casting by Donna Isaacson & Michelle Guish
- cinematography by Phil Méheux
- edited by Terry Rawlings
- music by Christopher Young
- costume design by Penny Rose
- set decoration by Anna Pinnock
- locations: Blenheim Palace, Eilean Donan Castle
- genres: Crime Fiction, Thriller, Action Film, Adventure Film
- tagline: The trap is set.
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (15 years ago)
- Razzie Award for Worst Actress nomination for Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Razzie Award for Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble nomination for Sean Connery & Catherine Zeta-Jones
- European Film Awards Audience Award for Best Actor nomination for Sean Connery
- European Film Audience Award for Best Actress nomination for Catherine Zeta-Jones
- European Film Awards Audience Award for Best Actor, received by Sean Connery
- European Film Audience Award for Best Actress, received by Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Actress - Action, received by Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "Entrapment" is an award-nominated film, directed by mr. Pam & Michael Lucas.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Michael Lucas
- cinematography by mr. Pam
- genre: Gay pornography
- released in (6 years ago)
"Entrapment" is a book by Kylie Brant.
"Entrapment" is an artwork by Shirley Ardell Mason.
- "Entrapment" is a musical album of Christopher Young, soundtrack.
- also known as Entrapment Soundtrack
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Entrapment" is a musical single of Apex.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Entrapment" is a musical album of Big Remo.
- released on (4 years ago)
Entrapment is a musical group.
- albums: "The Obscurity Within...", "Pyre / Entrapment", "Lamentations of the Flesh"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Entrapment
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Dempsey, Linda Forst
Entrapment is a defense to criminal responsibility that arises from improper acts committed against an accused by another person, usually an undercover agent.
Entrapment is an affirmative defense and is easily raised at trial.
by Paul Finkelman
Entrapment is a defense to criminal charges based on the idea that the defendant was induced to commit the crime by...
- by Jeffery T. Walker, Rolando V. del Carmen
Entrapment is a defense in criminal law that questions the propriety of police action. It is defined as the actions of government officials with the goal of criminal prosecution to induce a person to commit a crime that was not contemplated by the ...
100 Nights in the Dark (2000)
A Collection of Contemporary Film Reviews and Essays by Joe Barlow
ENTRAPMENT (*** out of a possible ****) STARRING: Sean Connery, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Ving Rhames, Will Patton DIRECTOR: John Amiel WRITERS: Ron Bass, William Broyles RATED: PG-13 RELEASED: 1999 Entrapment is a sneaky ...
by (ISC)2 Corporate
Entrapment is the act of encouraging an individual to become involved in a crime that the individual may have had no intention of committing by a law enforcement officer or other official. Coercion involves forcing or intimidating an individual to ...
Paralegal Studies (2001)
An Introduction by Paul D. Jordan
Entrapment is an effective defense in this case because it claims the following: • The intention to commit a crime never entered the...
Entrapment is any action by a government agent intended to induce the commission of a crime for which the ...
Handbook of Self-Regulation (1999)
by Monique Boekaerts, Moshe Zeidner, Paul R Pintrich
Role entrapment refers to mainstream society's feelings of prejudice and negative stereotypes toward members of certain groups. These feelings manifest themselves in conditions of inequality and subservience for select populations ( Royce, ...
Becoming an Ex (1988)
The Process of Role Exit by Helen Rose Fuchs Ebaugh
suggest that role entrapment is a common occurrence. Positive social support in the serious consideration of role alternatives frequendy accelerates the process of evaluating alternatives ...
by Michael Whitman, Herbert Mattord, Andrew Green
Entrapment is the action of luring an individual into committing a crime to get a conviction. Enticement is legal and ethical, whereas entrapment is not. It is difficult to gauge the effect such a system can have on the average user, especially if the ...
How Sadness Survived (2008)
The Evolutionary Basis of Depression by Paul Keedwell
Entrapment is a term introduced by social scientists to describe the phenomenon of being trapped in a stressful situation. On an individual level, modern examples include the single mother with four young children and no support, or someone ...
by Vincent N. Parrillo
persuasive power of the tactics used by law enforcement personnel to determine whether an entrapment defense will prevail. Its aim is not to excuse defendants but to monitor police behavior so that it adheres to acceptable standards of ...
by Roger Bartlett, Chris Gratton, Christer Rolf
NERVE ENTRAPMENT is important to know whether the nerve is occasionally impinged in certain anatomic positions or actually entrapped permanently by surrounding tissues. It follows that a nerve can be entrapped virtually in any location ...
Dictionary of Policing (2013)
by Tim Newburn, Peter Neyroud
Entrapment involves actions taken by a state agent, such as a police officer or police-instigated informant, to encourage a person to commit a criminal offence with a view to prosecuting the person for the offence. The emphasis ...
by David Mellinkoff
entrap o entrapment entrap: an old synonym for the common verb trap, with a special emphasis on using guile to get someone into your power. The verb and the common noun entrapment (the action or ...
by John Fay
Entrapment Employers shy away from ...
by Margaret E. Beare
One major disadvantage of sting operations is that, during ensuing litigation, a defense attorney will frequently attempt to assert an “entrapment” defense. Even if the defense is unsuccessful, law enforcement will be subject to unfavorable ...
Encyclopedia of Soil Science (2008)
by Ward Chesworth
Entrapment of air As water moves into the porous medium, it displaces most of the air ahead of its path, but it also manages to trap a fraction of it. How such entrapment takes place can be qualitatively understood by considering a system of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Entrapment
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Entrapment
Click on an item to view that photo:
Box of Hexagons...
Photo credit: TMAB2003
Photo credit: Natashi Jay
Photo credit: Kurayba
Photo credit: geyergus
Photo credit: jurvetson
Model: Sammie Lesley
A-level work - In preperation to the images to the left.
Photo credit: simonlesleyphoto
- Rust Entrapment
Watts Lens, Big Up Film, No Flash
Photo credit: Fairy Heart ♥
- Stop Police Entrapment
Photo credit: Daquella manera
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of E1N1T1R1A1P3M3E1N1T1
The value of this 10-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Entrapment to see it in context!