On this page:
- Definition of the noun escalation
- Phrases with Escalation
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Escalation
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Escalation
- Photos about Escalation
- Video language resources about Escalation
- Quotes about Escalation
- Scrabble value of E1S1C3A1L1A1T1I1O1N1
- Anagrams of ESCALATION
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun escalation
What does escalation mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: escalations
- an increase to counteract a perceived discrepancy
Alternative definition of the noun escalation
- an increase or rise, especially one to counteract a perceived discrepancy
- a deliberate or premeditated increase in the violence or geographic scope of a conflict
"Escalation" is a 1968 Italian film written and directed by Roberto Faenza and starring actor Gabriele Ferzetti.
- country: Italy
- language: Italian Language
- producer: Giuseppe Zaccariello
- art direction by Giorgio Giovannini
- written by Giorgio Giovannini & Roberto Faenza
- based on a story by Roberto Faenza
- Lino Capolicchio as Luca Lambertenghi
- Claudine Auger as Carla Maria Manini
- Gabriele Ferzetti as Augusto Lambertenghi
- Didi Perego as L'investigatrice privata
- Leopoldo Trieste as Il sacerdote
- Paola Corinti as Amante di Augusto
- Dada Gallotti as Infermiera
- Jacqueline Perrier as Valeria Lambertenghi
- Harold M. Null as Sergente di polizia
- Antonietta Fiorito as Impiegata di Lambertenghi
- cinematography by Luigi Kuveiller
- edited by Ruggero Mastroianni
- music by Ennio Morricone
- costume design by Luciana Marinucci
- genre: Comedy
- released on (46 years ago)
- "Escalation" is a musical album of Ennio Morricone.
- released in (23 years ago)
- "Escalation" is a musical single of Rie Tomosaka.
- released on (18 years ago)
- "Escalation" is a musical album of Necronomicon.
- released in (27 years ago)
- "Escalation" is a musical album of The Loomers.
- "Escalation" is a composition.
- music by Issei Noro
- Escalation: Eskalacija označava povećanje ili zaoštravanja u primjeni - prvobitno policijskih, vojnih ili političkih sredstava.
- Escalation is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
- Escalation is the process of notifying your supervisor/boss regarding a problem you are facing with another party in the organization that operates at roughly the same level as you. A mutual escalation occurs when both parties can't agree on a solution to a particular problem, and they agree to both escalate it so that it can be sorted out at a higher level.The word is also used in cases where a particularly negative and important event occurs and higher ups need to be notified about it..
Phrases with Escalation
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Escalation
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by I. William Zartman, Guy Olivier Faure
Thus conceived, escalation is an expression of power, a rational approach to conflict, as parties take increasing actions to change the other party's behavior.1 Escalation is the pursuit of conflict designed to end conflict, but the designed end ...
Escalation means upward and downward. Mr. Stults.
by Diane Barrett
Privilege escalation is a vulnerability represented by the accidental or intentional access to resources not intended for access by the user. Application flaws can allow a normal user access to administrative functions reserved for ...
by David L. Prowse
Explanation: Privilege escalation is the act of gaining a higher level of access to resources. It is sometimes done by using the local system account in Windows. Privilege escalation is a method of attack, whereas Trojans, spyware, and spam ...
Multilevel and Developmental Perspectives by Marc Le Blanc, Marcel Frechette
proposed a clear definition: “Escalation is the tendency for offenders to move to more serious offense types as...
we propose the following definition: Escalation refers to the appearance of a sequence of diverse forms of delinquent ...
Who Intervenes? (2006)
Ethnic Conflict and Interstate Crisis by David Carment, Patrick James, Zeynep Taydas
While horizontal escalation can occur in the absence of directed state activity, vertical escalation refers to a set of...
Vertical escalation means internal ethnic conflict that leads to crisis, intervention, and possibly war with other states.6 When the ...
Outsourcing For Dummies (2008)
by Ed Ashley
Escalation is the process to raise problems to a higher organizational level for resolution. You need to create one because...
