On this page:
- Definition of the noun florida
- Phrases with Florida
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Florida
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Florida
- Photos about Florida
- Videos about Florida
- Sign language
- Quotes about Florida
- Scrabble value of F4L1O1R1I1D2A1
- Anagrams of FLORIDA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun florida
What does florida mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
- examples: The weather in Florida is generally moderate. | Mike has a few friends in Florida. | Bill came all the way from Florida. | John comes from Florida and his wife from California. | I have never gone to Florida. | The climate of Florida in the wintertime is milder than that of Iowa. | The swans migrate from here to Florida. | They are sufficiently well off to be able to spend each winter in Florida. | I was born in the north, but now I live in Florida. | This meant Florida had to count the votes again.
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of Florida: Everglade State / FL / Fla. / Sunshine State
- instance of: American state = one of the 50 states of the United States
- part of: America / the States / U.S. / U.S.A. / United States / United States of America / US / USA = North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; Gulf States = a region of the United States comprising states bordering the Gulf of Mexico
- Caloosahatchee Canal = a canal that connects Lake Okeechobee with the Caloosahatchee River in southern Florida to form part of the Cross-Florida Waterway
- Biscayne National Park = a national park in Florida having underwater coral reefs and marine life
- Everglades National Park = a national park in Florida containing an immense subtropical wilderness with mangrove swamps and rare birds and wild animals
- Daytona Beach = a resort town in northeast Florida on the Atlantic coast
- Fort Lauderdale = a city in southeast Florida on the Atlantic coast to the north of Miami
- Fort Myers = a town in southwest Florida
- Gainesville = a university town in north central Florida
- Jacksonville = Florida's largest city
- Key West = a town on the westernmost of the Florida keys in the Gulf of Mexico
- Melbourne = a resort town in east central Florida
- Miami = a city and resort in southeastern Florida on Biscayne Bay; the best known city in Florida
- Miami Beach = a city in southeastern Florida on an island between Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean
- Orlando = a city in central Florida
- Palm Beach = a resort town in southeast Florida on an island on the Atlantic coast
- Panama City = a resort and fishing town on the Gulf of Mexico in northwest Florida
- Pensacola = a town in extreme northwest Florida
- Sarasota = a town in west central Florida on the Gulf of Mexico
- Saint Augustine / St. Augustine = a resort city in northeastern Florida
- Saint Petersburg / St. Petersburg = a city in western Florida on Tampa Bay
- capital of Florida / Tallahassee = capital of the state of Florida
- Tampa = a resort city in western Florida
- West Palm Beach = a town in southeast Florida on the mainland opposite Palm Beach
- Apalachicola River / Apalachicola = a river in northwestern Florida formed by the confluence of the Chattahoochee River and the Flint River at the Florida border
- Biscayne Bay = a narrow bay formed by an inlet from the Atlantic Ocean in southeastern Florida
- Caloosahatchee River / Caloosahatchee = a river in southern Florida that flows westerly to the Gulf of Mexico
- Cape Canaveral / Cape Kennedy = a sandy promontory (formerly Cape Kennedy) extending into the Atlantic Ocean from a barrier island off the eastern coast of Florida
- Everglades = a large subtropical swamp in southern Florida that is noted for its wildlife
- Florida key / cay / key = a coral reef off the southern coast of Florida
- Kissimmee River / Kissimmee = a river of central Florida that flows southward to Lake Okeechobee
- Lake Okeechobee / Okeechobee = a lake in southeast Florida to the north of the Everglades
- Okefenokee Swamp = a large swampy area of northeast Florida and southeast Georgia
- Saint Johns River / St. Johns River / Saint Johns / St. Johns = a river in northeastern Florida that flows northward to Jacksonville and then eastward to empty into the Atlantic Ocean
- Tampa Bay = an arm of the Gulf of Mexico in west central Florida
- member of: Confederacy / Confederate States / Confederate States of America / Dixie / Dixieland / South = the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861
- Florida is a state in the southeastern region of the United States, bordered to the west by the Gulf of Mexico, to the north by Alabama and Georgia, to the east by the Atlantic Ocean, and to the south by the Straits of Florida. Florida is the 22nd most extensive, the 4th most populous, and the 8th most densely populated of the 50 United States. The state capital is Tallahassee, the largest city is Jacksonville, and the largest metropolitan area is the Miami metropolitan area.
