Fanatic appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- "Raw emo; snide, taut: can a fanatic aid ozone so lost in a cross, or can it so lose no zodiac I tan?" a fan actuated in some war.
- "He was – oh my god! – an OIC… if fanatic in a play, or a televisual cat nastily let, or a rotely lit Santa Claus, I’ve let a royal panic it!" an afficionado gym ho saw, eh?
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun fanatic:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun fanatic
- Definition of the adjective fanatic
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fanatic
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fanatic
- Photos about Fanatic
- Video language resources about Fanatic
- Quotes about Fanatic
- Scrabble value of F4A1N1A1T1I1C3
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun fanatic
What does fanatic mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: fanatics
- a person motivated by irrational enthusiasm (as for a cause)
Alternative definition of the noun fanatic
- A person who is zealously enthusiastic for some cause, especially in religion.
Definition of the adjective fanatic
What does fanatic mean as an attribute of a noun?
- marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea
Alternative definition of the adjective fanatic
- See Fanatical.
- [obsolete] Showing evidence of possession by a god or demon; frenzied, over-zealous.
- "Fanatic" is a 1965 British thriller directed by Silvio Narizzano for Hammer Films. It stars Tallulah Bankhead, Stefanie Powers, Peter Vaughan, Yootha Joyce, Maurice Kaufmann and Donald Sutherland.
- also known as Die! Die! My Darling!
- countries: England, United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Anthony Hinds
- written by Richard Matheson
- Donald Sutherland as Joseph
- Tallulah Bankhead as Mrs. Trefoile
- Stefanie Powers as Patricia Carroll
- Philip Gilbert as Oscar
- Robert Dorning as Ormsby
- Peter Vaughan as Harry
- Yootha Joyce as Anna
- Diana King as Woman Shopper
- Maurice Kaufmann as Alan Glentower
- Gwendolyn Watts as Gloria
- Winifred Dennis as Shopkeeper
- Henry McGee as Rector
- cinematography by Arthur Ibbetson
- music by Wilfred Josephs
- genres: Psycho-biddy, Horror, Psychological thriller, Thriller, Comedy-drama
- tagline: She's One Mean Mother-In-Law!
- released on (49 years ago)
- "Fanatic" a.k.a. "The Last Horror Film" is a 1982 American horror comedy film directed by David Winters and starring Joe Spinell and Caroline Munro. The director, David Winters, filmed on location at the Cannes Film Festival.
- read more about The Last Horror Film
Fanatic is a fictional character from the 1951 film Journey Into Light.
- "Fanatic" is the fifteenth studio album by the American rock band Heart, released October 2, 2012 through Legacy Recordings. The album was recorded in hotel rooms and studios up and down the West Coast, with Grammy-winning producer Ben Mink, who had previously produced Red Velvet Car, back at the helm.
- "Fanatic" is a musical album of Jadis.
- released on (11 years ago)
Who is Fanatic?
Fanatic a.k.a. Marc A. Pullen is a musical artist, musician, webpage.
- read more about Marc A. Pullen (musical artist)
- Fanatic a.k.a. Fanàtic is a record label.
- Fanatic is a ship builder.
- Fanatic a.k.a. Revolutionary: A revolutionary is a person who either actively participates in, or advocates revolution. Also, when used as an adjective, the term revolutionary refers to something that has a major, sudden impact on society or on some aspect of human endeavor.
- also known as İnkılapçı, شخص ثوري
- FANatic is an American TV show that was shown on the MTV network in the late 1990s. It featured everyday people being tricked into going somewhere and unexpectedly meeting their idol.
- begun on and completed in (15 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- genre: Reality television
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fanatic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Abby H. P. Werlock
Work Author: Philip Roth With "Eli,the Fanatic," the last and longest short story in Goodbye, Columbus and Five Short Stories (1959), Philip Roth became one of the first Jewish American writers to explore "the repressed shame and guilt ...
by Helena Swan
FANATIC. 159. •' How many names in the long sweep of time That so foreshortens greatness, may but hang On the chance mention of some fool that once Brake bread with us, perhaps." ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, Queen Mary, act IIL.sc.
by John Platts
Fanatic, [fanaticus, seeing visions, L.] a man affected with wild notions. Visionary, [visio, a vision, a seeing, L.] one whose imagination is disturbed ; one who forms ...
by V&S EDITORIAL BOARD
Fanatic – (noun) a person filled with excessive zeal, especially for an extreme religious ...
by Elizabeth Jewell
admirer, enthusiast, lover, adherent, supporter, aficionado, fanatic, zealot, colloq. buff, si fiend, bug, nut. fa*nat*ic /fanatik/ • n. person filled with excessive and often misguided enthusiasm for something. See synonym study at ZEALOT.
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
fanatic, sectary 8 adherent, disciple, follower, partisan 10 enthusiast zealous 4 avid, keen, warm 5 afire, eager, fired, nutty, rabid 6 ardent, fervid, gung ho, hearty 7 devoted, earnest, fanatic, fervent 8 frenetic, obsessed, wild-eyed 9 dedicated, ...
by Suresh Chandra
To fanatic Hindus, cows are still everything. Of course, the majority of Hindus still avoid consuming beef, but they do not look down upon any person who consumes beef. Anyway, among the fanatic masses in India, the slaughtering of cows will ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fanatic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fanatic
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: melbourneflower
Photo credit: goosmurf
Photo credit: Caitlinator
Photo credit: mikecogh
Photo credit: K A J O
Warhammer Dwarfs Vs Orks & Goblins
Photo credit: RedCraig
- Fuchsia Fanatic
Photo credit: The Manic Macrographer
- Fanatic goodmorning.
Photo credit: Por mi tripa...
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Fanatic
Click on an item to play that video:
- Fanatic Meaning
Video shows what fanatic means. Fanatical.. Showing evidence of possession by a god or demon; frenzied, overzealous.. fanatic pronunciation. How to ...
- Evil Geniuses Vs Fanatic #Game 1 - Semi Finals - ESL One Frankfurt 2014 - Dota 2
Evil Geniuses Vs Fanatic #Game 1 - Semi Finals - ESL One Frankfurt 2014 - Dota 2 Please support us by liking, commenting and subscribing.
See also the pronunciation examples of Fanatic!
Quotes about Fanatic
But even gold is not everything: and only a fanatic, and a rather foolish fanatic, would say that this style of fiction summed up and exhausted all the good that fiction could give and do. (George Saintsbury)
more quotes about fanatic...
Scrabble value of F4A1N1A1T1I1C3
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Fanatic to see it in context!