On this page:
- Definition of the noun eurasia
- Phrases with Eurasia
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Eurasia
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Eurasia
- Photos about Eurasia
- Videos about Eurasia
- Quotes about Eurasia
- Scrabble value of E1U1R1A1S1I1A1
- Anagrams of EURASIA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun eurasia
What does eurasia mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- the land mass formed by the continents of Europe and Asia
- examples: Europe is not really a continent; it juts westward out of Eurasia, the continent, as India juts southward out thereof. | The Himalayas were formed by the collision of the tectonic plates of India and Eurasia about 50 million years ago.
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- instance of: continent = one of the large landmasses of the earth
- part of: eastern hemisphere / orient = the hemisphere that includes Eurasia and Africa and Australia; northern hemisphere = the hemisphere that is to the north of the equator
- Russia = a former empire in eastern Europe and northern Asia created in the 14th century with Moscow as the capital; powerful in the 17th and 18th centuries under Peter the Great and Catherine the Great when Saint Petersburg was the capital
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics / Soviet Union / Russia / USSR = a former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia; established in 1922; included Russia and 14 other soviet socialist republics
- Russian Federation / Russia = a federation in northeastern Europe and northern Asia; formerly Soviet Russia
- Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic / Soviet Russia / Russia = formerly the largest Soviet Socialist Republic in the USSR occupying eastern Europe and northern Asia
- Scythia = an ancient area of Eurasia extending from the Black Sea to the Aral Sea that was populated by Scythians from the eighth to the fourth century BC
- Asia = the largest continent with 60% of the earth's population; it is joined to Europe on the west to form Eurasia
- Europe = the 2nd smallest continent
- Eurasia is the combined continental landmass of Europe and Asia, with the term being a portmanteau of its two constituents. Located primarily in the Northern and Eastern Hemispheres, it is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on the west, the Pacific Ocean to the east, the Arctic Ocean on the north, and by Africa, the Mediterranean Sea, the Pacific Ocean and the Indian Ocean to the south. The division between Europe and Asia as two different continents is a historical and cultural construct, with no clear physical separation between them; thus, in some parts of the world, Eurasia is recognized as the largest of five or six continents.
- also known as 歐亞大陸
- part of Northern Hemisphere
- Eurasia Tower or Steel Peak is a 308.9 m tall skyscraper in Moscow International Business Center Moscow, Russia. The complex will house offices, apartments, a hotel, and other entertainment facilities. It is also one of the 94 supertall skyscrapers in the world.
There are other places with in their name, like Afro-Eurasia.
- "Eurasia" is a musical album of Avalon.
- released on (14 years ago)
- "Eurasia" is a musical single of Marc Romboy vs. Gui Boratto, Marc Romboy, Gui Boratto.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Eurasia" is a musical album of Michel pépé.
- released in (15 years ago)
- Eurasia is one of three superstates in George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, the others being Eastasia and Oceania. Eurasia comprises all of mainland Europe, modern day Russia, and a fluctuating amount of Manchuria, Mongolia, Northern Africa, and the Middle East. Its political ideology is Neo-Bolshevism.
- Eurasia is a zoo exhibit.
- Eurasia is Viva's newest girl group.
Phrases with Eurasia
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Eurasia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Esmond Vedder DeGraff
Eurasia is the land of accomplished fact and of the past. America has an area of 16$ millions of square miles, and is larger than Europe and Africa taken together. The northern continent contains about 9 millions ; and the southern about 7.
by CTI Reviews
Eurasia is the combined continental landmass of Europe and Asia, with the term being a portmanteau of its two constituents. Located primarily in the Northern and Eastern Hemispheres, it is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on the west, the.
The Return of the 'Great Game' by M. Freire, R. Kanet
Eurasia is a regional complex, since it has all the geopolitical, ethno-territorial, and sociopolitical ingredients for fragmentation, conflict, and a quick recourse to coercion and the use of force by a variety of actors, as witnessed by the host of ...
Eurasian Integration (2012)
Challenges of Transcontinental Regionalism by E. Vinokurov, A. Libman
Wifi Wireless fidelity WiMAX Worldwide interoperability for microwave access 3G, Thirdgeneration mobilenetworks 4G Fourthgeneration mobile networks 1 Introduction Eurasia is a massive and diverse 'supercontinent' that.
A New Geography on the Comparative Method, with Maps and Diagrams and an Outline of Commercial Geography (1895)
by John Miller Dow Meiklejohn
Eurasia is the land of accomplished fact and of the past. 2. Size. — America has an area of 164 millions of square miles, and is larger than Europe and Africa taken together. The northern continent contains about 9 millions ; and the southern ...
Geology, Ecology, Distribution and Applications by David B. Scott, Jennifer Frail-Gauthier, Petra J. Mudie
Key points Eurasia is the largest continent, but its coastal wetlands have long histories of human occupation and few tidal wetlands remain; temperate salt marshes dominated by grasses and pickleweed occur in Western Europe and the ...
Civilizations, Civilizations by CTI Reviews
Eurasia is the combined continental landmass of Europe and Asia, with the term being a portmanteau of its two constituents. Located primarily in the Northern and Eastern Hemispheres, it is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on the west, the ...
Papers in honor of Howard I. Aronson by Dee Ann Holisky, Kevin Tuite
One typological feature that distinguishes it from other languages of northern Eurasia is the presence of phonemic tones. The tonal nature of Ket was first described by linguist Heinrich Werner in the 1960's.1 Werner discovered four syllabic ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology - 3 Volume Set by Umberto Quattrocchi
Eurasia. Annual. S. cereale L. subsp. segetale Zhuk (Secale segetale (Zhuk.) Roshev.) Asia temperate, Eurasia.
Encyclopedia of Food Grains (2015)
by Colin W Wrigley, Harold Corke, Koushik Seetharaman, Jonathan Faubion
monococcum Eurasia Domesticated Wheat (4Â) Triticum Emmer T. dicoccum Eurasia Domesticated Isfahan wheat T. ispahanicum South Asia ...
Volume 1: North America by M.M. Grandtner
MW Eurasia and S E Africa L E hygmes pl ti Cupressus lusitanica subsp. benthamii ( Endl.) Franco Cupressus lusitanica var. benthamii (Endl.) Carrière Cupressus ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Eurasia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Eurasia
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: mistychoi
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Eurasia
Click on an item to play that video:
- Eurasia Meaning
Video shows what Eurasia means. The largest landmass on Earth, consisting of Europe and Asia.. Eurasia Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Eurasia Copper PLC - Business Description
- FMD Progressive Control in West Eurasia (Original language)
Video on Regional cooperation among Eurasian countries for the progressive control of FMD through public and private partnerships leading towards freedom ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Eurasia!
Quotes about Eurasia
There is but little room for doubt that Egypt led the way in the creation of the earliest known group of civilizations which arose on both sides of the land bridge between Africa and Eurasia in the fourth millennium B.C. (James H. Breasted)
more quotes about eurasia...
Scrabble value of E1U1R1A1S1I1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EURASIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Eurasia!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Eurasia to see it in context!