Garage appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Garage breeder of ebony asses, say no before deer beg a rag.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun garage
- Definition of the verb garage
- Phrases with Garage
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Garage
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Garage
- Photos about Garage
- Videos about Garage
- Sign language
- Quotes about Garage
- Scrabble value of G2A1R1A1G2E1
- Share this page
Garage is sometimes a misspelling of gallery.
The word garage is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun garage
What does garage mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: garages
- an outbuilding (or part of a building) for housing automobiles
- a repair shop where cars and trucks are serviced and repaired
Alternative definition of the noun garage
- A building (or section of a building) used to store a car, tools and other miscellaneous items.
- [chiefly British, and, Canada] A place where cars are serviced and repaired.
- [chiefly British, and, Canada] A petrol filling station,
- [dated, 20th century, North America] An independent automobile repair shop.
- [attributive] A type of guitar rock music, personified by amateur bands playing in the basement or garage.
- [British] A type of electronic dance music.
Definition of the verb garage
What does garage mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: garaged | garaging | garages
- keep or store in a garage
- example: we don't garage our car
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - human or organization] [Verb] [Theme] Lydia pocketed the change [Agent - human or organization] [Verb] [Theme] in / on / under [Location] Lydia pocketed the change in her left pocket
Verbs of Putting (with the same syntax): archive, bag, bank, beach, bed, bench, billet, bin, bottle, box, cage, can, case, cellar, cloister, coop, corral, crate, file, fork, hangar, house, imprison, jail, jar, jug, kennel, pasture, pen, pillory, pocket, pot, sheathe, shelve, shoulder, skewer, snare, spindle, spit, spool, string, tassel, tin, trap, tree, warehouse.
- lexical domain: Possession - verbs of buying, selling, owning
- more generic word: store = find a place for and put away for storage
- "Garage" is a 2007 Irish film directed by Lenny Abrahamson and written by Mark O'Halloran, the same team behind Adam & Paul. It stars Pat Shortt, Anne-Marie Duff and Conor J. Ryan. The film tells the story of a lonely petrol station attendant and how he slowly begins to come out of his shell.
- also known as Garázs, Garaje, Josie no shûri kôjô, Stacja benzynowa
- country: Republic of Ireland
- language: English Language
- producer: Ed Guiney
- executive producers: Peter Carlton & Andrew Lowe
- production design by Padraig O'Neill
- art direction by Michael Moynihan
- written by Mark O'Halloran
- Pat Shortt as Josie
- Anne-Marie Duff as Carmel
- Conor Ryan as David
- Tommy Fitzgerald as Declan
- John Keogh as Mr. Gallagher
- George Costigan as Dan
- Anne Byrne as Vivienne
- Gary Lilburn as Val
- Brian Doherty as Bon
- Don Wycherley as Breffni
- Denis Conway as Garda Michael
- Andrew Bennett as Sully
- Suzy Lawlor as Louise
- Fiona Kelly as Woman at Pumps
- Tom Hickey as Mr. Skerrit
- Una Kavanagh as Pauline
- casting by Amy Rowan
- cinematography by Peter Robertson
- edited by Isobel Stephenson
- music by Stephen Rennicks
- costume design by Sonya Lennon
- genres: Comedy, Drama
- released on (8 years ago)
- official website: www.garagethefilm.com
- "Garage" is a 1999 short film directed by the SF Art & Film Students.
"Garage" is a book by Aaron Fagan.
- Garage a.k.a. UK Garage is a genre of electronic music originating from England in the early 1990s. The genre usually features a distinctive syncopated 4/4 percussive rhythm with 'shuffling' hi-hats and beat-skipping kick drums. It combines four-on-the-floor rhythms with breakbeats. Garage tracks also commonly feature 'chopped up' and time-shifted or pitch-shifted vocal samples complementing the underlying rhythmic structure at a tempo usually around 130 BPM. UK garage was largely subsumed into other styles of music and production in the mid-2000s, including dubstep, bassline and grime. The decline of UK garage during the mid-2000s saw the birth of UK funky, which is closely related.
- read more about UK Garage
- "Garage" is Cross Canadian Ragweed's seventh album. A limited release special edition included a bonus DVD containing six videos, one chronicling the band's 10th anniversary. The album inclues the singles "Fightin' For" and "This Time Around", both of which charted on Hot Country Songs.
- "Garage" is a musical album of Mental As Anything.
- released on (17 years ago)
- "Garage" is a musical album of The Thing.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Garage" is a musical album of The Real Kids.
