On this page:
- Definition of the noun gazelle
- Phrases with Gazelle
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gazelle
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gazelle
- Photos about Gazelle
- Video about Gazelle
- Sign language
- Quotes about Gazelle
- Scrabble value of G2A1Z10E1L1L1E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun gazelle
What does gazelle mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: gazelles / gazelle
- small swift graceful antelope of Africa and Asia having lustrous eyes
- examples: The lioness finally gave chase to the gazelle. | The girls ran to the corner. Mai Ai runs like a gazelle. She was still running in place when they stopped at the corner.
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- more generic word: antelope = graceful Old World ruminant with long legs and horns directed upward and backward; includes gazelles; springboks; impalas; addax; gerenuks; blackbucks
- more specific terms:
- member of: Gazella / genus Gazella = typical gazelles
- young animal: calf
- female animal: cow
- male animal: bull
- collective noun: herd
- collateral adjective: gazelline
Gazelle was an arcade game developer founded by former Toaplan employees after the bankruptcy of the latter company in 1994.
- Gazelle is a fictional character from the 2015 film The Secret Service.
- Gazelle is a fictional character from the 2009 film Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.
- Gazelle is a fictional character, a superhero that appears in the NEW-GEN comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by Chris Matonti, J.D. Matonti, and Julia Coppola, she first appeared in NEW-GEN #1. He was a one of the children from the world of NEW-GEN granted extraordinary abilities by Deadalus' nanobot infestation. She is a founding member of the A.P.N.G. superhero team.
- Gazelle: Giselle Smith, known as Gazelle, is a comic book fictional character, a DC Comics superhero and comes from one of the planet Neptune's moons, Triton. She first appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes #37 when a squad of Legionnaires went on a mission to Triton. She later tried out for Legion membership in Legion of Super-Heroes #48 and was awarded membership.
- Gazelle is a fictional character from the 2012 TV series Eureka Seven: AO.
There are other characters with in their name, like Teresa Gazelle.
"Gazelle" is a book by Rikki Ducornet.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- subject: Egypt
- copyright: 2003-07
- "Gazelle" a.k.a. "Ghazal" is a 1989 album by Kadim Al Sahir.
- read more about Ghazal
- "Gazelle" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Freddie Mercury
- "Gazelle" is a musical album of Kol Oud Tof Trio.
Gazelle was an early sidewheeler on the Willamette River in what is now the U.S. state of Oregon. She did not operate long, suffering a catastrophic boiler explosion less than a month after her trial voyage.
Phrases with Gazelle
- gazelle hound
- Red Gazelle
- Dama Gazelle
- Rhim Gazelle
- Sand Gazelle
- Saudi Gazelle
- Dorcas Gazelle
- Indian Gazelle
- Airapus Gazelle
- Arabian Gazelle
- Clark's Gazelle
- Cuviers Gazelle
- Grant's Gazelle
- Speke's Gazelle
- Tibetan Gazelle
- Cuvier's Gazelle
- Goitered Gazelle
- Mountain Gazelle
- Mongolian Gazelle
- Neumann's Gazelle
View more phrases with the word Gazelle in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gazelle
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Big Game Shooting (1905)
by Horace Gordon Hutchinson
Loders gazelle is a true desert species, found in the Sahara hinterland, from Egypt to Morocco.
Thomson s gazelle is an interesting species, found on the high and open plateau of Masailand and in other parts of British and German East ...
Combining a Scientific Classification of Animals, Plants, and Minerals ... by Charles Frederick Partington
The gazelle is a very beautiful animal, the most bendings and irregularities; the country near the gracefully formed of all...
by Georges Louis Leclerc comte de Buffon
The ninth Gazelle is an animal which is called Nan- guer at Senegal. It is three feet...
The tenth Gazelle is a very common animal in Barbary and in Mauritania, and so well known to the English that they have given it the name of the Antelope .
by Philip Briggs
Thomson's gazelle is the most common east African species, easily recognised by its heavy black side-stripe and, in the...
Animals in Stone (2008)
Indian Mammals Sculptured Through Time by Alexandra Anna Enrica van der Geer
Zoology The chinkara or Indian gazelle is a gracile and small antelope with a shoulder height of 0.65 m (fig. 343). Chinkaras are related to ...
