Fibre Optic Cable
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun fibre optic cable
What does fibre optic cable mean as a name of something?
- a cable made of optical fibers that can transmit large amounts of information at the speed of light
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of fibre optic cable: fiber optic cable
- more generic terms: cable / line / transmission line = a conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power
- part of: fiber-optic transmission system / fibre-optic transmission system / FOTS = a communication system using fiber optic cables
- part: optical fiber / optical fibre / glass fiber / glass fibre = a very thin fiber made of glass that functions as a waveguide for light
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fibre Optic Cable
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Xerxes Mazda, Fraidoon Mazda
fibre optic cable: See ...
Figure 2 A fibre optic cable for spectroscopy consists of a core material (quartz) and a cladding with a lower refractive index (doped quartz) and a rugged supportive jacket. Light is transported by total internal reflection.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fibre Optic Cable
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fibre Optic Cable
Click on an item to view that photo:
Fibre optic cable for fSpace
Photo credit: samwilson.id.au
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Anagrams of FIBRE OPTIC CABLE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Fibre Optic Cable to see it in context!