Garage is a rock band from Czechoslovakia. The Band was founded in Prague in 1979 by Ivo Pospíšil from DG 307. In 1980s there he played on guitar Milan Hlavsa from The Plastic People of the Universe. After the Velvet Revolution in 1989 Garage concerts in abroad. At that time the band played Joe Karafiát, one of the most acclaimed solo guitarists in Prague, who lived in Canada before the revolution. In 1994 was released album Garage, produced by Ivan Kral.
- also known as Garáž; Tony Ducháček & Garage; Ducháček, Tony & Garage
- Tony Ducháček (Vocals) since
- Ivo Pospíšil (Bass guitar) between and (14 years)
- Joe Karafiát (Guitar) since
- Jan Macháček (Guitar) since
- David Fikrle (Bass guitar) since
- Milan Hlavsa (Guitar) between and (6 years)
- Karel Habal (Vocals) between and
- Tomáš Volák (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Ivan Cifrinec (Saxophone) between and
- Zdeněk Smetana (Drums) between and
- Josef Vondrášek (Guitar) between and
- Jaroslav Jeřábek (Saxophone) since
- Antonín Pěnička (Drums) since
- Jindřich Biskup (Saxophone) between and (4 years)
- Petr Hlinomaz (Guitar) between and
- Radek Pospíšil (Vocals) in
- Tomáš Svoboda (Trumpet) between and (2 years)
- Radek Šimůnek (Guitar) in
- Jiří Jelínek (Trombone) between and (4 years)
- Tomáš Kurfürst (Trumpet) between and
- Ivan Pavlů (Drums) between and
- Martin Pošta (Trombone) in
- Antonín Hlávka (Percussion) since
- Aleš Hyský (Guitar) since
- Vasil Nikolas (Guitar) since
- Tomáš Belko (Saxophone) between and (4 years)
- Martin Kreutzberg (Drums)
- Tomáš Kriesel (Guitar)
- Vladimír Zatloukal (Guitar) in
- Martin Kvasnička (Percussion) since
- Josef Janíček (Keyboard)
- Tadeáš Věrčák (Guitar) between and (3 years)
- genre: Rock music
- albums: "To byla Garáž" (disc 2: Demo 2), "To byla Garáž" (disc 1: Demo), "The Best Of", "Black!", "Apogeum", "No parking!"
- official website: www.garageband.cz
Garage is a clothing store, primarily targeting the teenage girl demographic.
- official website: www.garage.ca
- Garage is a Venue, Building in Winston-Salem.
- also known as The Garage
- Garage is a Venue, Building in Mobile.
- Garage is an alcopop produced by the Finnish brewery Sinebrychoff.
- Garage is a Bar initiated 1990 in Bergen, with a branch established 2004 in Oslo. Both of the bars also have their own concert Departments. Bergen branch of Garage was created by Frode Svanevik together with veterans at the rock scene of Bergen, and quickly became one of the city's most popular venues, especially among students. Because of municipal rules on opening hours the bar was divided into two separate departments with different opening hours for several years. Garage is one of the most renowned rock clubs in Northern Europe.
- Garage was a music fanzine based in Dunedin, New Zealand, which was created and edited by journalist Richard Langston. Six issues were published during the 1980s. The first issue was only 18 photocopied pages and produced in a very small edition, but the final issue was printed in a run of more than a thousand.
- Garage is a print ad.
Phrases with Garage
Phrases starting with the word Garage:
Phrases ending with the word Garage:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Garage
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Life on the Wire (2012)
Avoid Burnout and Succeed in Work and Life by Todd Duncan
For most, the garage is typically the place where toys are collected, where Christmas trees are stored, and where the leftovers of a well-ordered life are hidden away. But for some, the garage is a place where common household duties are ...
A History of the Built Environment by Michael Behrendt
All too often, the garage is the most conspicuous feature on a dwelling, aggressively...
The garage is a distinct building mass separate from the main house. It is linked by a small section called a ...
by Scott Smith
The Upgrade Garage is an online section of the Tire Rack website that allows a user to select a vehicle make, model, and year, and to search for parts for that...
by Stuart Leland Rider
You will find out things about your area such as above 2,500 square feet, a house without a three-car garage is a slow seller.
Life Sentence (2009)
The Guy's Survival Guide to Getting Engaged and Married by J. D. Smith
Cleaning the garage is a better way to kill a weekend afternoon. Anything is. More to the point, you might get roped into this as part of the wedding package, but you have no right to inflict this distaff bullshit on your friends. They will resent you ...
Review and Analysis of Schmitt and Brown's Book by BusinessNews Publishing
” – BusinessWeek, August 2000 “The Garage is the prototype of ...
Simple Solutions to Control Clutter, Schedules and Stress by Debbie Lillard
designed system, many closet makeover companies also design cabinets for the garage. Just make sure your equipment is organized before the consultant designs a Garage Storage. The garage is an idealplace to store sports equipment.
