Escape by Night
On this page:
- "Escape by Night": Era notte a Roma is a 1960 Italian war film epic directed by Roberto Rossellini. In France the film is known as Les Évadés de la nuit, and in the USA Escape by Night. It is also known internationally as Blackout in Rome.
- also known as Era notte a Roma, It Was Night in Rome, Blackout in Rome
- countries: Italy, France
- languages: Italian Language, Russian Language, English Language, German Language
- producer: G.B. Romanengo
- executive producer: Franco Magli
- production design by Flavio Mogherini
- written by Diego Fabbri, Sergio Amidei, Brunello Rondi & Roberto Rossellini
- based on a story by Sergio Amidei
- Giovanna Ralli as Esperia Beli
- Renato Salvatori as Renato Balducci
- Leo Genn as Maggiore Michael Pemberton, inglese
- Sergei Bondarchuk as Sergenodor Nazukov - Russo
- Paolo Stoppa as Principe Alessandro Antoniani
- Peter Baldwin as Tenente Peter Bradley, americano
- Enrico Maria Salerno as Dottor Costanzi
- Sergio Fantoni as Don Valerio
- Laura Betti as Teresa
- Rosalba Neri as Virginia
- Hannes Messemer as Barone Von Kleist
- cinematography by Carlo Carlini
- edited by Roberto Cinquini
- music by Renzo Rossellini
- costume design by Elio Costanzi & Marcella De Marchis
- set decoration by Mario Rappini
- location: Italy
- genres: Epic film, War film, Romance Film, Drama
- subject: World War II
- released on (55 years ago)
- "Escape by Night" a.k.a. "Clash by Night" is a 1963 British crime thriller directed by Montgomery Tully and starring Terence Longdon.
- read more about Clash by Night
- "Escape by Night" is a 1953 British crime film directed and written by John Gilling.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producers: Robert S. Baker & Monty Berman
- art direction by C. Wilfred Arnold
- written by John Gilling
- Sid James as Gino Rossi
- Bonar Colleano as Tom Buchan
- Ted Ray as Mr. Weston
- Andrew Ray as Joey Weston
- Simone Silva as Rosetta Mantania
- Patrick Barr as Insp. Frampton
- Peter Sinclair as MacNaughton
- Avice Landone as Mrs. Weston
- Ronald Adam as Tallboy
- Eric Berry as Con Blair
- Martin Benson as Guillio
- Ronan O'Casey as Pietro
- cinematography by Monty Berman
- edited by Gerald Landau
- music by Stanley Black
- genres: Crime Fiction, Drama
- released in (61 years ago)
- "Escape by Night" is a 1937 American film directed by Hamilton MacFadden.
- "Escape by night" is a book by Helen Wells.
- "Escape by Night" is a book by Sheila K. McCullagh.
- character: Tim
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Escape by Night
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
spew Eruption—rash Esau's brother—Jacob Esau's father—Isaac Escapade— antic, caper Escape—elude, leakage, leak, break out, break away, get free Escape by air—fly away Escape by night/escape after dark—moonlight flit Escape for ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
standard thriller: Magician-escape artist stops egomaniac from conquering world Escape by Night see Clash by Night Escape by Night 1954, ( GB) ...
The British general attempted now to escape by night by ...
Bell's New Pantheon; Or, Historical Dictionary of the Gods, Demi-gods, Heroes and Fabulous Personages of Antiquity: Also, of the Images and Idols Adored in the Pagan World; Together with Their Temples, Priests, Altars, Oracles, Fasts, Festivals, Games, &c. As Well as Descriptions of Their Figures, Representations, and Symbols, Collected from Statues, Pictures, Coins, and Other Remains of the Ancients. The Whole Designed to Facilitate the Study of Mythology, History, Poetry, Painting, Statuary, Medals, &c. &c. And Compiled from the Best Authorities. Richly Embellished with Characteristic Prints. In Two Volumes. Vol. 1. [- 2.] (1790)
Through this chink they some time indulged in daily converse; but, at length, weary of restraint, and resolved to be free, they appointed to escape by night to a mulberry-tree near a stream, in a scene well known to them both.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Escape by Night
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Escape by Night for some fun with words!