- Florida is a municipality of Puerto Rico located north of Ciales, south of Barceloneta, east of Arecibo, and west of Manatí. Florida is spread over one ward and Florida Pueblo. It is part of the San Juan-Caguas-Guaynabo Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- also known as Florida, Puerto Rico; Florida / Florida city
- part of Puerto Rico, San Juan-Caguas-Guaynabo, PR Metropolitan Statistical Area, United States, with Territories
- Florida is the capital of Florida Department of Uruguay. Having a population of over 33,000, it is home to almost half of the inhabitants of the department.
- Florida is a village in Orange County, New York, United States. The population was 2,833 at the 2010 census estimates. It is part of the Poughkeepsie–Newburgh–Middletown, NY Metropolitan Statistical Area as well as the larger New York–Newark–Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA Combined Statistical Area. The village is located in the town of Warwick, with two small northern portions in the town of Goshen. Florida is at the convergence of Routes 17A, 25, and 94.
- Florida is a town in Berkshire County, Massachusetts, United States. It is part of the Pittsfield, Massachusetts Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is home to the east portal of the Hoosac Tunnel, as well as Whitcomb Summit, the highest point of the Mohawk Trail. Florida contains the village of Drury. At the 2010 census the town had a total population of 752.
- Florida is a village in Monroe County, Missouri, United States. It is located at the intersection of Missouri Route 107 and State Route U on the shores of Mark Twain Lake. The population was nine residents according to the 2000 United States Census. Following the 2010 Census the village was reported as uninhabited. The Mark Twain Birthplace State Historic Site is located in Florida, with Mark Twain State Park nearby.
- Florida is a village in Henry County, Ohio, United States, along the Maumee River. The population was 232 at the 2010 census.
- Florida is a town and municipality located in the Department of Valle del Cauca, Colombia.
- Florida is a town south of the Mohawk River in Montgomery County, New York, United States. The population was 2,696 in the 2010 United States Census. The town was named after the state of Florida. It is located in the eastern end of Montgomery County and is south of the City of Amsterdam, which it borders.
- Florida is a municipality and city in the Camagüey Province of Cuba. It is located 40 km north-west of Camagüey, along the Carretera Central highway. The city was established in 1907, and the municipality was established in 1924.
- Florida a.k.a. Florida Department: Florida is a department of Uruguay. Its capital is Florida. It is located in the south of the central part of the country with Durazno Department to its north, the departments of Treinta y Tres and Lavalleja to its east, Canelones Department to its south and the departments of Flores and San José to its west.
- read more about Florida Department
- Florida is a Barcelona Metro station in the municipality of L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, served by L1. The station opened in 1987 as part of the newly built extension of the subway line further into L'Hospitalet. It's located underneath avinguda Catalunya between carrer Ceravalls and carrer Mimoses. Its platforms are 98 m. long.
- Florida is a station on Line B of the Buenos Aires Underground.
- Florida is an unincorporated community in Lafayette Township, Madison County, Indiana.
There are other places with in their name, like La Florida, Florida Keys, Florida Hills, South Florida, Villa Florida, Florida Gators, Central Florida, Florida College, Seville Florida, Spanish Florida, Florida Aquarium, Florida Township, Legoland Florida, Villa La Florida, Florida Panhandle, Hoërskool Florida, Indianola Florida, Florida de Liébana.
- "Florida": "Florida, Where the Sawgrass Meets the Sky" is the official anthem of the State of Florida. Originally written as a replacement for the state song, "Old Folks at Home", it was instead designated as the state's official anthem in 2008.
