On this page:
Eth is sometimes a misspelling of earth.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Eth
What does Eth mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: eths
- A letter (capital 'Ð', small 'ð') introduced into Old English to represent its dental fricative, then not distinguished from the letter thorn, no longer used in English but still in modern use in Icelandic, Faroese, and phonetics to represent the voiced dental fricative "th" sound as in the English word 'th'en.
- Eth a.k.a. Ethiopia, officially known as the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, is a country located in the Horn of Africa. It is bordered by Eritrea to the north and northeast, Djibouti and Somalia to the east, Sudan and South Sudan to the west, and Kenya to the south. With about 87.9 million inhabitants, Ethiopia is the most populous landlocked country in the world, as well as the second-most populated nation on the African continent. It occupies a total area of 1,100,000 square kilometres, and its capital and largest city is Addis Ababa.
- also known as Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Abyssinia, Yaltopya
- founded in 0979 B.C. (2994 years ago)
- part of Africa, Horn of Africa, Somali peninsula
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- member: Ethiopian = a native or inhabitant of Ethiopia
- read more about Ethiopia (country)
- Eth is a commune in the Nord department in northern France.
- Eth a.k.a. Eilat Airport, also known as J. Hozman Airport, is an Israeli airport located in the city of Eilat, and named for Arkia Airlines founder Yakov Hozman. Eilat Airport is located in the central area of the city, next to Route 90. It mostly handles domestic flights to Tel Aviv and Haifa with international flights operating instead to Ovda International Airport, but a few international flights on aircraft that can handle the relatively short runway use Eilat as well.
There are other places with in their name, like ETH Zurich.
Who is Eth?
Eth a.k.a. Ethynn Tanner Cerney is an actor.
- read more about Ethynn Tanner Cerney (actor)
"Eth" is a musical album of Meadows & Labyrinths.
- released on (7 years ago)
- Eth is a letter used in Old English, Middle English, Icelandic, Faroese, and Elfdalian. It was also used in Scandinavia during the Middle Ages, but was subsequently replaced with dh and later d. It is transliterated to d. Its use has survived in Iceland and the Faroe Islands. The capital eth resembles a D with a line through the vertical stroke. The lower case resembles reversed 6 with a line through the top. The lower-case letter has been adopted to represent a voiced dental fricative in the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Eth a.k.a. Eth- is a chemical prefix. It was extracted from "ethyl". It serves as the number 2 when counting axial atoms in forming names of organic compounds.
- Eth a.k.a. Ethiopian Sign Language: A number of Ethiopian sign languages have been used in various Ethiopian schools for the deaf since 1971, and at the primary level since 1956. Ethiopian Sign Language, presumably a national standard, is used in primary, secondary, and—at Addis Ababa University—tertiary education, and on national television. The Ethiopian Deaf Community uses the language as a marker of identity.
- also known as Ethiopian sign languages
- Eth is a file format.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Eth
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by C.V. Pao
is negative then wiz- VI + eth is a lower solution and wi < ū when e is sufficiently small. By considering il, wi as the ordered upper and...
u — eth is an upper solution and u – eis, P. ii. By Lemma 4.1 the ...
41st International Colloquium, ICALP 2014, Copenhagen, Denmark, July 8-11, 2014, Proceedings by Javier Esparza, Pierre Fraigniaud, Thore Husfeldt, Elias Koutsoupias
Strong ETH is an extremely popular conjecture in the exact exponential time algorithms community [11,18,35,17], and Cygan et al.  even showed it to be equivalent to assuming that several other NP-hard problems essentially require ...
international aspects, eighth report of session 2006-07, Vol. 2: Oral and written evidence by Great Britain: Parliament: House of Commons: Education and Skills Committee
The ETH is a great institution but the new EPFL in Lausanne is by many standards as good. Zurich University is a great university but so is Bern and Geneva. When you look internationally, there is no particular intellectual argument that says ...
by Oxford University Press
eth•ane /eeTHfMn/ n. colorless, odorless flammable gas, ...
The Dictionary of English Inflected Words, with the Syllabication of All the Words According to a System Founded on Well-defined Principles (1877)
And the System of Syllabication as Applied to Poetry and the Scansion of Verse. Forming Part II of The Handy English Word Book by James Stormonth
eth'ic a.; ...
by Brent Douglas Galloway
<kw"ethi:lt (possible error for kw"eth'í:lt )-, pcs ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Eth
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Eth
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: kouk
View more pictures about ETH Zurich.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Eth
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Eth!
Scrabble value of E1T1H4
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ETH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Eth!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Eth to see it in context!