On this page:
Who is Geddy Lee?
Geddy Lee Weinrib, OC, known professionally as Geddy Lee, is a Canadian musician and songwriter, best known as the lead vocalist, bassist, and keyboardist for the Canadian rock group Rush. Lee joined what would become Rush in September 1968, at the request of his childhood friend Alex Lifeson, replacing original bassist and frontman Jeff Jones. In addition to his composing, arranging, and performing duties for Rush, Lee has produced for various other bands, including Rocket Science. Lee's first solo effort, My Favourite Headache, was released in 2000.
- also known as Gary Lee Weinrib; Dirk; Geddy Lee Weinrib; Geddy; Geddy Lee, OC; Lee; Gary
- born on (62 years ago) in Willowdale, Toronto, child of Morris Weinrib and Mary Weinrib
- ethnicity: Jewish people, Poles, Polish Canadians
- nationality: Canada
- religion: Judaism, Atheism
- education: Willowdale Junior High School
- profession: Singer, musician, bassist, songwriter, record producer, keyboard player, film score composer
- member of musical groups:
- Marriage with Nancy Young since
- parent of
- genres: Hard rock, Heavy metal, Progressive rock
- album: "My Favorite Headache"
- some of the nominations and awards:
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Geddy Lee
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William Phillips, Brian Cogan
RUSH Formed in 1968 in Toronto, Ontario, the band featured bassist and lead vocalist Geddy Lee (originally Gary Lee Weinrib), guitarist Alex Lifeson ( originally Alexander Zivojinovich), and drummer John Rutsey. The band originally was ...
Guitar Encyclopedia (2014)
by Brian Tarquin
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass Model Fender Eric Clapton Signature Model.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Geddy Lee
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Geddy Lee
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Geddy Lee
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Geddy Lee to see it in context!