- "Florida" is the debut full-length studio album by producer and DJ Diplo, released in 2004 on the Big Dada label. Florida was pressed twice: first with a CD and a second time with a CD and DVD created by System D-128.
- "Florida" is an album by Sofia Talvik and was released 2010.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Florida" is a musical album of Jussu Pöyhönen.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Florida" is a musical album of Lost Reflection.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Florida" is a musical EP of The Changes.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Florida" is a composition.
- "Florida" is a musical single of Mount Pleasant.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Florida" is a musical album of David-Ivar Herman Düne.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Florida" is a musical album of Dan Gibson.
- released on (19 years ago)
- "Florida" is a musical single of Aberdeen.
- released in (11 years ago)
- "Florida" is a composition.
- music by Rob Fetters
- "Florida" is a book written by Christine Schutt.
- language: English Language
- released in (13 years ago)
- award: - National Book Award for Fiction nomination for Christine Schutt
- "Florida" is a book by Paul Strathern.
- also known as "Florida (Versatile Guides)"
- genre: Travel
- subjects: North America, United States of America, Florida
- "Florida" is a book by Gloria Jahoda.
- subjects: Florida, History of the Americas, History
Florida is a ballet in 3 Acts-5 Scenes, with choreography by Marius Petipa and music by Cesare Pugni. The libretto is by Marius Petipa.
Phrases with Florida
Phrases starting with the word Florida:
- Florida Gar
- florida key
- Florida Yam
- florida yew
- Florida Balm
- florida bean
- Florida Cone
- Florida Dock
- Florida Mice
- Florida Room
- Florida Anise
- Florida Aspen
- Florida Bluet
Phrases ending with the word Florida:
View more phrases with the word Florida in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Florida
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Florida is the southernmost state in the continental United States. Year-round warm weather is why many people come to...
A Guide for Professionals Supporting the Criminal Justice System by Paul R. Laska
Florida is the fourth most populous state. It contains major tourist attractions – the Orlando entertainment...
Commercially, Florida is a major hub for international trade, ...
Paul Harary~ age 42, ofBoca Raton, Florida is a private investor. 6. Douglas Zemsky, age 43, ofHallendale, Florida is a private investor who was associated with the DC Capital Group, LLC., and was also in the business ofacquiring, ." cleaning ...
Farmers' Bulletin (1954)
For beans for marketing fresh, Florida is the leading State, but North Carolina, New York. Louisiana, New Jersey, California. South Carolina ...
Cape May, NJ to Fernandina Beach, FL Detailed Coverage of the Intracoastal Waterway by Maptech
The Embassy Cruising Guide Chesapeake Bay to Florida is a must for recreational boaters traveling the waters of the Sunshine State's coasts and islands, with coverage extending all the way to Mobile Bay, Alabama.
by Donald Ricky
Though rumor suggests that they can be found among the North Carolina Cherokees and the present Florida Seminoles, none have yet been among these peoples. The Yuchi who were removed with the Creeks to Indian Territory in the early ...
Volume 7: Foodways by John T. Edge
(Florida State Archives) Grown in every state across the South, peaches are a. cycle of booms and busts in the decades after the Civil War, with up to as many as 5 million boxes shipped just before the devastating freeze of 1894–95. Before ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Florida
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Florida
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Florida
Click on an item to play that video:
- Blackstone's Explanation to a 2013 Constitutional Law Florida Bar Essay Question
Wallace M. Rudolph is a graduate of the University of Chicago School of Law. He has held membership in the Florida Bar, the United States Supreme Court Bar, ...
- Florida Meaning
Video shows what Florida means. A southeast state of the United States of America. Capital: Tallahassee; largest city: Jacksonville.. Florida pronunciation.
