On this page:
- Definition of the noun fascist
- Definition of the adjective fascist
- Phrases with Fascist
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fascist
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fascist
- Photos about Fascist
- Video language resources about Fascist
- Quotes about Fascist
- Scrabble value of F4A1S1C3I1S1T1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun fascist
What does fascist mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- fascist: fascists
- Fascist: Fascists
- an adherent of fascism or other authoritarian views
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- more generic words: adult / grownup = a fully developed person from maturity onward
- more specific terms:
Definition of the adjective fascist
What does fascist mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- relating to or characteristic of fascism
Alternative definition of the adjective fascist
- Of or relating to fascism.
- Supporting the principles of fascism.
- [informal] Considered to be unfairly oppressive or needlessly strict.
- Fascist is a fictional character from the 2000 film Brother 2.
- Fascist is a fictional character from the 1989 film Palombella Rossa.
- Fascist is a fictional character from the 1978 film Blood Feud.
- Fascist is a fictional character from the 2007 film Moscati: Doctor to the Poor.
- "Fascist" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music and lyrics by Farin Urlaub
- "Fascist" is a musical EP of White Cross.
- released in (33 years ago)
- Fascist a.k.a. Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. Influenced by national syndicalism, fascism originated in Italy during World War I, combining more typically right-wing positions with elements of left-wing politics, in opposition to liberalism, Marxism, and traditional conservatism. Although fascism is often placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum, several academics have said that the description is inadequate.
- read more about Fascism
- Fascist: The word fascist is sometimes used to denigrate people, institutions, or groups that would not describe themselves as ideologically fascist, and that may not fall within the formal definition of the word. The Fascist party that developed in Italy in the 1920s rigidly enforced conservative values and behavior norms during the Mussolini regime. As a political epithet, fascist was subsequently used in an anti-authoritarian sense to emphasize the common ideology of governmental suppression of individual freedom. It has also been applied to a broad range of people and groups, including people of many religious faiths, particularly fundamentalist groups. The individual, institution, or group called fascist often find the use of the term in this way to be highly offensive and inappropriate.
Phrases with Fascist
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fascist
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Raymond Detrez
Notorious fascist organizations in Bulgaria were the People's Social Movement, the Union of the Bulgarian National Legions, Warriors for the Advancement of Bulgarianhood, the (state supported) Defender, and to some extent the Youth ...
by Garrett Ward Sheldon
fascism/fascist enormous influence in Britain, Europe, and the United States through social democratic, Labour Party, and liberal Democratic Party politics from 1900 to the present. Further Readings Crossman, R. H. S., ed., New Fabian ...
From Napoleon to the Present by Frank J. Coppa
However, the alliance bewteen Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany coupled with domestic economic problems facilitated the Anschluss, the unification of Germany and Austria in March 1938. Adolf Hitler had Schuschnigg imprisoned until the end ...
by Helmut K. Anheier, Mark Juergensmeyer
fascist movement to emerge in France. The French interwar socialist movement could in many ways rival the Italian and German movements in terms of popular support. In fact the socialistled Popular Front gained power in June 1936 through ...
The Holocaust Encyclopedia (2001)
by Baumel Judith Tydor Laqueur Walter, Walter Laqueur, Judith Tydor Baumel
Only one categorically fascist party emerged in France during this decade, the Francistes of Marcel Bu- card, founded in .
by Professor Ellis Cashmore, Professor of Culture Media and Sport Ellis Cashmore
Although fascist movements have existed in all European countries since the 1920s, only in Germany, Italy, and Spain have they attained political power. Fascist movements of the early twentieth century represented a revolt against bourgeois ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fascist
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fascist
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Fascist Stairway
After the their conquest of Ethopia in 1935 the Italians built this concrete stairway in front of Haile Selasse's former residence with one step for each year of Fascist rule beginning in 1922.
Photo credit: D-Stanley
- Anti Fascist Posters
Museum posters in the Imperial War Museum North. The Spanish struggle against fascism...
Photo credit: Smabs Sputzer
- Fascist Humanitarians
Hanco Kamper // Sibe Kokke
Photo credit: Sibe Kokke
- Flag of Fascist America
Flag of an Imaginary Country based on the USA & Canada with a Fascistic Dictatorial regime.
Photo credit: Yire Shalom 3000
- Fascist's Toy
Otokar Cobra, ready to smash the opposition movement in Bangladesh.
Photo credit: hasaniqbal
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Fascist
Click on an item to play that video:
- Fascist Meaning
Video shows what fascist means. Of or relating to fascism.. Supporting the principles of fascism.. Unfairly oppressive or needlessly strict.. fascist pronunciation.
- Every Republican In America Is By Definition, A Fascist
No description needed on this one.
- Fascist (Noun) - Daily Dictionary
See also the pronunciation examples of Fascist!
Quotes about Fascist
Scrabble value of F4A1S1C3I1S1T1
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine