On this page:
- Definition of the noun Galerucella
- Phrases with Galerucella
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Galerucella
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Galerucella
- Photos about Galerucella
- Video language resources about Galerucella
- Scrabble value of G2A1L1E1R1U1C3E1L1L1A1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Galerucella
What does Galerucella mean as a name of something?
Galerucella is a genus of Chrysomelidae, described by Crotch in 1873.
- synonyms: genus Galerucella / Hydrogaleruca / genus Hydrogaleruca
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Coleoptera
- family: Chrysomelidae
- species Galerucella affinis
- species Galerucella aquatica
- species Galerucella australis
- species Galerucella brevicollis
- species Galerucella brevivittata
- species Galerucella bruneiensis
- species Galerucella conjuncta
- species Galerucella cyclopea
- species Galerucella decemvittata
- species Galerucella dufresni
- species Galerucella emarginata
- species Galerucella funesta
- species Galerucella ganalensis
- species Galerucella geniculata
- species Galerucella grisescens
- species Galerucella hexarhabdota
- species Galerucella humbloti
- species Galerucella jacobyi
- species Galerucella jacobyi
- species Galerucella jamaicensis
- species Galerucella lineola
- species Galerucella maculipes
- species Galerucella madagascariensis
- species Galerucella melanocephala
- species Galerucella nymphaea
- species Galerucella nymphaeae
- species Galerucella orthodera
- species Galerucella oteroi
- species Galerucella parvicollis
- species Galerucella pauperata
- species Galerucella picea
- species Galerucella pusilla
- species Galerucella rugosa
- species Galerucella semipullata
- species Galerucella sericella
- species Galerucella serrata
- species Galerucella spiloptera
- species Galerucella tenella
- species Galerucella tropica
- species Galerucella usambarica
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Galerucella is a genus of Coleoptera.
Galerucella is a subgenus of Galerucella, described by Crotch in 1873.
Phrases with Galerucella
Phrases starting with the word Galerucella:
- Galerucella Rugosa
- Galerucella Lineola
- Galerucella Placida
- Galerucella Pusilla
- Galerucella Tenella
- Galerucella Aquatica
- Galerucella Australis
- Galerucella nymphaeae
- Galerucella Grisescens
- Galerucella Semipullata
- Galerucella Calmariensis
Phrase ending with the word Galerucella:
Other phrases containing the word Galerucella:
- Species Galerucella Rugosa
- Species Galerucella Placida
- Species Galerucella Pusilla
- Species Galerucella Australis
- Species Galerucella Nymphaeae
- Species Galerucella Grisescens
- Species Galerucella Semipullata
- Species Galerucella Calmariensis
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Galerucella
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by American Entomological Society
Galerucella is the equivalent of Galeruca Chap., which has erroneously been placed among the genera with closed front coxal cavities. Scelolyperus is the equivalent of Scelida Chap. Of the genera in the following table the following are 58 ...
by Manuel Merino-Rodríguez
galeruca del sauce it galerucella dei salici de kleiner gelber Blattkäfer 661 Galemcella luteola see; G. xanthomelaena 662 Galemcella nymphaeae en pond lily leaf beetle fr galeruque du nénuphar el galeruca del nenûfar it galerucella delle ...
From Africanized Honey Bees to Zebra Mussels by Susan L. Woodward, Joyce A. Quinn
A leaf beetle (Galerucella bimanica), which is widespread in northeastern Asia, can cause complete defoliation of whole populations. Different stages in its life cycle eat different parts of the leaves, leaving only a vein skeleton behind. However ...
Encyclopedia of Entomology (2008)
by John L. Capinera
As has been observed in Galerucella and Aspidomorpha, this muscle is paired in development.
The Century Dictionary (1914)
An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language
Elm leaf-beetle, a European chrysomelid beetle, Galerucella luteola, first introduced into the United States near Baltimore about 1840. It has spread north and south, and is Elm Leaf-beetle (Galerucella Wuteola). a, eggs; b, larvae; c, adult; e, ...
by O. P. Singh, S. K. Srivastava
Singhara beetle: Galerucella birmanica (Jacoby) (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae). It is widely distributed in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma and India and is a serious pest of water nuts (Trapa bispinosa Rox (b). Damaged is caused by the grubs and ...
by Vladimir V. Gouli, Svetlana Y. Gouli, Jose A.P. Marcelino
Galerucella calmariensis the black-margined loosestrife beetle ...
