European Economic Community
On this page:
Definition of the noun european economic community
What does european economic community mean as a name of something?
- an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of European Economic Community: Common Market / EC / EEC / EU / Europe / European Community / European Union
- more generic terms: global organization / international organisation / international organization / world organisation / world organization = an international alliance involving many different countries
- Kingdom of Denmark / Danmark / Denmark = a constitutional monarchy in northern Europe
- Kingdom of Sweden / Sverige / Sweden = a Scandinavian kingdom in the eastern part of the Scandinavian Peninsula
- Federal Republic of Germany / Deutschland / Germany / FRG = a republic in central Europe
- Republic of Finland / Finland / Suomi = republic in northern Europe
- Hellenic Republic / Greece / Ellas = a republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula
- Italian Republic / Italia / Italy = a republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula
- Republic of Austria / Oesterreich / Austria = a mountainous republic in central Europe
- Kingdom of Belgium / Belgique / Belgium = a monarchy in northwestern Europe
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland / United Kingdom / Great Britain / Britain / U.K. / UK = a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland
- Republic of Ireland / Irish Republic / Ireland / Eire = a republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland
- French Republic / France = a republic in western Europe
- Kingdom of The Netherlands / The Netherlands / Netherlands / Nederland / Holland = a constitutional monarchy in western Europe on the North Sea
- Grand Duchy of Luxembourg / Luxembourg / Luxemburg = a grand duchy (a constitutional monarchy) landlocked in northwestern Europe between France and Belgium and Germany
- Portuguese Republic / Portugal = a republic in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula
- Kingdom of Spain / Espana / Spain = a parliamentary monarchy in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula
Specialised definition of the noun european economic community
Glossary of politics
- abbreviation: EEC
The European Economic Community was an international organization created by the Treaty of Rome of 1957.
- also known as European Community
- written works: "EGs bolagsrätt i svensk översättning", "Codigo de la comunidad europea", "L' allargamento della Comunità europea", "Actos comunitários en matéria de fiscalidade", "U.S.-European Economic Community Fisheries Agreement", "EG-rätt", "Leggi fondamentali della Comunità economica europea", "Le travail dominical dans les Etats membres de la CEE", "Comunidad Económica Europea", "Colectânea de direito aduaneiro comunitário", "Acuerdo entre la C.E.E. y Portugal", "Sozialvorschriften im Strassenverkehr", "Analyse du traité de Marché commun", "EU/EWR Verordnungen Nr. 1408/71 und 574/72 EWG aus der Sicht der Rentenversicherung", "Collected acts", "Die Europäische Wirtschaftsgemeinschaft", "Codice della convenzione di Bruxelles e di Lugano", "Zollkodex", "La Legge doganale comunitaria e nazionale", "European Community environment legislation", "The instruments of monetary policy in the countries of the European Economic Community", "Les recettes et les dépenses des administrations publiques dan les pays membres de la CEE", "Patents in the Common market;", "Les salaires dans les branches d'industrie", "EG-Abkommen mit Polen, Ungarn und der CSFR", "Codice comunitario dell'utenza e del consumo", "De organisatie van de consumptiemelkmarkt in de lid -staten van de Europese Economische Gemeenschap", "Le problème de la concentration dans le Marché Commum", "Codice doganale comunitario", "Food aid from the EEC to developing countries", "Nuovi accordi di associazione alla C.E.E", "Treaty and connected documents", "Treaties establishing the European Communities", "Competition and law in the European Economic Community and in the European Coal and Steel Community", "The European Community", "Financial report - European Communities", "Social statistics", "The establishment by stages of economic and monetary union in the Community", "A glossary of terms appearing in the French texts of the treatises establishing the European Atomic Energy Community, the European Coal and Steel community, and the European Economics Community, and related documents", "Analysis of the financial management in respect of the revenue and expenditure account of the European Communities for the financial year 1975", "Consolidated treaty on European union"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for European Economic Community
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Political Economy of Social and Educational Inequalities in European Society by Jarl Bengtsson, Albert van den Berg, Alain Gras, B.J. Hake, Ian Lister, Juergen Zimmer
PROBLEMS IN THE INTERNATIONAL SYSTEM The recent enlargement of the European Economic Community is a phenomenon of great significance, not only for the internal changes which it will bring about within Western Europe itself, but ...
by Stuart S. Nagel, David Rosenblum
The European Economic Community is a good example, ...
Policy and Culture by Richard Collins
The European Economic Community is a case inpoint.The more itflexes itspolitical andeconomic muscles,the moreitrequires acultural dimensiontomatch its increasinglyprevalent description ofitself as theEuropean Community: nota loose ...
Local Economic Development (2008)
Analysis, Practices, and Globalization by John P. Blair, Michael C. Carroll
The European Economic Community is a prominent example of ...
Miscellaneous Publication (1973)
The European Economic Community is the largest single area market for tobacco . This Economic Community produces about one-third of its annual requirements and must import to fulfill its needs. The United States is the third largest importer ...
Extensively Annotated Bibliography and Sourcebook by William Shurtleff; Akiko Aoyagi
“EEC: The European Economic Community is the world's largest user of soybean meal. EEC meal consumption of 16.5 million tonnes outpaced that of the U.S. ( 16.1 million consumption) for the first time last year. “Rotterdam is the hub of ...
Extensive Annotated Bibliography and Sourcebook by William Shurtleff; Akiko Aoyagi
“EEC: The European Economic Community is the world's largest user of soybean meal.
Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval EDI electronic data interchange EDP electronic data processing EEC European Economic Community EEOC Equal Employment Opportunity Commission EESA Emergency Economic Stabilization Act ...
by David Phinnemore, Lee McGowan
Withthe establishmentof the European Economic Community (EEC) and the European Atomic Energy Community (EAEC or Euratom) in 1958, one Parliamentary Assemblywas createdtoserve all three Communities, withamembership of142.
by Graham Gooch, Michael Williams
* EDI Electronic Data Interchange* EDU Europol Drugs Unit* EEC European Economic Community* EEG Electroencephalogram EFP European Firearms ...
by Paula Sutter Fichtner
EC European Community ECSC European Coal and Steel Community EEC European Economic Community EFTA ...
by Gudmundur Halfdanarson
European Economic Area European Economic Community European Free Trade Association ...
Volume 20 - Supplement 3 by James Swarbrick, James C. Boylan
Introduction History of the European Union After World War II, the idea of a United States of Europe was promulgated, and in 1957 the Treaty of Rome was signed establishing the European Economic Community (EEC) between six countries: ...
by Peter N. Stearns
Asthe European Economic Community consolidates itspolicies inthe early 1990s, workersmay move within EEC nations;with the political changesincentral and eastern Europe after 1989, the future of migration intoEurope from ...
by W. Rubinstein, Michael A. Jolles
DSC Distinguished Service Cross DSO Distinguished Service Order DTM Diploma inTropical Medicine EC European Community ECT ElectroConvulsive Therapy EEC European Economic Community EFTA European FreeTradeAssociation.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for European Economic Community
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about European Economic Community
If you need images about European Economic Community for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of European Economic Community to see it in context!