Fond appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- A dim or fond 'No' from Ida?
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective fond
- Definition of the noun fond
- Definition of the verb fond
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fond
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fond
- Photos about Fond
- Video language resources about Fond
- Quotes about Fond
- Scrabble value of F4O1N1D2
- Share this page
The word fond is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective fond
What does fond mean as an attribute of a noun?
Fond is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: fonder | fondest
- having or displaying warmth or affection
- extravagantly or foolishly loving and indulgent
- (followed by `of' or `to') having a strong preference or liking for
- absurd or silly because unlikely
- examples: fond hopes of becoming President | fond fancies
- similar: foolish
Alternative definition of the adjective fond
Definition of the noun fond
What does fond mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: fonds
- The background design in lace-making.
Definition of the verb fond
What does fond mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: fonded | fonding | fonds
- [obsolete] To have a foolish affection for, to be fond of.
"Fond" is a musical album of Fire Engines.
- released in (23 years ago)
Fond a.k.a. Deglazing is a cooking technique for removing and dissolving browned food residue from a pan to make a sauce, known as a pan sauce, that is often made to accompany sauteed meats. The browned residue is due to either the Maillard reaction or caramelization.
- read more about Deglazing
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fond
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Charles Gordon Sinclair
fond. de. gibier. foie de volaille (Frl masc. Chicken livers foil see aluminium foil foiolo alla milanese (Itl Tripe and onion stew with cheese foi thong (Thl A dessert made hy pouring heaten egg in a thin stream into hot sugar syrup. A type of roti ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fond
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fond
Click on an item to view that photo:
Image libre de droit, servez-vous. Partagez. Transformez. Reformatez.
Photo credit: 22avril.org
- La neige fond
Photo credit: http://coline-buch.fr/
- Ca brille au fond
Hasselblad 45mm f/4
Kodak Portra 160
Photo credit: Christopher Crouzet
- Je vis au fond de ma bulle!!!!!!!!
Photo credit: *** Fanch The System !!! ***
- Fond de la gorge
Photo credit: photoslyben
- Pointes Grand Fond
Photo credit: Björn S...
View more pictures about Fond du Lac.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Fond
Click on an item to play that video:
- Fond Meaning
Video shows what fond means. Having a liking or affection (for).. Affectionate.. Indulgent.. Fond Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- Shakespeare Vocabulary - Fond
Shakespeare, Vocabulary, Romeo and Juliet.
- Fond Memories: Improving Vocabulary
- Au fond Meaning
Video shows what au fond means. deep down, in the end. Au fond Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say au fond. Powered by ...
- Vocabulary: Fond
- Straight "A" Vocab - Learn Vocabulary from Sherlock Holmes - Repertoire Fond
Mr. "A" shares the Straight "A" Word of the Day! - Repertoire, Fond With Sherlock Holmes, you are most likely to get multiple Words of the Day!
- Straight "A" Vocab - Learn Vocabulary from a Superhero/villain - Fond
See also the pronunciation examples of Fond!
Quotes about Fond
Scrabble value of F4O1N1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Fond to see it in context!