From Acacia to Zinnia by Christopher Cumo
The water lily beetle (Galerucella nymphaeae) is a brown beetle twice the size of a ladybug. It alights on water lily leaves in June, laying eggs that hatch in one week. The larvae feed on leaves. Once more the gardener may spray leaves with ...
by Daniel Simberloff, Marcel Rejmanek
Leaf feeding beetle (Galerucella calmariensis, ...
by I. C. Gupta, S. K. Gupta
Galerucella birmanica See water chestnut beetle. Galileo See linear acceleration . Gall Outgrowth or swelling, often more or less spherical, or unorganised plant ...
Cherry leaf-beetle, an American chrysomelid beetle, Galerucella co'coilis, which feeds on the foliage of the cherry.
a European chrysomelid beetle, Galerucella luteola, first introduced into the United States near Baltimore about 1840.
a reference system of commercial horticulture, covering the practical and scientific phases of horticulture, with special reference to fruits and vegetables by William Worthington
Essio Cherry Leaf Beetle Galerucella cavicollis In September a small, dark red beetle, less than one-fourth inch long, may be found feeding on the leaves of cherries. The antennae and parts of the legs are black. It is partial to the wild ...
— Elm leaf-beetle, a European chrysomelid beetle, Galerucella luteola, first introduced into the United States near Baltimore about 1840. It has spread north and south, and is Elm Leaf-beetle (Galerucella luteola).
A Dictionary of Entomology (2011)
WATER LILY LEAF-BEETLE Galerucella nymphaeae (Linnaeus) [Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae]. WATER LILY LEAF-CUTTER Synclita obliteralis (Walker) [ Lepidoptera: Pyralidae]. WATER LOVERS Hydrophilus spp. [Coleoptera: Hydrophilidae] ...
by Donald Wyman
The leaf-eating beetle (Galerucella nymphaeae) is a pest in a number of states.
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1911)
— "EtiSi leaf-beetle, a European chrysomelid beetle, Galerucella luteola, first introduced into the United States near Baltimore about 1840.
Same as poplar filed-beetle—Elm leaf-beetle, a European cllrysomelid beetle, Galerucella lutcola, first introduced into the United States near Baltimore about 1840. It has spread north and south, and iii Elm Leaf-beetle (Galzrurrlla lurnla).
Based on the International Dictionary of 1890 and 1900 by William Torrey Harris, Frederic Sturges Allen
A small red beetle (Galerucella cagicollis) which attacks the leaves of cherry and peach trees. cherry mildew. A mildew fungus (Podosphora orycantha) attacking the cherry, *P. and pear. cherry, pepper. A variety of pepper (Capsicum annuum ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Galerucella
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Galerucella
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Galerucella
Click on an item to play that video:
- Galerucella nymphaea
Water Lily Leaf Beetle - These beetles congregate on water lilies where they find food and mates. Paq Lake, Madeira Park, BC.
- Kids release Galerucella along the Neponset
The Neponset River Watershed Association is trying to reduce the amount of Purple Loosestrife (an invasive species) along the Neponset River by releasing ...
- Galerucella beetle harvest
Adirondack Park Invasive Plant Program (APIPP) Summer Educator, Billy Martin, collects Galerucella beetles under the supervision of Terrestrial Invasive ...
- Galerucella Beetle Project
According to Galarucella beetles, Purple Loosestrife is delicious. Metro Vancouver Parks is studying the potential of these beetles as a biological control against ...
- Video 3. Releasing of the Galerucella Beetles Back into the Wild
- Galerucella VS Purple Loosestrife
- Galerucella VS Purple Loosestrife
This is the story of the ongoing battle between the purple loosestrife and the galerucella beetle.
- Galerucella beetle larvae Cambridge Ontario 2013
Galerucella calmariensis and G. pusilla are leaf feeding beetles that are natural predators and classical biocontrol agents of the herbaceous non-native plant ...
Scrabble value of G2A1L1E1R1U1C3E1L1L1A1
The value of this 11-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Galerucella to find many related words and phrases!