On this page:
- Fairport is a village located in the town of Perinton which is part of Monroe County, New York. Fairport is a suburb 9 miles east of Rochester. It is also known as the "Crown Jewel of the Erie Canal". In 2005 it was named as one of Money Magazine's "Best Places to Live." The total population of Fairport is 5,353, as of the 2010 census.
- Fairport is an unincorporated community in northeastern DeKalb County, Missouri, United States. It is located about nine miles north of Maysville. Its post office has closed, and mail now comes from Maysville.
- Fairport a.k.a. Fairport, Iowa: Fairport is an unincorporated community along the Mississippi River and Iowa Highway 22 in Muscatine County, Iowa, United States.
- read more about Fairport, Iowa
- Fairport a.k.a. Fairport, Kansas: Fairport is an unincorporated community in Paradise Township, Russell County, Kansas, United States.
- read more about Fairport, Kansas
- Fairport a.k.a. Fairport, California: Fairport is a former settlement in Modoc County, California. For 20 years, Fairport was a thriving resort community, and the supply and departure depot for the High Grade Mining District in the Warner Mountains.
- read more about Fairport, California
- Fairport a.k.a. Fairport, Virginia: Fairport is an unincorporated community in Northumberland County, in the U.S. state of Virginia.
- read more about Fairport, Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like Fairport Harbor.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fairport
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Containing a General Collection of the Most Interesting Facts, Traditions, Biographical Sketches, Anecdotes, &c. Relating to Its History and Antiquities, with Geographical Descriptions of Every Township in the State by John Warner Barber, Henry Howe
Fairport is a flourishing village on the Chemung canal, in Chemung County, 6 miles from Elmira. There are here 500 inhabitants, 1 Presbyterian, 1 Methodist Church, 8 stores, several warehouses, and mechanic shops. This place was called ...
History Both General and Local, Geography with Descriptions of Its Counties, Cities and Villages, Its Agricultural, Manufacturing, Mining and Business Development, Sketches of Eminent and Interesting Characters, Etc., with Notes of a Tour Over it in 1886. Illustrated by about 700 Engravings. Contrasting the Ohio of 1816 with 1886-90 by Henry Howe
Fairport in 1846. — Three miles below Painesville, at the mouth of Grand river, is Fairport, laid out in 1812, by Samuel Huntington, Abraham Skinner, Seymour and Calvin Austin, and Simon Perkins. The first warehouse in this region, and ...
Encyclopedia of Classic Rock (2017)
by David Luhrssen, Michael Larson
FERRY, BRYAN See Roxy Music FAIRPORT CONVENTION Fairport Convention was the springboard for the careers of guitarist Richard Thompson, singer Sandy Denny, and a cadre of musicians devoted to coupling Britain's folk traditions ...
by Tom Savage
Fairport, Muscatine County.
by Frank Hoffmann
FAIRPORT. CONVENTION. Longlived English folkpop band originally founded in 1966. Original members were group leader and bassist Ashley Hutchings, lead guitarist Richard Thompson, rhythm guitarist Simon Nicol, vocalist Judy Dyble, ...
by Geological Survey (U.S.)
Fairplay, Colo Fairpoint, Ohio Fairport, Iowa Fairport, N. Y Fairview, Ariz Fairview, Colo Fairview, Kans Fairview, Md Fairview, N. Dak Fairview, Ohio C, St.P.&K. C. R.R N.M. & A. R. R...
by Ray Jones
Fairport Harbor Marine Museum and Lighthouse* 129 Second St.
(including Alaska) by Mary Grace Wilmarth
Fairport chalky shale member (of Carlile shale). Upper Cretaceous: North-central Kansas. W. W. Rubey and N. W. Bass, 1925 (Kans. Geol. Surv. Bull. 10, pp. 16, 40). Fairport chalky sh: memb. of Carlile sh–Chalky sh. and thin beds of chalk, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fairport
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fairport
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of F4A1I1R1P3O1R1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Fairport to see it in context!