Desert Animals (2012)
An Amazing Fun Fact Picture Book by Mary Ann Rogers
G AZELLE Gazelle The gazelle is a species of ...
International Warbirds (2001)
An Illustrated Guide to World Military Aircraft, 1914-2000 by John C. Fredriksen
ubiquitous Gazelle is a popular light observation helicopter that pioneered several novel technologies. Jointly built by France and Great Britain, it is now flown by 36 nations. In the mid-1960s, the French army released specifications calling for ...
Art in Advertising (1895)
An Illustrated Monthly for Business Men
The Pall Mall Gazelle is the smartest and most readable daily paper in this country, and it is also one of the cleanest and most trustworthy. The St. jamer' Gazette is a high-Tory paper,very ably edited, and the Wrrlmimler Gazette, the only penny ...
by Phillip C. Naylor
Gazelle apres minuit: Chants d'amour ...
Encyclopedia of Deserts (1999)
by Michael A. Mares, Oklahoma Museum of Natural History (Norman, Okla.)
Thompson's gazelle ( Gazella thomsonii), and Grant's gazelle (Gazella granti), are found south of the equator, and only one species, the springbok (Antidorcas marsupialis) , occurs in ...
by Henry Charles Howard Earl of Suffolk and Berkshire
Gazelle Stalking — The true desert-loving gazelles, which include many species, enjoy a wide range from Persia and Central Asia to Arabia and North Africa. Chief among these may be named the Dorcas, Atlas, Arabian, Persian, Isabella, and ...
by James Orr
The word " gazelle" does not occur in AV, where fbhi and fbhiydh, in the 16 passages where they occur, are uniformly tr*1 "roe" or "roebuck." In RV the treatment is not uniform .
by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby
GAZELLE, ga-zel' (OF. gazel, gazelle, Sp. gazcla, from Ar. ghazal, gazelle, from ghazila, to be affectionate). A name applied to various small, slender, and graceful antelopes, with large, liquid eyes and short horns. About twenty species are ...
by Hope B. Werness
Gazelle. Genus Gazella consists of three subgenera ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gazelle
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Gazelle
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: hjallig
Photo credit: Jay Shouldol
Photo credit: sirpthatch
Gazelle in south Texas. Free use. Please credit: Fieldsports Channel
Photo credit: FieldsportsChannel.tv
Photo credit: ognjen.odobasic
Photo credit: Zaskoda
Photo credit: ahisgett
Photo credit: Jay Shouldol
Photo credit: ryancboren
Photo credit: tiswango
Photo credit: Mickaël T.
A caught in the headlights look
Photo credit: devopstom
Photo credit: edenpictures
Photo credit: Jim, the Photographer
This is actually a stuffed gazelle in front of a painted backdrop at the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. There is a story behind this photo but it is too long to fit here. . :-...
Photo credit: rexboggs5
Hannover Zoo, Germany.
Photo credit: Leandro's World Tour
- ADDRA GAZELLE
The dama gazelle, addra gazelle, Nanger dama, is a species of gazelle. It lives in Africa in the Sahara desert and the Sahel. and natural populations only remain in Chad, Mali, and Niger. Its habitat includes grassland, shrubland, semi-deserts, open savanna and mountain plateaus. Their diets includes grasses, leaves (especially Acacia leaves), shoots, and fruit.
Photo credit: cuatrok77
- Mhorr Gazelle
Photo credit: post406
- Newborn Thomson's Gazelle (Ngorongoro)
Photo credit: NH53
- Gazelle in Gazelle Valley e
Photo credit: zeevveez
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Gazelle
Video shows what gazelle means. An antelope of either of the genera Gazella (mostly native to Africa) or Procapra (native to Asia), capable of running at high ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Gazelle!
GAZELLE | ASL - American Sign Language
Sign for GAZELLE in ASL.
Quotes about Gazelle
A monkey in its mother's eye is like a gazelle.
more quotes about gazelle...
Scrabble value of G2A1Z10E1L1L1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Gazelle to see it in context!