- Florida Bail Bonds|561-600-3132|FL 33401||Bondsman Definition|Fugitive Recovery| 24 Hour Emergency
- Pascal Comelade - Aigua de Florida (Swing Slang Song - 1999)
Pascal Comelade discography is available here...
- Brevard County, Florida Lawyer on: Understanding Trial Legal Terminology
- Garden Vocabulary (2) -- a free English Lesson in Florida
Let's learn about a Garden. This is a listening practice for students who want a REAL story. Steve sometimes records the conversations with friends so that you ...
- The meaning behind Florida's sunflowers
The meaning behind Florida's sunflowers UF players wear sunflowers in their hair in honor of Heather Braswell, who passed away last year.
- Short Sale vs Foreclosure| FREE Report|Definition|Process|Florida
Short Sale vs Foreclosure FREE Report "12 Reasons Not To Just Walk Away!" CLICK THIS LINK FREE ...
- Florida State Basketball Drill: 72 Layups: Explanation
- Vocabulary Lesson for Miss Hagedorn's First Graders in Florida
- The Legal Definition Of "Contract Consideration" In Florida
- Florida Tax Cut Package Explanation
Political Contributor Trimmel Gomes is in studio discussing tax cuts signed by Governor Rick Scott.
- Regional Dialect Meme - Florida
The meme. Say the following Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, ...
- Presentation Explanation Animation Video with Voice Over Tampa St Petersburg Florida
Presentation Explanation Animation Video with Voice Over Tampa St Petersburg Florida Video presentation for a fund-raising website. Explanation, presentation ...
- This wine is too ROUGH (ruff) WINE Vocabulary in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Kitchen Vocabulary (1) -- a free English Lesson in Florida
- Tell us about Frogs Legs! (Vocabulary in Florida)
- Florida vs. Georgia with meaning, Daryl Smith on IR
- Colon, diagnostics, screening in Florida Dr. Mekjian (another Vocabulary Lesson with Steve McCrea)
- SANY0010eleoNutri.MP4 Explanation of Nutrition, Free English Lesson in Florida
- EF Language Course - Cocoa Beach, Florida 2014
- The Language Company in Orlando, Florida
Hear what Carlos and Johanna have to say about studying English at TLC-Orlando, all the attractions in Central Florida, and living with an American homestay.
- LAL Fort Lauderdale, English Language School in Florida, USA
Learn English with LAL English language school in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Steve's free class on April 27 Florida Language School (6)
- Florida 135 - The Language Of Rhythm (Main Room Mix)
Florida 135 - The Language Of Rhythm (Main Room Mix) 1996 Made In DJ .
- Steve's free class on April 27 Florida Language School (5)
- LAL English language school in Boca Raton at Lynn University, Florida
Learn English with LAL English language schools. English language courses in the USA. A beautifully landscaped 123-acre campus with seven freshwater ...
- Body Language Dance Studio in Marathon Florida - a Conch Records video for KeysVideoDirectory
Boday Language, the only dance studio in the Middle Keys of the fFlorida Keys. Enjoy this video, and every other video found in TheKeysDirectory AND in the ...
- TLA - The Language Academy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Learn English in Fort Lauderdale, in Florida, the "Sunshine State"!
- The Language Academy in Florida - Ambassadors Studies & Work Abroad
See also the pronunciation examples of Florida!
Click on an item to play that video:
- MATA Sign Language Media Expo - Florida 2012
Don't miss the exciting event this coming September 8, 2012. The event takes its place in Kissimmee, Florida! Please spread around and see you there!
- University of Florida Students Practice their Sign Language Skills
University of Florida students in American Sign Language classes socialized with deaf students from the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind at the Signing ...
Quotes about Florida
The Florida State League was considered the top A-league back then. You played in the spring training parks of major league teams, traveled throughout some great cities in Florida, and the pay was the best in A-ball. (Jim Evans)
more quotes about florida...
Scrabble value of F4L1O1R1I1D2A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of FLORIDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Florida!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Florida to see it in context!