On this page:
- "Fahrenheit 451" is a 1966 British Dystopian science fiction drama film directed by François Truffaut and starring Oskar Werner, Julie Christie, and Cyril Cusack. Based on the 1953 novel of the same name by Ray Bradbury, the film takes place in a controlled society in an oppressive future in which a fireman, whose duty it is to burn every literature, becomes a fugitive for reading. This was Truffaut's first colour film as well as his only English-language film. At the 1966 Venice Film Festival, Fahrenheit 451 was nominated for the Golden Lion.
- also known as 451 градус по Фаренгейту (значения), 451 за Фаренгейтом, 451 stupňů Fahrenheita, Στους 451 βαθμούς Φαρενάιτ, Fahrenheit 451 (film)
- countries: United Kingdom, France, United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Lewis M. Allen
- production design by Tony Walton & Syd Cain
- art direction by Syd Cain
- written by François Truffaut
- based on "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury
- Oskar Werner as Guy Montag
- Julie Christie as Clarisse McClellan
- Julie Christie as Linda Montag
- Cyril Cusack as The Captain
- Anton Diffring as Fabian
- Mark Lester as Second Schoolboy
- Jeremy Spenser as Man with the Apple
- Anton Diffring as Headmistress
- Bee Duffell as Book Woman
- Alex Scott as Book Person: 'The Life of Henry Brulard'
- Gillian Aldam as Judoka Woman
- Michael Balfour as Book Person: Machiavelli's 'The Prince'
- Ann Bell as Doris
- Yvonne Blake as Book Person: 'The Jewish Question'
- Arthur Cox as Male Nurse
- Frank Cox as Book Person: 'Prejudice'
- Fred Cox as Book Person: 'Pride'
- Noel Davis as Cousin Midge
- Judith Drinan as Book Person - Plato's 'Republic'
- Kevin Elder as Robert
- Joan Francis as Telephonist
- Denis Gilmore as Book Person: 'The Martian Chronicles'
- David Glover as Book Person: 'The Pickwick Papers'
- Arthur Haynes as Man on Commuter Train
- Caroline Hunt as Helen
- Edward Kaye as Judoka Man
- Gillian Lewis as TV Announcer
- Eric Mason as Male Nurse
- Charlie McFadden as Nervous Man at Post Box
- Roma Milne as Clarisse's Neighbor
- Michael Mundell as Stoneman
- Anna Palk as Jackie
- Donald Pickering as TV Announcer
- John Rae as Book Person: 'Weir of Hermiston'
- Tom Watson as Instructor Sergeant
- Chris William as Black
- Earl Younger as Book Person's Nephew: 'Weir of Hermiston'
- cinematography by Nicolas Roeg
- edited by Thom Noble
- music by Bernard Herrmann
- costume design by Tony Walton
- genres: Science Fiction, Dystopia, Film adaptation, Thriller, Drama
- subjects: Book burning, Bibliophilia, Censorship
- Aflame with the excitement and emotions of tomorrow!
- What if you had no right to read?
- released in (49 years ago)
- "Fahrenheit 451" is the title of an expected film adaptation of Ray Bradbury's novel of the same name.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fahrenheit 451
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
François Truffaut (2013)
The Lost Secret by Anne Gillain
Underneath its cold exterior, Fahrenheit 451 is a film that is burning with passion. The people- books shown ...
by Lee Server
Fahrenheit 451 was the tale of a thought-controlled future when alarms send fire brigades across the landscape to set fires—to burn hidden collections of the government's most feared contraband, books. Written in a time of industry blacklists, rampant censorship, and anti-intellectu- alism in the name of patriotism , the novel was obviously symbolic, but it also proclaimed through lucid, lyrical prose a more timeless theme, the power and allure of books. Bradbury's acclaim brought him ...
by Christopher Riches, Michael Cox
Fiction Short Stories A Pleasure to Burn: Fahrenheit 451 Stories (2011) Fiction Short Stories ...
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (1988)
by Nila Gott
Alcott, Louisa May _ Little Women Arne _ Rule Britannia Austin, Jane _ EMMA Blatty, Wm Peter _ The Exorcist Bradbury, Ray _ Fahrenheit 451, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fahrenheit 451
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fahrenheit 451
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Fahrenheit 451
Fahrenheit 451 destruction of dictionary
See also the pronunciation examples of Fahrenheit 451!
Quotes about Fahrenheit 451
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Fahrenheit 451 to see it in context!