On this page:
- George Foreman: George Edward Foreman is a retired American professional boxer, two-time World Heavyweight Champion, Olympic gold medalist, ordained minister, author, and entrepreneur. After a troubled childhood, Foreman took up boxing and was a gold medalist at the 1968 Olympics. He won the World Heavyweight title with a second round knockout of then-undefeated Joe Frazier in Kingston, Jamaica, in 1973. He made two successful title defenses before losing to Muhammad Ali in "The Rumble in the Jungle" in 1974. He was unable to secure another title shot, and retired following a loss to Jimmy Young in 1977. Following what he referred to as a religious epiphany, Foreman became an ordained Christian minister. Ten years later, he announced a comeback and, in November 1994, at age 45, he regained the Heavyweight Championship by knocking out 27-year-old Michael Moorer. Foreman is the oldest Heavyweight Champion in history, and second oldest in any weight class after Bernard Hopkins. He retired in 1997 at the age of 48, with a final record of 76–5, including 68 knockouts.
- also known as George Edward Foreman, Big George, The Heywood Giant, George Foreman Sr., The Punching Preacher
- born on (67 years ago) in Marshall, child of JD Foreman and Nancy Foreman and Leroy Moorehead
- ethnicity: African American
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Professional boxer, entrepreneur, actor, minister, author
- parent of
- written works: "Going the Extra Smile", "Fatherhood By George", "The Next Grilleration"
- TV series:
- medal: 1968 Summer Olympics - Gold medal for United States of America in Boxing - Heavyweight
- some of the awards:
- Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year (Boxing)
- Best Boxer ESPY Award
- official website: www.georgeforeman.com
- George Foreman: Alexander George Foreman was an English professional football player who played for Walthamstow Avenue, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and represented the England amateur national football team on one occasion.
- born on (101 years ago) in Walthamstow
- died on (46 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for George Foreman
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Reflections on Life and Healing for Cancer Patients and Those Who Love Them by John Robert McFarland
GEORGE FOREMAN IS A good friend XXIII.
by Fred Metcalf
George Foreman When Mike Tyson gets mad, you don't need a referee, you need a priest. Jim Murray Frank Bruno figures to be the biggest British disaster since the Titanic. Las Vegas will bet you even money Bruno doesn't last the first round.
by Jessie Carney Smith
Foreman also promotes the George Foreman Jumbo Fat Reducing Machine. Foreman is a member of the International Boxing Hall of Fame and the U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame. Foreman is also the author of nine books. See also: Boxing; Sports ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for George Foreman
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about George Foreman
Irn-Bru on the George Foreman
How long till it's ready?
Photo credit: Jami3.org
View more pictures about George Foreman Grill.
Quotes about George Foreman
Anagrams of GEORGE FOREMAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of George Foreman!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of George Foreman to see it in context!