On this page:
Fort Worth is the 17th-largest city in the United States of America and the fifth-largest city in the state of Texas. Located in North Central Texas, the city is a cultural gateway into the American West and covers nearly 350 square miles in Tarrant, Denton, Parker, and Wise counties—serving as the seat for Tarrant County. According to the 2013 census estimates, Fort Worth had a population of 792,727. The city is the second-largest in the Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington metropolitan area.
- also known as Fort Worth, Texas; Ft. Worth, texas; Tarrant County / Fort Worth city; Forth worth, Texas
- part of United States of America, Texas, Denton County, Tarrant County, Area codes 682 and 817, Area code 817, Area code 682
- read more about Fort Worth (city)
- "Fort Worth" is a 1951 western film directed by Edwin L. Marin and starring Randolph Scott. It is Marin's final directing work, as he died two months before the release.
- also known as Texas Express, Contra o Crime, Das letzte Fort, L'ultima sfida, La furie du Texas, Mitt i faran, Peloton urho, To telos tou prodoti, Rivale und Verräte, Domador de Motins
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Anthony Veiller
- art direction by Stanley Fleischer
- written by John Twist
- Randolph Scott as Ned Britt
- David Brian as Blair Lunsford
- Phyllis Thaxter as Flora Talbot
- Helena Carter as Amy Brooks
- Dick Jones as Luther Wicks
- Ray Teal as Gabe Clevenger
- Michael Tolan as Mort Springer
- Paul Picerni as Joe Castro
- Emerson Treacy as Ben Garvin
- Bob Steele as Shorty
- Walter Sande as Deputy Waller
- Chubby Johnson as Sheriff
- cinematography by Sidney Hickox
- edited by Clarence Kolster & Clarence Kolster
- music by David Buttolph
- set decoration by G.W. Berntsen
- genres: Western, Action Film
- released on (64 years ago)
- "Fort Worth": The Last Fort is a 1928 German silent war film directed by Curtis Bernhardt and starring Rolla Norman, Maria Paudler and Albert Steinrück.
Fort Worth is a brewery / brand of beer.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fort Worth
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Journalism (2009)
by Christopher H. Sterling
Today, Fort Worth is an urban center with a vibrant downtown entertainment district and renowned art museums. It is home to AMR Corporation, the parent company of American Airlines, and RadioShack Corporation, among other companies.
(including Alaska) by Mary Grace Wilmarth
Fort Worth limestone. (In Washita group.) Lower Cretaceous (Comanche series): Eastern Texas, central southern and southeastern Oklahoma, and southwestern Arkansas.
by Geological Survey (U.S.)
Dak Fort Valley, Ga Fortville, lnd Fort Washington , Pa Fort Wayne, Ind Fort White, Fla Fort Worth, Tex Fort Worth Jnnction, Colo Anthority.
Fort Worth. Birthdate: 1913. Birthplace: Fort Worth. Deathdate: 1993. Deathplace: Fort Worth. Studied: FWSFA; Colorado College, Colorado Springs ...
by Joan M. Marter
Fort Worth, TX, Mod. A. Mus. Framingham, MA, Danforth Mus. A. Frankfurt am Main, Gal. Neuendorf Frankfurt am Main, Kstver. Frankfurt am Main, Schirn Ksthalle Frankfurt am Main, Städel. Kstinst. & Städt. Gal. Fremont, CA Sch. Deaf Fresno, ...
Volume 33 - The Wellesley College Library to Zoological Literature: A Review by Allen Kent, Harold Lancour, Jay E. Daily
McMurtrie, The First Printing onthe Island of Tobago, National Association for Printing Education, Fort Worth, Texas, 1943. 41. D. C. McMurtrie, Notes on the Beginning of Printing on the Island of Trinidad, National Association for Printing ...
by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby
FORT WORTH. A city and the county-seat of Tarrant County, Texas, 30 miles west of Dallas ; on Trinity River, and on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe, the Texas and Pacific, the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific, the Fort Worth and Denver, the ...
Nelson's Encyclopaedia (1907)
Everybody's Book of Reference ...
Fort Worth, city, Tex., co: seat of Tarrant ...
A Reference Guide for Attorneys, Legal Secretaries, Paralegals and Law Students by Mary Miles Prince
Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Texarkana, Amarillo, El Paso, Beaumont, Waco,Eastland, Tyler,Corpus Christi and Houston [14th Dist.]. In addition, Texas state courtsalso require writ history ( for ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fort Worth
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fort Worth
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Fort Worth
Photo credit: Life Lenses
- Fort Worth
Cowtown's Farmer's and Merchant's National Bank (The frontier Army post was dubbed "Cowtown" around the 1860s or '70s when it became a major stop for cowboys herding their cattle to Kansas and Missouri.)
Photo credit: liberalmind1012
- Fort Worth
Photo credit: wilhelmja
- Fort Worth
Photo credit: Lars Plougmann
- Fort Worth
Fort Worth, Texas
Photo credit: osiristhe
- Fort Worth Stockyards
Photo credit: Alex Butterfield
- Lucky Strike Fort Worth
Photo credit: The Travelista
- Fort Worth, Made in USA
Photo credit: sashafatcat
- A Fort Worth company
Not a parade, but kind of cool nonetheless
Photo credit: A Glass of Chianti
- Let's Fort Worth Talk
Photo credit: K.Muncie
- Anselm Keifer, Fort Worth Modern
Photo credit: allisonmeier
- Bridge - Fort Worth TX
Photo credit: texasfeel
- Tarrant County Courthouse, Fort Worth, Texas
Photo credit: Ken Lund
- Fort Worth Japanese Garden
Cloudy day at the Japanese Garden
Photo credit: guyjr1136
Videos about Fort Worth
Click on an item to play that video:
- Fort Worth TX Dentists Share An Explanation of LANAP Periodontal Therapy
- Fort Worth Meaning
Video shows what Fort Worth means. Large city in the state of Texas, (United States).. Fort Worth Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- The Language Company in Fort Worth, Texas
Visit with Jisung and Yochana at The Language Company in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas on the campus of Texas Wesleyan University as they talk about classes at ...
- Speech Language Pathology Education in Fort Worth, TX
- Rotary Club of Fort Worth International - Dictionary Giveaway!
See also the pronunciation examples of Fort Worth!
Quotes about Fort Worth
I grew up in Texas, but that was 20 years ago. Last year, in Fort Worth, they had hail the size of softballs. We're seeing more and more powerful storms, of all types, almost on a biblical level. (Bill Paxton)