State strongly in the policy that escalation is a process and everyone should adhere to it. Make sure that all who have ...
Dangerous Thresholds (2008)
Managing Escalation in the 21st Century by Forrest E. Morgan, Karl P. Mueller, Evan S. Medeiros, Kevin L. Pollpeter, Roger Cliff
Escalation is a natural tendency in any form of human competition, and today's security environment demands that the United States be prepared for a host of escalatory threats.
Behavioural Economics in Business by Ms Julia Hodgson, Professor Helga Drummond
Summary Escalation refers to an active decision to reinvest in a failing venture beyond an economically defensible point — for example, when marginal costs consistently exceed marginal revenues. There are four main theories of escalation.
FM 2014: Formal Methods (2014)
19th International Symposium, Singapore, May 12-16, 2014. Proceedings by Cliff Jones, Pekka Pihlajasaari, Jun Sun
Obviously privilege escalation is a common problem of every OS, e.g., when a kernel bug is exploited to gain root access. However, in Android, privilege escalation is possible even when apps are running in the confine of Android sandboxes ...
by Nadine Koerner
Tariff escalation refers to the practice of developed countries keeping tariffs on raw materials and primary goods (imported by these countries) low, while maintaining much higher tariffs on the semiprocessed and highervalue goods made from ...
Inadvertent Escalation (2013)
Conventional War and Nuclear Risks by Barry R. Posen
Nuclear escalation is an extremely dangerous step. and statesmen have thus far not proven themselves cavalier in taking it. it may be that during an intense conventional conflict among states with large nuclear arsenals, statesmen and ...
by CTI Reviews
Escalation is the phenomenon of something getting more intense step by step, for example a quarrel, or, notably, a war between states possessing weapons of mass destruction. Compare to escalator, a device that lifts something to a higher ...
by William E. (Bill) Roark, William R. (Ryan) Roark
ESCALATION CLAUSE An escalation clause is a clause in a legal document such as a lease that provides for an increase in payments to a lessor under certain preagreed upon events. Generally, an escalation clause is inserted to protect the ...
One or both sides might not fully understand the military operational details of nuclear alerts, thereby sending signals not intended and generating a process of escalation over which they ultimately lost control. Political leaders and some ...
by Cathal J. Nolan
by Jonathan Law
escalation clause A clause in a contract authorizing the contractor to increase the price ...
by William Safire
escalation An increase in military activity, either in preparation for or during an armed conflict; by extension, ...
by Jeffrey M. Elliot, Robert Reginald
In a nuclear confrontation, however, the stakes are far greater — rapid escalation must be avoided, as it could spell instant disaster or extinction. In a nuclear age, most experts believe ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Escalation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Escalation
Click on an item to view that photo:
via Instagram instagr.am/p/RgTRcqrbLL/
Photo credit: Bojan Bjelic
Looking down on the escalators.
Photo credit: ewen and donabel
Photo credit: cohenvandervelde
32. Chaos Communication Congress
Photo credit: Robert Anders
That kind of day
Photo credit: hans.gerwitz
Turn up the heat
Photo credit: jitze
Photo credit: Ben Chun
Photo credit: Takeshi Life Goes On
Photo credit: Timmy_L
Hub front wall has been buffed again so new art is 3 metres higher
Photo credit: Newtown grafitti
stedelijk museum amsterdam
Photo credit: edwin van buuringen
Photo credit: stephcarter
Photo credit: vitroid
- Airport escalator without escalation...
Photo credit: blondinrikard
- Escalation Process
Photo credit: HWAO.Consulting
Photo credit: yoppy
- Artificial Escalation
Photo credit: FeatheredTar
- Bad Escalation
Photo credit: __FurinO
Video language resources about Escalation
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Escalation Plan.
See also the pronunciation examples of Escalation!
Quotes about Escalation
Scrabble value of E1S1C3A1L1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 10-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ESCALATION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Escalation!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Escalation to see it in context!