Symbols, Signs, and Meanings by J.M. DeBord
See also: City, Fight, Group, Locker, Opponent, Men, Numbers, Rape, Shadow, Thief, Unconscious Mind, Urban Garage—Garages are used for storage, especially for storing cars and other items when they are not in use. Cars are associated ...
Third International EAMT Workshop, Heidelberg, Germany, April 26-28, 1993. Proceedings by Petra Steffens
COhum louer Cl a C2hurn Max loue un garage a Marie (= Max rents a garage to Marie) The situation is in fact more complex than this. The French verb louer (3) itself covers two distinguishable meanings, which are reflected by the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Garage
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Garage
Click on an item to view that photo:
Home, sweet home
Photo credit: eugeni_dodonov
Near Pioneer's Square in Seattle, WA
Photo credit: Jules Antonio
Photo credit: Kelly Sue
Nice type in backyard
Photo credit: Anjadora
Photo credit: bauernverband
Photo credit: ares64
A garage tucked away in Okazaki. Here one car is just too long to fit inside completely.
Photo credit: Mr Wabu
Photo credit: shingst
Photo credit: micahb37
Photo credit: aliwest44
The garage, and some of the back yard
Photo credit: Jellaluna
Photo credit: barron
In the South Wedge
Photo credit: kevingessner
Photo credit: aliwest44
Photo credit: Dr.Freshbeef
Photo credit: Make Lemons
Photo credit: PinkMoose
Photo credit: aliwest44
Photo credit: Jonas B
Photo credit: Tim @ Photovisions
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Garage
Click on an item to play that video:
- Danny J Lewis - A Definition Of Garage
- Lift table explanation, snowmobile ramp double deck storage for garage
An explanation on the design of the lift table. also wanted to show how it used to be a ramp and storage system for the sleds.
- Garage's That Have Meaning
Brooke's Garage Doors & Painting is a family owned business located in the Antelope Valley ... about 90 miles north of downtown Los Angeles ... who is ...
- Garage Meaning
Video shows what garage means. A building (or section of a building) used to store a car or cars, tools and other miscellaneous items.. A place where cars are ...
- May 2013: Explanation on fixing joint problems between concrete garage to asphalt driveway
Here is a compacted asphalt lay down to fix the joint problems between concrete garage and asphalt driveway. Common problem in Southern Ontario, as the ...
- Deep House | Danny J Lewis A definition of garage
- Wiring explanation in garage
Each outlet has its own breaker so you can load twelve amps at each outlet with out getting in trouble.
- Petrol garage Meaning
Video shows what petrol garage means. garage, petrol station. Petrol garage Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say petrol garage.
- Three guys in a garage Meaning
Video shows what three guys in a garage means. A small, agile group of startup innovators with a big idea, passion, and modest resources.. Three guys in a ...
- Danny J Lewis 'A Definition of Garage (96 kbps Preview)
- Garage Games Quest explanation
Run 1300 meters Run 800 m with bumper plate Run 1300 meters.
- Explanation of Formula One Racing Flags - Auto Body Garage San Francisco
Explanation of Formula One Racing Flags - Auto Body Garage San Francisco...
- Amazing garage band explanation on drums
- The Definition Of Garage Disco
This is Garage Disco.
- Royal Ape - Acoustic Garage (in Royal Definition)
- MEGA TEAM - Bringing You A Whole New Meaning To Garage Band
- ADs on TWCh 193 - Genie garage - calm explanation
- Explanation ad campaign Garage Pillen
- Delboy's Garage, The language of Road Positioning
Little neat trick for yah, makes you feel like you can move cars out of your way by using the force...!
- Seth Glier - 'Love is a Language' ::: Second Story Garage
Seth Glier performs his song "Love is a Language" in this music video recorded at the SecondStoryGarage.com studio inside the Daily Camera newsroom in ...
- Garage Language - Revolution
- ESL Strories - The Dinosaur in Jake's Garage (transcript video)
One morning, Jake found a dinosaur living in their garage. He went to tell his dad."Dad" he said, "There's a dinosaur living in the garage." Improve your English: ...
- Garage description
- Sunny composition (Solar Sailer & Machine Language) Garage Band
- Garage band description- melody
- Nattasit Studio - Machine Language - Garage Band Soundtrack
Download Mp3 file Nattasit studio Song.mp3 (3.4 MB)...
- Garage Band Bass Description
- Garage Line & Description
See also the pronunciation examples of Garage!
Garage in Baby Sign Language, ASL
Quotes about Garage
Scrabble value of G2A1R1A1G2E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Garage to see it in context!